Vermont prisoners Sue Over Food They Claim is "Cruel and Unusual"

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Mary Morin WPTZ/NBC News Channel SOUTH ROYALTON, VT -- Is prison food cruel and unusual punishment? Vermont's Supreme Court will soon decide. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TAX PAYING CITIZEN

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Mar 26, 2008
anonymous wrote:
OMG.......what happened to the bible where it says..when i was hungry you fed me, when i was naked you clothed me...etc....is one mistake in someone's life enough to curse them to hell for life? have any of you ever made mistakes, how do you know if they may be in there for something as simple as a speeding ticket,or forgetting to renew their tag....stop judging others, and start helping...IT YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION...THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
THE BIBLE ALSO SAY AN EYE FOR AN EYE, IF YOUR KIDS WERE RAPED OR MOLESTED OR MURDERD BY ONE OF THEASE THUGS WOULD YOU STILL BE SAYING THE SAME THING. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ANYBODY IS OK WITH PAYING 48,000 DOLLARS A YEAR TO HOUSE AND FEED SOMBODY WHO IS NOT A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCITY AND THEN THEY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY WERE ONE WHO ARE NOT FOLOWING THE RULES IN PRISON. I AGREE WITH THE OTHER PERSON IN THE FORUM WHEN THEY STATED LETS MAKE PRISON SO HORRIBLE THAT THEY WOULD NEVER THINK OF COMMITTING A CRIME AGAIN.
tina

Fernandina Beach, FL

#22 Mar 27, 2008
IF THE INMATES CAN NOT ACT RIGHT IN JAIL THEN THEY GET WHAT FOOD IS PUT IN FRONT OF THEM. IF THEY FOLLOW THE RULES OUTSIDE THE JAIL THEN THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT WOULD THEY!?
tina

Fernandina Beach, FL

#23 Mar 27, 2008
TAX PAYING CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE ALSO SAY AN EYE FOR AN EYE, IF YOUR KIDS WERE RAPED OR MOLESTED OR MURDERD BY ONE OF THEASE THUGS WOULD YOU STILL BE SAYING THE SAME THING. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ANYBODY IS OK WITH PAYING 48,000 DOLLARS A YEAR TO HOUSE AND FEED SOMBODY WHO IS NOT A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCITY AND THEN THEY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY WERE ONE WHO ARE NOT FOLOWING THE RULES IN PRISON. I AGREE WITH THE OTHER PERSON IN THE FORUM WHEN THEY STATED LETS MAKE PRISON SO HORRIBLE THAT THEY WOULD NEVER THINK OF COMMITTING A CRIME AGAIN.
AMEN!!

“The Head Ape in Charge”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#24 Mar 27, 2008
anonymous wrote:
OMG.......what happened to the bible where it says..when i was hungry you fed me, when i was naked you clothed me...etc....is one mistake in someone's life enough to curse them to hell for life? have any of you ever made mistakes, how do you know if they may be in there for something as simple as a speeding ticket,or forgetting to renew their tag....stop judging others, and start helping...IT YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION...THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Why don't you take said Bible fold it in half and see just how far up your AZZ you can stick it. And get some hooked on typing Moron. look at your last sentence... Learn to type
James

Rocky Mount, NC

#25 Mar 27, 2008
They should have their rights taken away when in prison, feed them enough to keep them alive, no TV, no freedoms, make them grow their own food and raise cattle for the meat. Put them on chain gangs and make them work, that would save the taxpayers money for the criminals to be cleaning up trash and cutting the grass on state roads and interstates.

“You should c all my piercings”

Since: Aug 07

Lake Butler, FL

#26 Mar 27, 2008
Once they do get out most want to return after seeing the difficulty to making a living. Why is that? It might be becuase they are coddled while in there.
Grrrr

Houston, TX

#27 Mar 27, 2008
And this made it all the way to the supreme court? Wow...slow judgement day in Vermont?

How about a s*it sandwich with your choice of piss and/or vinegar? What's next...you want a sleep number bed?

Being that our tax dollars are paying for your comfortable stay, I say I get to pick what you eat on what you sleep on...keep bit*hing about that and I'll pick who gets to sleep with you, too. COME HERE BUBBA!
ROTFLMAO

Long Beach, CA

#28 Mar 27, 2008
Dman10 wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you take said Bible fold it in half and see just how far up your AZZ you can stick it. And get some hooked on typing Moron. look at your last sentence... Learn to type
Phread01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it? Am I a "moron" or am I a "high standing intellect"? I vote for me being an "intellect" and you being retarded. Or is it just that you're actually as stupid as your posts make you seem so that you can't even discern when you've yet again directly contradicted yourself.
Do you know how hard it would be for any person with even the slightest bit of education (or self respect) to manufacture as many self-immolating posts with such a limited vocabulary in such short and yet meandering posts? What you do isn't easy. You have a gift for unconscious self-depreciation and your complete disregard for the application of logic to a single thought is admirable in it's unwavering consistency.
I'll give you a break when you stop being a complete idiot. You go first.

THIS IS SOO HALLARIOUS!
Agree

Orlando, FL

#29 Mar 27, 2008
I used to work for a contractor in the food service business inside Polk Correctional, here in FL, and I watched over the inmates that made all the food for 3 meals a day for 1200 inmates, and the loafs and the bag lunches. They were feed better than 50% of people on the outside of the gates, and all I have to say is they choose to commit some kind of crime. Menus are posted weekly and there are alternative meals. Talk to any inmate they will tell you about the "loaf" regardless if they have had it, they all know what it is and why they would get one!
VtNative

Springfield, VT

#30 Jun 30, 2008
And to them I say"let them eat cake"
usmc

Westport, CT

#31 Jun 30, 2008
Bread and water is all they should be fed. Why would someone feel bad for them they are criminals

“You should c all my piercings”

Since: Aug 07

Lake Butler, FL

#32 Jul 1, 2008
I thought they had "Fudgecicles."
sally

Jacksonville, FL

#33 Jul 1, 2008
Well my goodness how stupid are we???

I can't really afford groceries right now (rent is due) and I had one meal yesterday...maybe I should become a criminal so that I can live well...

“KONA, baby!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#34 Jul 1, 2008
It's prison, not summer camp. Don't like the food? Good, maybe you won't come back.
jerry

New York, NY

#35 Jan 26, 2013
ok to clear things up....whoever posted this was in seg.... the food in vermont jails are the best in the country. i know ive been there and also im a cook....what they dont like is nutraloaf if you abuse your food of do anything off the wall and your put into seg.....then yes untill your behavor gets better you will get served nutraloaf....but also ive seen some people post suck it up your in jail.....i understand its not you brother your wife your husband your mom , dad, sister...but common its someones. so yes we all should really care what they serve us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 min mr goodwrench 137,720
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min Spirit67_ 28,590
30,000 post wins (May '13) 8 min 75 Scorpio 1,801
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 9 min Fred Bear 5,604
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Chilli J 20,189
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 14 min Kid_Tomorrow 29,386
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 15 min Doug77 2,395
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min Tom2Tone 147,093
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 306
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 5 hr MAYOR DYSASTER 8