“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1800 Nov 11, 2013
AmericanApplePie wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither. I start December 1st and finish by the 15th. Those Christmas Eve shoppers baffle me.
Favorite Holiday Tradition?
Since we have been married...my wife and I like to go to the 4:00pm Mass on Christmas Eve..then invite the Pastor over for some Christmas Cheer, Dinner, and very simple exchange of gifts. It helps in keeping things in proper perspective for the Christmas Season

Is there any family member you can't wait to see for the Holidays this season?

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#1801 Nov 11, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we have been married...my wife and I like to go to the 4:00pm Mass on Christmas Eve..then invite the Pastor over for some Christmas Cheer, Dinner, and very simple exchange of gifts. It helps in keeping things in proper perspective for the Christmas Season
Is there any family member you can't wait to see for the Holidays this season?
I wish....wish I could see my sis that lives in Virginia, won't happen this year.

Do you put out a flag on holidays?

Level 5

Location hidden

#1802 Nov 11, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish....wish I could see my sis that lives in Virginia, won't happen this year.
Do you put out a flag on holidays?
No...the only flag that I am "permitted" by wife...is her University of Michigan Flag...when they beat Notre Dame and/or Ohio State LOL!!

Have you ever visited New York during the Christmas season to shop,go to the Rockettes, or skate at Rockefeller Center?

#1803 Nov 11, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
<quoted text>
No...the only flag that I am "permitted" by wife...is her University of Michigan Flag...when they beat Notre Dame and/or Ohio State LOL!!
Have you ever visited New York during the Christmas season to shop,go to the Rockettes, or skate at Rockefeller Center?
Yes!! all 3! My grandma lived in NYC her whole life and I visited and stayed over often. Also love the Museum of Natural History!

Have you ever attended the Worlds Fair?(do they have them anymore?)

Level 5

Location hidden

#1804 Nov 11, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! all 3! My grandma lived in NYC her whole life and I visited and stayed over often. Also love the Museum of Natural History!
No..but they still do have them...my understanding is that the next one will be in Milan, Italy in 2015...

Speaking of Italy..

Have you ever visited Vatican City?

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Toronto, Canada

#1805 Jan 5, 2014
avon5735 wrote:
<quoted text>
No..but they still do have them...my understanding is that the next one will be in Milan, Italy in 2015...
Speaking of Italy..
Have you ever visited Vatican City?
No, I have not.

Have you ever been anywhere in Canada?

Level 4

Toronto, Canada

#1806 Jan 5, 2014
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at Expo ('67), but was only 4 years old and cannot remember anything about it...I have a few pictures though fortunately.

Have you been to a world fair?

“16 is NOT my age. ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 11

KC MO

#1807 Jan 5, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>I was at Expo ('67), but was only 4 years old and cannot remember anything about it...I have a few pictures though fortunately.
Have you been to a world fair?
No.

If you could participate in one sport in the Olympics what would it be?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#1808 Jan 5, 2014
Ellie16 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Giant Slalom.

But at this point, my participation would be making it through, maybe, a dozen gates with a spectacular crash worthy of a viral youtube video. And two years of rehab.

How many more years will it be before my icon pic is antiquated like a typewriter?

“16 is NOT my age. ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 11

KC MO

#1809 Jan 5, 2014
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Giant Slalom.
But at this point, my participation would be making it through, maybe, a dozen gates with a spectacular crash worthy of a viral youtube video. And two years of rehab.
How many more years will it be before my icon pic is antiquated like a typewriter?
Not very long.

Have you seen the the things they're doing with Xbox one?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#1810 Jan 5, 2014
Ellie16 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very long.
Have you seen the the things they're doing with Xbox one?
Can't say that I have.

Having the latest and greatest lost its appeal when I spent a lot of time researching to build my first computer - a 482DX2 CPU.

And all I've seen since then is the 80/20 rule in full force.

Let's hope there is an AI singularity in our lifetime before the entire house of cards comes crashing down.

What does it matter who or what keeps the internet running as long as we get our "bread and circuses" fix today?

Level 4

Toronto, Canada

#1811 Jan 5, 2014
Ellie16 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You probably already guessed my answer Ellie. I would choose kayaking, of course.

Same question for you...what would your sport be?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1812 Jan 5, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>You probably already guessed my answer Ellie. I would choose kayaking, of course.
Same question for you...what would your sport be?
I LOVE watching Hockey...but not playing it...

Are you being affected by this deep freeze???

Level 4

Toronto, Canada

#1813 Jan 5, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE watching Hockey...but not playing it...
Are you being affected by this deep freeze???
Yes. It has been a lot warmer the last couple days but it is expected to drop down again later tonight. Last week it was -23 celcius with windchills of -35...very cold.

How about you...is it cold where you live?

#1814 Jan 8, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. It has been a lot warmer the last couple days but it is expected to drop down again later tonight. Last week it was -23 celcius with windchills of -35...very cold.
not really. Our winter is torrential, non-stop rain. IF it freezes, the region is paralyzed.

Who was the biggest influence on your career path?

#1818 Jan 11, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>I love the rain, especially cold rain. I think I could like it where you live.
How many umbrella's do you go through per year due to high winds ruining them?
I do not have or use an umbrella..as you have suggested the wind becomes a real issue! I prefer to pull a knit hat down tight and just go for it!!!!

If there is anywhere at all in this big, beautiful world that you could go....where would it be?
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1819 Jan 11, 2014
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have or use an umbrella..as you have suggested the wind becomes a real issue! I prefer to pull a knit hat down tight and just go for it!!!!
If there is anywhere at all in this big, beautiful world that you could go....where would it be?
Fränkische Schweiz, Germany.
Do you like bacon?

Location hidden

#1820 Jan 11, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>We have been hit pretty hard by the deep freeze and ice. This weekend should see the temperature rise to plu 8 or plus 9 which is going to be a real treat.
How are you fairing with the weather?
I would like to see the Sun...for an entire week...I'm getting the Winter Blues...:(

Location hidden

#1821 Jan 11, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. It has been a lot warmer the last couple days but it is expected to drop down again later tonight. Last week it was -23 celcius with windchills of -35...very cold.
We could use about a week of Sunshine...I'm getting the Wintertime Blues...:(

Location hidden

#1824 Jan 13, 2014
PaulOuth wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you get that week of sunshine soon, Marissa./ But at least spring is only a little over a month away.
What do you most look forward to doing when summer is finally here?
The Phillies...:)

What is your favorite Winter sport???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Cosby 10 min Deer Whisperer 234
Is it possible to....... 11 min Dr Wu 1
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 307
Passengers Push Russian Airplane Stuck In Ice 13 min TALLYHO 8541 5
What Could Be Catchy,...? 16 min Dr Wu 24
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 19 min Please enter your... 7,354
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 23 min Giving 384
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 25 min Mitt s Airtight D... 15
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min Dr Wu 151,115
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Deer Whisperer 37,494

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE