A New Friendship Thread...A New Day A New Dollar!!

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 225
Next Last

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#1 May 10, 2007
This is a new begining to a bad ending. Its time to start anew for those who are willing. Can we ALL put the past in the past and put our best foot forward? I can!!

“A huge storm is a brew-en...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 May 10, 2007
Welcome back hot chick.....

Subject: Tick Removal

Please forward to anyone with children... or hunters, people who do yard work, gardeners, etc!!

A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!!

I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great , because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"

Another method that my friend uses:.........if the ticks are just crawling on you and not burrowed in yet:

Take a piece of scotch tape to pick them off and then seal them in.

Creative people!!!!!!!!!!

Please pass on ~~~ everyone needs this helpful information...

“Just Look At Me Now I`m A Fake”

Whites Creek Tennessee

#3 May 10, 2007
Hey Sunshine

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#4 May 10, 2007
marsdust wrote:
Please forward to anyone with children... or hunters, people who do yard work, gardeners, etc!!
A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!!
I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great , because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.
Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.
This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.
Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"
Another method that my friend uses:.........if the ticks are just crawling on you and not burrowed in yet:
Hi Handsome!! Thanks for the info. Its getting to be that time of year.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#5 May 10, 2007
Mason Cage wrote:
Hey Sunshine
Hi Christian. How have you been? Hows school? School gets out here June 7th instead of the 3rd. The district has to make up snow days.

Whites Creek Tennessee

#6 May 10, 2007
La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Christian. How have you been? Hows school? School gets out here June 7th instead of the 3rd. The district has to make up snow days.
Hey,
I`m been ok I`ve been busy
School is hard Exams start on Monday I`ve been studying that`s the reason why I havn`t been online in Offbeat sorry if anyone worried about me

Whites Creek Tennessee

#7 May 10, 2007
And how are you Sunshine?

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8 May 10, 2007
Mason Cage wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,
I`m been ok I`ve been busy
School is hard Exams start on Monday I`ve been studying that`s the reason why I havn`t been online in Offbeat sorry if anyone worried about me
I'm glad that you are ok. I was off for awhile myself. Those end of the school year exams, can get cha everytime. I bet you will ace those test tho. Good Luck Christian...

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#9 May 10, 2007
Mason Cage wrote:
And how are you Sunshine?
I'm doing pretty good Christian. Its a new day and a new dollar. Do you have a new girlfriend? If so..whats she like?

Whites Creek Tennessee

#10 May 10, 2007
La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing pretty good Christian. Its a new day and a new dollar. Do you have a new girlfriend? If so..whats she like?
Nah I don`t have one

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#11 May 10, 2007
Mason Cage wrote:
<quoted text>Nah I don`t have one
Don't worry about it. A person can have fun without a boyfriend are girlfriend. Its fun to socialize and be with different people.
Sweet Cheeks

Grovetown, GA

#12 May 10, 2007
Hey to All!! Hope all is well!!! Mama Sunshine I'm glad to see you around...I've been missing EVERYONE!!!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13 May 10, 2007
Sweet Cheeks wrote:
Hey to All!! Hope all is well!!! Mama Sunshine I'm glad to see you around...I've been missing EVERYONE!!!
This is a new day. Time for everyone to wash the grudges out their hair and move forward. At least those who want to. I know that you have been missed, too. Welcome back Sweet Cheeks!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#14 May 10, 2007
"Forgive and Forget"

To forgive;
Is not to forget

To forgive;
Is really to remember

That nobody is perfect;

That each of us stumbles
When we want so much to stay upright;

That each of us says things
We wish that we had never said;

That we can all forget that love
Is more important than being right;

To forgive
Is really to remember;

That we are so much more
than our mistakes;

That we are often more kind and caring
That accepting anothers flaws
Can help us accept our own;

To forgive
Is to remember;

That the odds are pretty good that
We might soon need to be forgiven ourselves;

That life sometimes gives us more
Than we can handle gracefully;

To forgive
Is to remember;

That we have room in our hearts to
Begin again

And again

And again.....

~~Author Unknown~~

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#15 May 10, 2007
WELCOME
LaSunshine,

Great to see you back, peeping out happily like the latest summer flower.

Now, put that kettle and coffee pot AWAY,

break out the CHAMPAGNE!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 May 10, 2007
marsdust wrote:
welcome back hot chick. Subject tick removal? What kind of a welcome back hello is that? Try it again. You have one more chance. Start with, "Welcome, back." Okay, now take it from there.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#17 May 10, 2007
Grace Nerissa wrote:
WELCOME
LaSunshine,
Great to see you back, peeping out happily like the latest summer flower.
Now, put that kettle and coffee pot AWAY,
break out the CHAMPAGNE!!
Okay...Its on the way..((filling glasses and passing one over to you)) Cheers, my Dear sweet Grace. The past is in the past. Lets boogie!!

“Runs Like a Deere”

Rome, GA

#18 May 10, 2007
Still,

Not as good as

Some Ohio Frozen Snake around The Holidays,

Just don't mess with the Cranberry Sauce....

“A huge storm is a brew-en...”

Location hidden

#19 May 10, 2007
Sweet Cheeks wrote:
Well there you are, good to see you, hope you are well and enjoying the weather, ready to sit on the beach yet????/ LOL......

Welcome back SC
franko

Maple Ridge, Canada

#20 May 10, 2007
La Sunshine wrote:
This is a new begining to a bad ending. Its time to start anew for those who are willing. Can we ALL put the past in the past and put our best foot forward? I can!!
welcome back Sunnyshine!!!

I think it is possible ....

Let's have fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 225
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min Judy 123 55,046
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 6 min ThisAbled 5,070
Bill Cosby 8 min TALLYHO 8541 163
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min TurkanaBoy 126,945
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 13 min Jolly 6,588
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 18 min 5th Row Centre 6,699
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 26 min Yupp111 667
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Analog man 150,976
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Independent1 8,019
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Spirit67_ 23,950