Vermont prisoners Sue Over Food They Claim is "Cruel and Unusual"

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Mary Morin WPTZ/NBC News Channel SOUTH ROYALTON, VT -- Is prison food cruel and unusual punishment? Vermont's Supreme Court will soon decide. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Banker

Little Rock, AR

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Did anyone stop to think that their crimes might have been cruel and unusual also? I say feed them bread and water--that's what they deserve in prison.
shell

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
THEY SHOULDN'T TALK ABOUT THE FOOD AT ALL! THEY ARE LUCKY TO BE EATING ANYTHING AS IT IS! IF IT WAS LEFT UP TO ME THEY WOULD ALL STARVE! SAVE OUR TAX PAYERS MONEY FOR SOMETHING USEFUL LIKE EDCUCATION!!!! NOT FOOD FOR OUR PRISONERS! DONT LOOK AT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR OUR REPEAT OFFENDERS! DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME!!!!!!
yeahhhhhhh

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 26, 2008
im sorry; but youre in jail. you fcked up- deal with it.

“one foot over the line”

Since: Jul 07

cans a sh!tty m!ssery

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Do the crime, eat the slime.....

“The Head Ape in Charge”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#5 Mar 26, 2008
S#!T sandwiches for all of them... Nothing to drink...
DWRGAO

AOL

#6 Mar 26, 2008
I agree feed them bread and water, no tv, no books,no aircon, little or no heat maybe to 60 degrees, if jails and prisons were so miserable maybe these jerks would find a jop and leave the rest of us alone. What they did to innocent citizens was cruel and unusual.
Pollmaker

Orange Park, FL

#7 Mar 26, 2008
put them in coma's and store their bodies until sentence is over

Since: Aug 07

United States

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Get over it !!! You prisoners have it better than we do here on the outside do. You get 3 meals a day. You dont have to pay bills. I think we should go back to long ago when prisoners were on chain gangs. They could save us taxpayers a whole lot of money, put them to work picking up trash on the roadways. Give them a pushmower to mow the medians and such. Just deal with the food issue. Be glad that you have something to even eat.
nitro

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Mar 26, 2008
how do they even have the right to have an atty. to represent them on something so stupid i think if you are in prison for a violent offense then it should be done to you what you did to your victim and then be executed there should be NO second chance for a violent criminal especially if its on a child or elderly!!!!!!!!!!
Duke

United States

#10 Mar 26, 2008
it keeps you alive, that is all you need. some folks out here who would and do stand in lines to get half of that. oh yeah they are not convicted of any crimes. stfu and have another bite.
pixie

Live Oak, FL

#11 Mar 26, 2008
This is just wrong, we have people living on the streets starving and their whining about the meals they get. I agree stfu and deal with it, you were the one that put yourself in that place by your own stupidity.
wow

La Crosse, WI

#12 Mar 26, 2008
sue who, these pos gave up their rights when they went to jail.. let em starve then,,

“WHAT HUMP? ”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Could be worse guys....my ex could be cookin fer ya!
anonymous

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Mar 26, 2008
OMG.......what happened to the bible where it says..when i was hungry you fed me, when i was naked you clothed me...etc....is one mistake in someone's life enough to curse them to hell for life? have any of you ever made mistakes, how do you know if they may be in there for something as simple as a speeding ticket,or forgetting to renew their tag....stop judging others, and start helping...IT YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION...THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Church Slave

Tacoma, WA

#15 Mar 26, 2008
Let them eat roaches and rats. And that would still not be cruel and unusual for a criminal.

“CAN U SAY 6”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#16 Mar 26, 2008
anonymous wrote:
OMG.......what happened to the bible where it says..when i was hungry you fed me, when i was naked you clothed me...etc....is one mistake in someone's life enough to curse them to hell for life? have any of you ever made mistakes, how do you know if they may be in there for something as simple as a speeding ticket,or forgetting to renew their tag....stop judging others, and start helping...IT YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION...THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Did you even read the article before you post.......read it see what its all about...i dont think theese idiots are just in there for speeding tickets or renewing their tags...with the behavior they are showing the should feel lucky they even get a meal...oh and yes some "mistakes" thugs make are enough to damn them to hell and yes ive made mistakes but not of the criminal type and before you start bitching at me to volunteer...i do
mike

Live Oak, FL

#17 Mar 26, 2008
anonymous wrote:
I have worked at a prison for the last 10 years. This loaf is served to inmates for throwing their food at you when you attempt to feed them a regular meal. This loaf is designed to stay together when thrown at you. This works very well. I have never seen an inmate throw food at an inmate more than once, unless the inmate is just stupid. To reply to your comment, when he was hungry he did get fed. You do not go to prison for some small crime that you are talking about. It takes a lot to go to prison. They had their chance when they were in the real world. They couldn't abide by the law, and they reaped what they sowed. Do the crime and you do the time. This inmate was already in trouble inside the prison system, before he was fed the loaf. They need to not feed him anything if he throws his food again.
pixie

Live Oak, FL

#18 Mar 26, 2008
anonymous wrote:
Have you ever wondered why there are so many repeat offenders in the prisons system? The get free room and board, free meals, free library, free continueing education, free lawyer service, free cable tv, free work out equipment. These people choose this life, so they should not have any rights what so ever. Maybe if we quit turning the other cheek we wouldn't have so many thugs in the prison system.

“one foot over the line”

Since: Jul 07

cans a sh!tty m!ssery

#19 Mar 26, 2008
anonymous wrote:
You really are a Dumb@$$... You do not go to prison for a speeding ticket or for not renewing you tag.... Chances are they are multiple felons. I have an idea... You go to to the Florida State Prison System and do your Godly duty (hahaha I said doodie) and feed all the prisoners steak and cloth them in Prada... If not.... STFU
DWRGAO

AOL

#20 Mar 26, 2008
These relious fanatics their in prison they committed the crime now pay the price, maybe they will think twice when they get out and go the straight line. Then they would not be in this mess. Maybe we need to put you in their with them. The bible also says follow the commandments. These idiots did not follow the bible who know how many of the 10 commandments they broke. You dont go to prison for lying, swearing, etc you go because of murder and similar horror crimes/.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min CJ Rocker 148,930
What's your tip for the day? 19 min wichita-rick 1,215
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 45 min wichita-rick 1,869
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 47 min wichita-rick 15,446
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 52 min DanFromSmithville 120,720
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 54 min Captn Morgan 6,829
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 343
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr David0407 6,824
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 4 hr Christsharian Law 6
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 5 hr a_visitor 24