Comments
41 - 60 of 60 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 22, 2013
 
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't resist me...cause I'm always right...
Fighting Cancer...the money raised for it...have made a few rich and wealthy...
And have left the rest sick to die...
Cancer cannot be cured...only treated by a case by case bases...
Actually, you're wrong now.

You obviously missed my first post, so I will re-post it so you can finish reading it in its entirety.

There are cures for some types of cancer. Testicular cancer, when caught early is extremely survivable. Similarly, breast cancer is survivable.

Metastatic melanoma, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and esophageal cancer are often death sentences, with the result that cancer will kill 569,490 people in the United States this year, projects the American Cancer Society. But there is a glimmer of hope in this bleak picture.

Some cancers are curable.

I'll repeat that for you - SOME CANCERS ARE CURABLE.

Almost 90 percent of children with the most common form of pediatric leukemia will be cured; women whose estrogen-receptor-positive cancer responds to tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors will often be truly rid of their disease, as will women with HER2-positive breast cancer, which responds to herceptin. Other cancers are treatable, in the sense that although patients have to take drugs for the rest of their lives (as diabetics must take insulin forever), at least they’re alive and healthy. The best example of a treatable cancer is CML (chronic myelogenous leukemia), which can be held in check by Gleevec and related drugs. Indianapolis Colt's Coach Chuck Pagano is recovering from this cancer - he actually returned at the end of the season to coach his team from the sidelines.

Although the search for a cancer cure has long centered on discovering new drugs, astonishing advances in pediatric leukemia have come with drugs that were developed from the 1950s to the 1970s. In the 1960s, the cure rate for ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common childhood form) was 5 percent, says oncologist Ching-Hon Pui of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis. The reason it is now 90 percent lies in how those drugs are given and how patients are cared for.

90% survivability is hardly what I'd call "fraudulent."

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

PFfff do you believe there have been engine designs for cars that get 60 MPG yet none are in todays vehicles?
Do you believe we go to war for no good reason?
DO you believe we are the worlds' worst terrorists?Do doctors prescribe certain drugs because they get a kick-back?
All the world is not evil but it gains momentum everyday to SOON BE!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
PFfff do you believe there have been engine designs for cars that get 60 MPG yet none are in todays vehicles?
Do you believe we go to war for no good reason?
DO you believe we are the worlds' worst terrorists?Do doctors prescribe certain drugs because they get a kick-back?
All the world is not evil but it gains momentum everyday to SOON BE!
No...but I do believe you're a fruitcake.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
May 22, 2013
 
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
PFfff do you believe there have been engine designs for cars that get 60 MPG yet none are in todays vehicles?
Do you believe we go to war for no good reason?
DO you believe we are the worlds' worst terrorists?Do doctors prescribe certain drugs because they get a kick-back?
All the world is not evil but it gains momentum everyday to SOON BE!
ok.. I understand ur point.

but when it comes to cancer. im all for being a realist. I think u need that Just to survive all of the little set backs that u face when dealing with it. but at the same time, being a pessimist can seriously set u back too.

so..

trust me,
there truly are caring, wonderful people out there who are just there to help save ur life.

and I say God Bless All of them!

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
May 22, 2013
 
PFfff gets my point, M69 calls me a fruitcake...'i';'m coming up in the world of Topix!
PF 'i' understand where your coming from also.
It's just that there's so much that's not so!
U'know?

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cancer is a DNA or RNA cell dividing mutation type of 'flaw'.

It's basically an accident that's not suppose to occur when cells replicate.

You don't have it till you have it, so there's no way to prevent it from occurring, since it's not suppose to occur to begin with.

As such, it can only be treated after you get it...

But can't be 'cured' from ever occurring....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
May 23, 2013
 
Time and Space wrote:
But can't be 'cured' from ever occurring....
You mean like airbags?

If you don't have it, you can't be cured of it.

What your talking about is prevention - not a cure.

"According to Dr. George C Pack, MD, a cancer specialist at Cornell medical School, almost everyone has cancer cells present at times in our bodies. If our immune system is working properly, these cells are killed or reabsorbed by our defense system before they begin to grow and threaten our health. The only real defense against cancer is the immune system."

http://www.globalsuccess4life.com/cancer/inde...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
May 23, 2013
 
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're wrong now.
You obviously missed my first post, so I will re-post it so you can finish reading it in its entirety.
There are cures for some types of cancer. Testicular cancer, when caught early is extremely survivable. Similarly, breast cancer is survivable.
Metastatic melanoma, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and esophageal cancer are often death sentences, with the result that cancer will kill 569,490 people in the United States this year, projects the American Cancer Society. But there is a glimmer of hope in this bleak picture.
Some cancers are curable.
I'll repeat that for you - SOME CANCERS ARE CURABLE.
Almost 90 percent of children with the most common form of pediatric leukemia will be cured; women whose estrogen-receptor-positive cancer responds to tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors will often be truly rid of their disease, as will women with HER2-positive breast cancer, which responds to herceptin. Other cancers are treatable, in the sense that although patients have to take drugs for the rest of their lives (as diabetics must take insulin forever), at least they’re alive and healthy. The best example of a treatable cancer is CML (chronic myelogenous leukemia), which can be held in check by Gleevec and related drugs. Indianapolis Colt's Coach Chuck Pagano is recovering from this cancer - he actually returned at the end of the season to coach his team from the sidelines.
Although the search for a cancer cure has long centered on discovering new drugs, astonishing advances in pediatric leukemia have come with drugs that were developed from the 1950s to the 1970s. In the 1960s, the cure rate for ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common childhood form) was 5 percent, says oncologist Ching-Hon Pui of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis. The reason it is now 90 percent lies in how those drugs are given and how patients are cared for.
90% survivability is hardly what I'd call "fraudulent."
You're correct in that I did miss this post...when u sign onto Topix it takes you to the last post posted, and so unless you scroll backwards, you miss previous posts...

I will read over your posts and respond soon...

“Gone in 16 seconds”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jun 1, 2013
 
Apparently there has/is a cure for all cancers that has been around since the early 1900's.
The problem here is BIG PHARMA can't patent Medication derived from nature in which the cure lies. It all comes down to money. For each cancer patient, up to 50,000 dollars is spent on his or her treatment which generates to around 500 billion dollars a year for every cancer treated.

“Gone in 16 seconds”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jun 1, 2013
 
Regarding the subject of A cure, My dog HAD stage III cancer in her neck. The vet could not remove the mass, however, he did prescribe a medication named PALLADIA which shrunk the tumor by cutting of the supply of blood to it. Sounds simple doesn't it? She has been free of cancer for 14 months, continuously taking 1 palladia pill every second day.
There is, without a doubt a cure for cancer.
Brenda

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jun 2, 2013
 
get herbal cure for cancer now within 3 days contact Dr Sango via email: sangospiritualhome@gmail.com

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jun 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brenda wrote:
get herbal cure for cancer now within 3 days contact Dr Sango via email: sangospiritualhome@gmail.com
bullsh*t!!
wayouthere

Mexico, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jun 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the whole medical field is a scam. This is what we were attempting to fix. It's not the only scam out there. The whole world has gone to hades in a handbasket. My granny was right.
I was "treated" for a broken arm - Did I say a broken arm?- for 7 months while my doctor scraped my insurance dry. Including an $18,000 helicopter ride to the hospital - for a BROKEN ARM. Did I mention it was a Broken arm. A $10,000 "EBI" system to "stimiluate bone growth. Weekly visits to the doctor while he kept up on my "progress. 40 (not just the 20 "normal" visits because thats how the dates worked out) physical therapy visits - with an uncast, broken arm. That Doctor didn't care about my pain. He just kept me on pain pills.(Oxycodone for 7 months, now that was fun to get off of...) and then finally I had to DEKMAND for the doctor to just "Fix" the dang thing. Turns out, when all was said and done, the CHEAPEST thing to do was to put a pin it in. Also the last thing they did. And it was healed in hours, Not days or weeks or months. HOURS. I could easily use my arm as soon as I woke up. I don't need any more proof. You better off if you just say the heck with all the doctors for ANY reason. Treat yourself the best you can and keep up on your prayers. It'll be a long time before they sort out the mess that used to be the medical system. Good luck, but dont wast your money trying a doctor. They are finely refined scam artists.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jun 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

wayouthere wrote:
the whole medical field is a scam. This is what we were attempting to fix. It's not the only scam out there. The whole world has gone to hades in a handbasket. My granny was right.
I was "treated" for a broken arm - Did I say a broken arm?- for 7 months while my doctor scraped my insurance dry. Including an $18,000 helicopter ride to the hospital - for a BROKEN ARM. Did I mention it was a Broken arm. A $10,000 "EBI" system to "stimiluate bone growth. Weekly visits to the doctor while he kept up on my "progress. 40 (not just the 20 "normal" visits because thats how the dates worked out) physical therapy visits - with an uncast, broken arm. That Doctor didn't care about my pain. He just kept me on pain pills.(Oxycodone for 7 months, now that was fun to get off of...) and then finally I had to DEKMAND for the doctor to just "Fix" the dang thing. Turns out, when all was said and done, the CHEAPEST thing to do was to put a pin it in. Also the last thing they did. And it was healed in hours, Not days or weeks or months. HOURS. I could easily use my arm as soon as I woke up. I don't need any more proof. You better off if you just say the heck with all the doctors for ANY reason. Treat yourself the best you can and keep up on your prayers. It'll be a long time before they sort out the mess that used to be the medical system. Good luck, but dont wast your money trying a doctor. They are finely refined scam artists.
well well, You're a scam too.
the Biggest - and the biggest Azzhole too...

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jun 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I tend to agreed that there is something wrong with all the research. I've thought for a long time that they would have found a cure by now - - BUT if they find one - the government money will stop. People have made careers out of this.

“Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I wouldn't say fraudulent, as such,
altho' there are shysters attached to
everything where they see a buck to be made;

there is very good research going on all the time,
and great strides forward have been made in the field,
to date ..
remember two, folks are so very different in make up,
treatments that may not work for one,
will work for the other and vice-versa,
there is no 'one size fits all'

To keep plowing ahead and keep up
the research, is the thing.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The only thing out there that can be cured is a HAM. Diseases come and go and everyone ages differently. As we age, cells divide, and the likelihood of people getting cancer is about one in every two people. Such is life, is it what it is.A million diseases out there, it is like trying to walk through a mine field. Everyone HAS something and everyone will GET something. It is genetics.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Vee wrote:
The only thing out there that can be cured is a HAM. Diseases come and go and everyone ages differently. As we age, cells divide, and the likelihood of people getting cancer is about one in every two people. Such is life, is it what it is.A million diseases out there, it is like trying to walk through a mine field. Everyone HAS something and everyone will GET something. It is genetics.
Red carpet...

All Vee gets from me is red carpet treatment...

A legend has spoke...

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

We are born naked, cold, and hungry.


Then things get worse.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jun 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I believe that there is a natural cure for EVERYTHING but the AMA wants pills. They make money from pills. If someone found a natural cure - the AMA would hush it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••