TEXAS Explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#41 Apr 25, 2013
No dumbass!

ammonium nitrate will eat thru metal and it's stored on top of the tank, any accelerate 'fire' will set if off. Built storage unit on top of tank (filled with old oil, diesel,~combustables) to hide it the tank, against EPA inspection.
BOOM!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#42 Apr 25, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
No dumbass!
ammonium nitrate will eat thru metal and it's stored on top of the tank, any accelerate 'fire' will set if off. Built storage unit on top of tank (filled with old oil, diesel,~combustables) to hide it the tank, against EPA inspection.
BOOM!!!
No dumbass!!!

I don't suppose anybody would've noticed a bigass backhoe digging a hole on company grounds and placing a 250 gallon tank in the ground, huh?

You can't possibly be this stupid in real life - no way - this is all an act right?

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#44 Apr 25, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference - Sandy Hook was intentional.
Dead is dead.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#45 Apr 25, 2013
17 years since inspection-who knows what it was before it was a fertilizer plant?
=under ground tanks are a 'big' problem - not only here in IN.=
until they're exposed they're not accounted for...
ground is not tested for pollutants.
But 'i'll bet this ground will be!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#46 Apr 25, 2013
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead is dead.
Mitch? Mitch McConnell?

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#47 Apr 25, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitch? Mitch McConnell?
Harry? Harry Reid? LoL.'Sup Grandpa M :)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#48 Apr 25, 2013
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry? Harry Reid? LoL.'Sup Grandpa M :)
Heading out soon.

Weather's warm - hoping to get the bike back out of storage soon.

Imma gonna get one of those frontal baby carriers as seen in Hangover. The chicks dig 'em.

:o)

Level 8

Hoosierville

#49 Apr 25, 2013
Come see me!

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#50 Apr 25, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heading out soon.
Weather's warm - hoping to get the bike back out of storage soon.
Imma gonna get one of those frontal baby carriers as seen in Hangover. The chicks dig 'em.
:o)
LoL.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#51 Apr 27, 2013
Federal investigators haven't determined the cause of a horrific fire and explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant last week, but the main suspect is a potentially explosive, loosely regulated fertilizer that is seen less and less in farms across the USA.

"They had 270 tons of ammonium nitrate stored on that site," says Bryan Haywood, who runs Safety Engineering Network, a consulting group in Milford, Ohio. "That's why there's a 93-foot-wide crater there now.

"There is nothing else in their reporting that has the potential for such a detonation," he says.

Ammonium nitrate is explosive under the right conditions. Mixed with something flammable and exposed to flame, it can explode. Timothy McVeigh used 2 tons of ammonium nitrate mixed with fuel oil to destroy the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people, in 1995

Level 8

Hoosierville

#52 May 10, 2013

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#53 May 10, 2013
I called it (maybe):
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/west-...

West EMT Bryce Reed, center, attended a memorial service for his friend, Cyrus Reed, and other victims of the fertilizer plant explosion last month. He is now in custody for possession of a destructive device.(AP)

Update at 11:32 a.m.: A full version of this morning’s breaking news events out of West can be found here. Further updates will posted to that story.

Original item posted at 9:21 a.m.: A West paramedic was arrested early Friday morning on a charge of possession of a destructive device.

Bryce Reed, 31, was arrested around 2 a.m. and was booked into McLennan County Jail. The U.S. Marshals have since taken him into custody.

Officials haven’t said whether the arrest was related to the April 17 explosion at West Fertilizer Co. that killed 15, injured about 200 and destroyed hundreds of homes.

Before his arrest, Reed had spoken to the media — including The Dallas Morning News and The Los Angeles Times — about his experience responding to the explosion.

He is due in federal court in Waco some time after 10 this morning.

Dr. George Smith, medical director for West EMS, had no comment when reached this morning.

Reed was also an instructor for an EMS class, according to one of his students, Amanda Atkins.

“The Bryce Reed that I know is a great guy. He would do anything for anybody. I would trust him with my life,” said Atkins, who has known Reed since November.

“I don’t see him being that type of person at all. He is the most caring, giving guy. I mean, wow. He’s totally not that type of person.”

More to come.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#54 May 10, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
I called it (maybe):
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/west-...
West EMT Bryce Reed, center, attended a memorial service for his friend, Cyrus Reed, and other victims of the fertilizer plant explosion last month. He is now in custody for possession of a destructive device.(AP)
Update at 11:32 a.m.: A full version of this morning’s breaking news events out of West can be found here. Further updates will posted to that story.
Original item posted at 9:21 a.m.: A West paramedic was arrested early Friday morning on a charge of possession of a destructive device.
Bryce Reed, 31, was arrested around 2 a.m. and was booked into McLennan County Jail. The U.S. Marshals have since taken him into custody.
Officials haven’t said whether the arrest was related to the April 17 explosion at West Fertilizer Co. that killed 15, injured about 200 and destroyed hundreds of homes.
Before his arrest, Reed had spoken to the media — including The Dallas Morning News and The Los Angeles Times — about his experience responding to the explosion.
He is due in federal court in Waco some time after 10 this morning.
Dr. George Smith, medical director for West EMS, had no comment when reached this morning.
Reed was also an instructor for an EMS class, according to one of his students, Amanda Atkins.
“The Bryce Reed that I know is a great guy. He would do anything for anybody. I would trust him with my life,” said Atkins, who has known Reed since November.
“I don’t see him being that type of person at all. He is the most caring, giving guy. I mean, wow. He’s totally not that type of person.”
More to come.
The challenge now is how to connect him to Muslim terrorists... I'm sure Fox is working on it...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#55 May 10, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>The challenge now is how to connect him to Muslim terrorists... I'm sure Fox is working on it...
I, myself, have been called a fox for a long time now. No doubt! I tried like all hell since it happened to tie/connect it into Muslim terrorists. Remember...is all about timing.

Have to ask. Why an American? For damn sure, why a paramedic? I mean, where does one's mind go with this. One minute helping, next killing.
Can't find the logic in this. Even if I can find reason.

Location hidden

#56 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I, myself, have been called a fox for a long time now. No doubt! I tried like all hell since it happened to tie/connect it into Muslim terrorists. Remember...is all about timing.
Have to ask. Why an American? For damn sure, why a paramedic? I mean, where does one's mind go with this. One minute helping, next killing.
Can't find the logic in this. Even if I can find reason.
It's happened quite often that firefighters have set fires so they could 'heroically' fight them. It might be as simple as that. Or, he's part of some reichwing militia looking to stir things up. Too soon to tell.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#57 May 11, 2013
FAMOUS BLOGGER ~~~~ self glorification

Soli Deo gloria

As a doctrine, it means essentially that everything that is done is for God's glory to the exclusion of humankind's self-glorification and pride.

just kidding rodent!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#58 May 11, 2013
Guess, I jumped the gun. Am edgy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/11/us-...

(Reuters)- A paramedic accused of possessing pipe bomb components will plead not guilty to that charge and denies an involvement in causing the deadly explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant that he was among the first to respond to, his lawyer said on Saturday.

"Let me be very clear, Mr. Reed had no involvement whatsoever in the explosion at the West, Texas fertilizer plant," his attorney, Jonathan Sibley, said in a statement.)

I mean, if his attorney said he is innocent, then he is innocent. Right?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#59 May 11, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>It's happened quite often that firefighters have set fires so they could 'heroically' fight them. It might be as simple as that. Or, he's part of some reichwing militia looking to stir things up. Too soon to tell.
Yes, heard about that. As there are mothers that make their child ill to be the hero.

I can never say enough...how strange humans are.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#60 May 11, 2013
DC wrote:
<QUOTE> how strange humans are ]>unquote[
U'r tell'n me!

Location hidden

#61 May 11, 2013
Guess, I jumped the gun. Am edgy.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/11/us-...
(Reuters)- A paramedic accused of possessing pipe bomb components will plead not guilty to that charge and denies an involvement in causing the deadly explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant that he was among the first to respond to, his lawyer said on Saturday.
"Let me be very clear, Mr. Reed had no involvement whatsoever in the explosion at the West, Texas fertilizer plant," his attorney, Jonathan Sibley, said in a statement.)
I mean, if his attorney said he is innocent, then he is innocent. Right?
LOL! Yep, attorney endorsement is as good as getting an Offbeat Ghoul to confirm something. A slam dunk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Dogen 205,251
There goes the neighborhood! (May '13) 1 min P Ness 10,934
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 3 min 8541 MARINE 18
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 4 min Que Sera Sera 3,774
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 5 min Knock off purse s... 1,203
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 19,860
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 8 min Parden Pard 677
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,285
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 197,739
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 59,932
More from around the web