of 169
Next Last
Duh Chameleon

Glenwood, WV

#3495 Sep 8, 2012
It's ALIVE!!

'

'
Did you have a good vacation? Daym. I missed you.
'
:)
'
dh

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#3496 Oct 28, 2012
"I've always said that when the canyon jump comes, if I miss it I'll get somewhere quicker where you're all going someday.... Dying is a part of living and none of us is going to get out of here alive." -- Evel Knievel
Rosa

Opelousas, LA

#3497 Oct 28, 2012
Big Time wrote:
"I've always said that when the canyon jump comes, if I miss it I'll get somewhere quicker where you're all going someday.... Dying is a part of living and none of us is going to get out of here alive." -- Evel Knievel
...yep...and we do offer a discount on multiple sales...please see the manager for information...or to have your frequent visitor card...every 21st service is free...

Location Shown

#3498 Nov 3, 2012
Well I've missed my bus I know I'm late
I've gotta do something I know I hate
I'm gonna walk to work fifteen blocks
I already got a hole in my socks
Go ahead and laugh that's okay
Cause what I really wanna say
I got bad feet my corns hurt
To top it off I'm lost for work
Let me tell you what I say
When I'm dealing with the funky sidewalk
Let me show you how to walk
When I gotta do my funky walk
Let me tell you what I say
When I'm dealing with the funky sidewalk
I say sssssssss-sugar

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#3499 Dec 24, 2012
poolG,..

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#3500 Dec 25, 2012
The Stranger!

A few years after I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mom taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey.

But the stranger... he was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet.(I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home - not from us, our friends or any visitors. Our long time visitor, however, got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush.

My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol but the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked ... And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name?...

We just call him "TV."

He has a wife now....we call her 'Computer.'

Their first child is "Cell Phone".

Second child "I Pod"

And Just Born Last Year Was a Grandchild:

"iPad"

Location Shown

#3501 Feb 13, 2013
Nothing much really came from the hit and run postings, until late March, when I stumble onto a thread called "Sick of it All: Us vs. Them", located in Offbeat.

Basically it was a video thread of sorts, started by a pompous blowhard called "The Big Time". I had previous run-ins with this individual and his minions before, but not much came of it. This time, with last year's trolling by a group of people who went under the moniker "Prayerful One" (a future topic of discussion) still relatively fresh in my mind, I went on the prowl to try and goad a few of them into admitting that they had created/participated/had knowledge of this particular troll.

http://cedarmountainnewengland.blogspot.com/2...
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#3503 Sep 14, 2013

Good Company

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Happy Day
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#3504 Sep 14, 2013

I've Been Everywhere, Man

Location Shown

#3505 Sep 15, 2013
Several signs paying tribute to Pasquale also were hung in Memorial Stadium by Nebraska fans well known for being among the most classy in the nation in terms of treatment of opposing teams.

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#3506 Jan 4, 2014
Husker D wrote:

Good Company
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Happy Day

Ol H D has a Memory or Two,. Find me when it's all over and we start back to the "Center of the Universe",...

Location Shown

#3507 Jan 8, 2014
Just don't Call me Phat,...
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#3508 Feb 3, 2014

You Never saw it here first,

The high school marching band was imported from 37 miles away,
'cuz Milligan ain't got but 275 people total..

50 miles across the corn, my daughter, son-in-law and grand daughter made the trip. They're in the crowd there somewhere...
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#3509 Feb 3, 2014
Same computer, same house, local news says Lincoln,

I don't even speak Espanola.

Nice, Topix.

Location Shown

#3510 Mar 7, 2015
Happy Birthday,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 169
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Mister_ E 167,521
Answer a question with a question 4 min Brother Larry 540
Topix Time 5 min Brother Larry 15
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min andet1987 9,408
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 6 min Gone Hollywood 2,446
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min andet1987 172,101
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 8 min Grace Nerissa 2,586
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 57 min Gone Hollywood 241
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 1 hr Mister_ E 1,971
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 3 hr Alain Vain 14,612
More from around the web