Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to be careful, for I only speak the truth. WBC can call itself whatever it wishes but that doesn’t make it a real church. God will decide that. Churches following the will of God do not hate, as they seem to do.
Actually, most do hate something or another - what about homosexuality? Even the liberal Catholic church has something to say about their hatred for abortion. The WBC is just as much a church, with a congregation, as any other Southern Baptist church. They share, some to a lesser degree, the same beliefs and twisted views on life that makes them a throwback religeon.
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Your lumping all Baptist Churches together in your effort to malign all of us is very petty and typical of anti-Christians. You should be embarrassed for making such a biased statement while trying to come across as fair-minded. You know you are incorrect in stating “That pretty much describes most Baptist ministries (especially in the Bible belt), and we all know those are true Christian institutions, right?”
I stand by my statement as truth. I have lived in the South and have firsthand experience with SB's. They are as hypocritical a religeous bunch as I have ever run up against. They are anti-everything. If you ever want to meet a bible-thumping SB on a weekend, don't try on a Sunday - rather meet them at the liquor store on Saturday night.
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You, like many, simply want criticize the Christian religion, and I am tired of it. No Baptist Churches are similar in behavior to WBC and you know it. We Baptists teach the Bible exactly as it is; we uphold the Word of God; and we do not discriminate against gays by not accepting homosexuality.
"You, like many?"
Who's lumping now? Typical hypocritical SB thinking. If you're not a Christian, you are looked down upon - no other religeon in the world with the exception of some radical Mid-Eastern fanatical religeons and the WBC do that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesus preach to accept all of his children with open arms?
Hypocrites.
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Billy Graham is Southern Baptist, as am I, and neither he nor I accept the behavior of WBC. We Baptists do not have extreme ideologies, which is your label because you are not Christian and you enjoy trying to make us out to be radical undesirables.
Big deal. George Carlin was an atheist as am I. You're point is invalid. I was born a Christian - but I am also a realist - there is nobody that's going to save you in your lifetime - no one. Religeon is a crutch for the insecure.
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You are unfair and unjust in your criticism of Chick-Fil-A, who took a rightful stand for their religious beliefs, according to Biblical teachings. You have no right to put them down for exercising their right granted by the Constitution to freedom of speech and the unhindered practice of their religious beliefs. If you don’t like their beliefs, eat somewhere else; but allow them the same rights you take for yourself. They are as much American as you are.
Here we go again - why does Chik-Fil-A have an opinion (which they backed down from when Cathy discovered nobody outside the bible belt would eat that crap they call food) about everything except for good food?
I fought for and earned my rights. The same rights most people take for granted.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
There is NOTHING a person can do to be forgiven for their sins other than to simply ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. There is no work you can do to earn forgiveness. Jesus Christ was the only one capable of earning your forgiveness, because He was sinless.
And posting on a public forum during work hours isn't a sin?

Try asking your boss for forgiveness.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

god didn't create a church/temple or a place of worship.... he stated one thing

no matter what language you speak he said

I'm god the one and only god you will put before you... obey the Sabbath [ didn't say Sun/Fri/nor Sat just obey the sabbath] I'm the only god before you ...

adherents of the major Western monotheistic religions all believe in the same God?.....when Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship on their different holy days, are they worshipping the same divinity?

“God Bless America ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody produces mass murders , mass murders are driven
WHY in most cases we don't know
Hitler: who was the mass murderer Hitler or those who carried it out
Both.

Since: Dec 12

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't recall anyone I murdered , isn't that a commandment??
so at least one kept ...
Jesus Christ said that if you even hate somebody you are guilty of murder. I don't think there is anybody who hasn't hated somebody in their life. And it does not matter if you have been able to keep 4 or 5 or 7 or 8 or even 9 of the commandments - the bible says that if you break one of them you are guilty of breaking them all.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Sir,in the case of criminal homicide,neither God nor the Son of God will unilaterally apply forgiveness. The victim or victims must also forgive;and, there are no 'free-lunches.' Expiation for sin is a reality. Also,we do not choose Our Lord and Saviour;He chooses us.
The victim or victims of murder are not capable of forgiving the one who murdeed them! There is a "free lunch" as you call it but it cost Jesus Christ death on the cross. Through Him and Him alone ALL SIN can be forgiven. Any other way to forgiveness is UNBIBLICAL. Even if a murder victim was able in their last breath to forgive the murderer, that has nothing to do with whether the murderer will be forgiven by God of not. ALL FORGIVENESS comes directly from God, any other forgiveness does not matter when speaking of whether the murderer will go to heaven or hell.

MOSES was a murderer, is he in hell now?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ said that if you even hate somebody you are guilty of murder. I don't think there is anybody who hasn't hated somebody in their life. And it does not matter if you have been able to keep 4 or 5 or 7 or 8 or even 9 of the commandments - the bible says that if you break one of them you are guilty of breaking them all.
1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
What Jesus is saying here is this: "In the old days men condemned murder; and truly murder is forever wrong. But I tell you that not only are a man's outward actions under judgment; his inmost thoughts are also under the scrutiny and the judgment of God. Long-lasting anger is bad; contemptuous speaking is worse, and the careless or malicious talk which destroys a man's good name is worst of all." The man who is the slave of anger, the man who speaks in the accent of contempt, the man who destroys another's good name, may never have committed a murder in action, but he is a murderer at heart.

The refernce to murder is figurative, not literal.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
9 Whosoever is aborn of God bdoth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

devil made me post that

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
The victim or victims of murder are not capable of forgiving the one who murdeed them! There is a "free lunch" as you call it but it cost Jesus Christ death on the cross. Through Him and Him alone ALL SIN can be forgiven. Any other way to forgiveness is UNBIBLICAL. Even if a murder victim was able in their last breath to forgive the murderer, that has nothing to do with whether the murderer will be forgiven by God of not. ALL FORGIVENESS comes directly from God, any other forgiveness does not matter when speaking of whether the murderer will go to heaven or hell.
Not all forgiveness comes from God. On earth it comes from an individual towards another individual - from the heart and is sincere. Whether religeon is involved or not is irrelevant - people, religeous or not, forgive other people, religeous or not, all the time.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
THEOLOGICA: Absolution from excommunication ...
But any priest can absolve his subject from sin. Therefore much more can he absolve him from excommunication.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus is saying here is this: "In the old days men condemned murder; and truly murder is forever wrong. But I tell you that not only are a man's outward actions under judgment; his inmost thoughts are also under the scrutiny and the judgment of God. Long-lasting anger is bad; contemptuous speaking is worse, and the careless or malicious talk which destroys a man's good name is worst of all." The man who is the slave of anger, the man who speaks in the accent of contempt, the man who destroys another's good name, may never have committed a murder in action, but he is a murderer at heart.
The entire bible is figurative and as with all fiction should never be taken literally.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

from an AGENT of GOD:

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" is an American patriotic song written by Frank Loesser and published as sheet music in 1942 by Famous Music Corp. The song was a response to the attack on Pearl Harbor that marked United States involvement in World War II.

The song describes a chaplain ("sky pilot") being with some fighting men who are under attack from an enemy. He is asked to say a prayer for the men who were engaged in firing at the oncoming planes. The chaplain puts down his Bible, mans one of the ship's gun turrets and begins firing back, saying, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire bible is figurative and as with all fiction should never be taken literally.
Poor Hebrews.

They had a best-seller going until the Christians stepped on it more than an old Karen Carpenter song.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

a man of the cloth:

Battle Hymn (1957) is a Universal Studios feature film starring Rock Hudson as Colonel Dean E. Hess, a real-life United States Air Force fighter pilot in the Korean War.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tallyho wrote:
from an AGENT of GOD:
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" is an American patriotic song written by Frank Loesser and published as sheet music in 1942 by Famous Music Corp. The song was a response to the attack on Pearl Harbor that marked United States involvement in World War II.
The song describes a chaplain ("sky pilot") being with some fighting men who are under attack from an enemy. He is asked to say a prayer for the men who were engaged in firing at the oncoming planes. The chaplain puts down his Bible, mans one of the ship's gun turrets and begins firing back, saying, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".
Interesting :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Richard I was officially crowned duke on 20 July 1189 and king in Westminster Abbey on 3 September 1189.[44] When he was crowned, Richard barred all Jews and women from the ceremony, but some Jewish leaders arrived to present gifts for the new king.[45] According to Ralph of Diceto, Richard's courtiers stripped and flogged the Jews, then flung them out of court.[46]

When a rumour spread that Richard had ordered all Jews to be killed, the people of London began a massacre.[46] Many Jews were beaten to death, robbed, and burned alive.[46] Many Jewish homes were burned down, and several Jews were forcibly baptised.[46] Some sought sanctuary in the Tower of London, and others managed to escape. Among those killed was Jacob of Orléans, a respected Jewish scholar.[47] Roger of Hoveden, in his Gesta Regis Ricardi, claimed that the rioting was started by the jealous and bigoted citizens, and that Richard punished the perpetrators, allowing a forcibly converted Jew to return to his native religion. Baldwin of Forde, Archbishop of Canterbury reacted by remarking, "If the King is not God's man, he had better be the devil's".[48]

Baldwin of Forde, Archbishop of Canterbury reacted by remarking, "If the King is not God's man, he had better be the devil's".[48]

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
not necessarily .... depends on what you believe... a little cleansing in Purgatory will get one to Heaven
It does not matter what we "believe" - if something is not written in the bible it is dreamed up by a man and therefore unbiblical. Cleansing in Purgatory is an unbiblical concept. No amount or kind of "works" will gain anyone forgiveness. ALL FORGIVENESS comes directly from God only.
2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Yaw she did, even from herself and look what it got her(?)

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what Jesus Christ ACTUALLY SAID was:
What some man "thinks" He said or "thinks" He meant does not matter.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter what we "believe" - if something is not written in the bible it is dreamed up by a man and therefore unbiblical. Cleansing in Purgatory is an unbiblical concept. No amount or kind of "works" will gain anyone forgiveness. ALL FORGIVENESS comes directly from God only.
2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
The entire bible was dreamed up by man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••