“Home sweet home :) ”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

New Zealand

#1089 Sep 12, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> YO REAPER..Crawl back under your ROCK!!
Are we TALKING about your Biological Clock, Chick???
KEEP your DRAMA to yourself..!!
I am talking about time Chick.:) The thread says tell a truth, and I did. Do you want another truth? You are an aggressive chick. Watch out, your feathers might start to fall off.:)

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#1090 Sep 13, 2013
Lexie Lex wrote:
Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank. Its name is time. Every morning, it credits you with 86400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against tomorrow. You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success. The clock is running. Make the most of today.:)
very nice and well said.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#1091 Sep 13, 2013
Lexie Lex wrote:
Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank. Its name is time. Every morning, it credits you with 86400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against tomorrow. You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success. The clock is running. Make the most of today.:)
Really like this post. Well put. Thanks for posting it.
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1092 Sep 13, 2013
If you do not like where you are. Move. You are not a tree.

From Pinterest.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#1093 Sep 13, 2013
I wish I could withdraw some of mine and give it to somebody who is short on time...like a terminally ill person.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#1094 Sep 15, 2013
Lexie Lex wrote:
With a gross under utilization of my computer, I had to pull up the calculator.

There are, indeed, 86400 seconds in our 24 hour non-astronomical day.

With that verified, I shall try to pick apart the rest of your post...

Hmm.

Ah.

Got it.

Yes, make the most of your day. However, take the time to smell the roses.

The devil may be in the details (e.g. 86400 seconds) but I've found there are joys in many small things.

If you take the time to look at them...

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1095 Sep 15, 2013
i was happy, :(

“Home sweet home :) ”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

New Zealand

#1096 Sep 15, 2013
penyodom jubor wrote:
i was happy,:(
Sometimes to be unhappy enables us to enjoy happiness when we feel it. For how would we know happiness if we didn't know what it was like to be unhappy.?

I am sure you will be happy again.:)

Level 7

Nehwon

#1097 Sep 16, 2013
Once your are done skiing for the day, hit the bar for the apres ski entertainment.

Next, hit the hot tub. keep the beer/wine/organic free range cow milk/etc. cool in the snow around the hot tub.

Finally before going to bed, do some stretching exercises focused on the legs.

This way, you can get up and do it all over again.

Advice not necessarily valid to those under 25, but keep it in mind when the years fly by.

“Be Classy”

Level 3

Since: Jan 10

Leaves one to Wonder

#1098 Apr 24, 2014
Some promises are not worth keeping.

Level 7

Nehwon

#1099 Apr 25, 2014
Amelinda wrote:
Some promises are not worth keeping.
Some promises should neither be made nor demanded in the heat of a moment.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#1100 Apr 27, 2014
Every time I read the title to this thread I smirk thinking to myself, what an ironic thread for topix....
That's the truth!

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#1102 Apr 28, 2014
Good things come to those who WORK!

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1103 Apr 28, 2014
Hard work is very rewarding. Great sense of accomplishment.
Ozie

Concord, CA

#1104 Apr 28, 2014
a truth...

~Oz

good night love.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#1105 Apr 28, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
Hard work is very rewarding. Great sense of accomplishment.
truth is, I'm glad I've met you on here.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#1106 Apr 28, 2014
Truth is I'll probably ignore your comment of your a gray box because there's to many trolls who say things that aren't worth reading.
Sorry if your offended.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1107 Apr 28, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>truth is, I'm glad I've met you on here.
Truth is, this Texan is glad to finally meet someone on here with a funny accent.(Maine)
Actually, truth is, I'm honored to meet such a noble man who loves and works hard for his family.

Since: Jun 13

Rochester, New York

#1108 Apr 29, 2014
To try as hard as I can ... sometimes things don't happen as I would
like them to. I will just have to try harder.

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Cadillac MI

#1109 Apr 29, 2014
All work" and no play makes a very boring life!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the good old days ..... 3 min TALLYHO 8541 1
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 3 min GUMP locator 15
new drug names 4 min Mister_ E 8
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min Vee 6,987
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min CJ Rocker 3,375
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min -Lea- 20,441
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min CJ Rocker 147,160
What's your tip for the day? 28 min Chilli J 1,060
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 32 min SimplyLoveYou 36,489
Cops: Wash. Man Posed as Policeman ... for 25 Y... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 6