'Creepy' dolls left on doorsteps'Cree...

'Creepy' dolls left on doorsteps'Creepy' dolls left on doorstepsThey...

There are 5 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Jul 26, 2014, titled 'Creepy' dolls left on doorsteps'Creepy' dolls left on doorstepsThey.... In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

They sent a creepy feeling through several Southern California families, but authorities say the person who left porcelain dolls on doorsteps didn't mean any harm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

AmazedHuman

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jul 26, 2014
You know, this is a bitter statement as to how our society has sunk down into a pit of pathetic, isn't it? When a kindly soul can't do something she thought would be a nice thing to do without people declaring it was 'creepy"? Such a shame. It reminds me of the nice old guy or the sweet old lady that so many neighborhoods had who always loved having kids hang around and used to bake cookies for them or teach them to whittle and think....or just sit around on their porches and talk to them. They were wonderful people who now would be looked at as potential murderers and perverts. So sad that our society has become so hard, so jaded, so unfriendly, so sick..
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 26, 2014
AmazedHuman wrote:
You know, this is a bitter statement as to how our society has sunk down into a pit of pathetic, isn't it? When a kindly soul can't do something she thought would be a nice thing to do without people declaring it was 'creepy"? Such a shame. It reminds me of the nice old guy or the sweet old lady that so many neighborhoods had who always loved having kids hang around and used to bake cookies for them or teach them to whittle and think....or just sit around on their porches and talk to them. They were wonderful people who now would be looked at as potential murderers and perverts. So sad that our society has become so hard, so jaded, so unfriendly, so sick..
That is a wildly inappropriate thing to do anonymously. It would still be a weird gesture if the giver of creepy dolls did so in person without having at least some sort of relationship to the recipients.

Notice the giver of creepy dolls didn't give them to some toy drive or other...but to neighbors with kids who looked somewhat like the dolls.

Just because someone attends church and claims no ill intention doesn't mean they weren't doing something really passive aggressive and unbalanced.
American

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jul 28, 2014
AmazedHuman wrote:
Jesus said society would go this route. The hearts of mankind are growing cold and more wicked with each generation.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 28, 2014
Abrahammock Religions wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a wildly inappropriate thing to do anonymously. It would still be a weird gesture if the giver of creepy dolls did so in person without having at least some sort of relationship to the recipients.
Notice the giver of creepy dolls didn't give them to some toy drive or other...but to neighbors with kids who looked somewhat like the dolls.
Just because someone attends church and claims no ill intention doesn't mean they weren't doing something really passive aggressive and unbalanced.
In this day and age, you just never know. I think it displays a certain amount of cluelessness on the part of the giver.

I wonder if she wore a creepy clown costume while delivering them because she thought everyone just loves clowns.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#6 Jul 29, 2014
Nowdays a Yardell can get ya a visit from the NSA..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 3 min Grace Nerissa 703
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min _FLATLINE-------- 8,472
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 12 min Laughing and laug... 108
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 163,234
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min Subduction Zone 164,702
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 33 min Grace Nerissa 2,326
Things that make life eaiser... 47 min wichita-rick 649
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 56 min TALLYHO 8541 40,805
What Could Be Hot? 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 225
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 hr Brandiiiiiiii 4,635
More from around the web