~My Guardian Angel~

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#44 Jan 18, 2014
Spirituality is everything that helps us become better people. It is being mindful and present and listening deeply to others in order to foster connection and collaboration. It is being capable of vulnerability instead of winning or losing. It is integrity that anchors us in our deepest values no matter the circumstances or consequences to us. It is the discipline to maintain basic fitness and the responsibility to choose a nutritional lifestyle that optimizes our health and minimizes our environmental impact. Spiritual life is not about what "I" like, or "I" want, or "I" need. It is living every choice, all day long, to the best of our ability for the good of all. It is a continuous decision to invent ourselves as the best possible human beings we can imagine ourselves becoming. We can each in our own way do great things, but we cannot afford to day dream... WE NEED our Guardian Angels... and HE needs Me..

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#45 Jan 18, 2014
"Honesty with myself,has helped me maintain my Integrity" R.C.

The most valuable resource when searching for sense of self or in finding Integrity, is a cheap plastic mirror you carry in your pocket & refer to often. Rick

"Spiritual life is not about what "I" like, or "I" want, or "I" need. It is living every choice, all day long, to the best of our ability for the good of all. "

I see things in the same manner,although I see this as A PERSONAL CHOICE,for the community,it is rare to have truly selfless acts BUT with practice it does become a way of life that does end up being for the good of all or community,is that also the Karma? I don't dispute the true need for spirituality ,but I DON'T see it as a necessary thing to survive & prosper.
I differ in that it IS about what you want or need FIRST your own soul is how YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF! You can not be a total human ,loving giving without placing yourself on top also.
It does not have to be in a bold narcissistic manner ,BUT I have found forgetting to worry about yourself can literally kill you. Rick

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#46 Jan 19, 2014
RICK! Hi How are you??? I do know ITS a choice.. As with anything in this Life.. We learn and Prosper.. Its nice to set Goals for ourselves.. But anyways,, If we dont Take care of ourselves,,WE are No Good to anyone else.. Dont forget Number "UNO"... I do think its Important to Have Good Hygiene..and Eat 3 meals a day,, Take daily vitamins.. Get sleep.. I am one that runs on about 4 hours.. Excercise-->Body and Mind.... Nice to meet you.. I am a long lost poster.. Actually needed a Break... Soo here I am,,ready or not.. You make alot of Sense.. Thanks for sharing... OH yeah,, WE do Learn from each other.. and No one is perfect.. We are allowed to be human..

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#48 Jan 22, 2014
"Forever is a very long time. How is it that people can talk so casually about a concept that we cannot even wrap our minds around? Sometimes we have a friend and we sense that our souls are very closely connected. We know that the connection is above time and space. We know that wherever we are in our lives we will always remain friends. Even if we do not see each other,,,,,,"

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#49 Jan 22, 2014
Like the wind whispering through the trees
Your spirit lifts me
Teaching me valuable lessons.
I wait patiently to grow in the light of your eyes
Seeking approval, knowing
There's ..........

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#50 Jan 22, 2014
Sexual Guardians At The Gates Of Lust,...Sin,...Devilish Pleasures,...

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#51 Jan 22, 2014
MY SOULS SANITY‏
My souls sanity stays in balance only because of my understanding of how my past & my present
are in a fine balance together.
Never to let them meet ,they must remain discreet
But not naive to think they both don't play a role
The clearing of our minds is useful but the present is part of the past
Age is the dominant factor but it gains the strength from previous delusions

Many scream WHEN WILL IT END never recalling where it began
If we want to stay, part of the price we must pay
Is to live in harmony with our ourselves,not stuck but knowing we never ran
We will be led astray is a natural fact, it is behind but also part of today. Rick

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#52 Jan 22, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
Like the wind whispering through the trees
Your spirit lifts me
Teaching me valuable lessons.
I wait patiently to grow in the light of your eyes
Seeking approval, knowing
There's ..........
...that's beautiful, please continue...:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#53 Jan 22, 2014
...It may be possible to invite guardian angels into your life through prayer whenever you’re facing a dangerous situation. The Torah and the Bible describe an 'Angel' telling the prophet Daniel that God decided to send him to visit Daniel after hearing and considering Daniel’s prayers.

In Daniel 10:12, the 'Angel' tells Daniel:“Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to HUMBLE yourself before your God, your WORDS were HEARD, and I have come in response to them.”

Very Enlightening and Powerful!

By: Angels & Miracles

Gn all...:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#54 Jan 23, 2014
to me there is nothing spiritual about a guardian angel, they are just every day "humans" who live among us, who lend a helping hand when needed, say a kind word when needed or give a hug..
all the things that we as humans crave in life,
without these "human angels" we would have nothing. so in other words, they are called family and friends...

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#55 Jan 23, 2014
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
...that's beautiful, please continue...:)
Glad a few Good people like to read and keep up.. I am limited here,Because of work,AND Just staying away.. It sometime gets very,very stressful here IF the Wayward wanders show up.. Soo kinda minding my own business.. Just going with the flow.. Maybe Dance in the Moonlight.. My Guardian Angel knows whats Best.. Nice to meet you.. Hang on..

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#56 Jan 23, 2014
"Just ME and My Guardian Angel Dancing in the Moonlight"[YES,, I am ]

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#57 Jan 23, 2014
"Walking On Sunshine with MY Guardian Angel"

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#58 Jan 23, 2014
"It Is Well With MY Soul"

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#59 Jan 23, 2014
PFfff wrote:
to me there is nothing spiritual about a guardian angel, they are just every day "humans" who live among us, who lend a helping hand when needed, say a kind word when needed or give a hug..
all the things that we as humans crave in life,
without these "human angels" we would have nothing. so in other words, they are called family and friends...
This is Beautifully said.. Soo very true,PFfff!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#60 Jan 23, 2014
We all have One, RESPECT.. The One You Have..Could be very well your Pet...Are they NOT loving???

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#61 Jan 23, 2014

“I perceived or thought of the Light of God and in it suspended one small mote (or millions of motes to only one of which was my small mind directed), glittering white because of the individual ray from the Light which both held and lit it...And the ray was the Guardian Angel of the mote: not a thing interposed between God and the creature, but God's very attention itself, personalized...This is a finite parallel to the Infinite. As the love of the Father and Son (who are infinite and equal) is a Person, so the love and attention of the Light to the Mote is a person (that is both with us and in Heaven): finite but divine, i.e. angelic.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#62 Jan 23, 2014
Good Friends are like Angels.... You don't have to see them to know they are there.

~ Unknown

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#63 Jan 24, 2014
Nathaniel believed in Angels, I don't in the conventional sense. As PFfff said, people can be angelic. Small spontanious acts of kindness, humans can be so 'good' and so 'bad'. With relevance to something I want to say, alright going off topic slightly, almost a year ago, next month, I was here posting about Nat's death. I received a PM from someone who I can't find now, she told me the story of her sister's death, which had some similarities. Her compassion and empathy meant a great deal to me at that time, and still does. She didn't know me or Nat from Adam, yet she took the time out to do that. It could well have helped her too to share, still, I think it was altruistic to trust a stranger like that.
I recollect Nathaniel saying how he'd seen Angels, particualarly back when he worked in nursing. Don't think they were guardian angels as such, just Angels. He said they were larger than life, taller, bigger, more beautiful than people and didn't have wings. Would be nice to think so, oh well

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#64 Jan 24, 2014
As for me,
I'd like to believe in the concept of
GUARDIAN, as I keep an
open mind on these unexplained things ..

but ..

what weakens my belief in angels is,
IF everyone has one, why then do we hear of
such tragedies, ie

> an elderly person, or a family
of small children being lost in a fire..

or an innocent walking home, being set upon
and brutally murdered..etc.

| honestly, cannot fathom that.
Why no angels around when MOST needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min xxxooxxx 225,409
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Dogen 223,045
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 29 min Faith 2,007
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 33 min F_R_E_D 31,046
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 45 min Rider on the Storm 4,189
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Faith 38,755
The Star 1 hr Camilla 3
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr -Sprocket- 150,663
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr harrypaul1 6,578
Anonymous - Message to Hillary Clinton 11 hr Sublime1 48