Your husband

Feeling guilty

Other

“UP ON THE ROOFTOP ”

Since: Mar 14

CLICK ! CLICK ! CLICK !

#12097 Apr 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
I'm thinking with no football and no more The Walking Dead until October, the next few months are gonna suck.
Bates Motel is in a new season. that show is pretty good.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12098 Apr 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
awww, that's too bad about the weather.. tell them that they will be a lot more comfortable on a better day.. it sounds like you have a good backup plan there with the lunch and the tackle shopping.
now, I wanna go fishing.:)
They were cold just going to the restaurant. I said, see, I told you so.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#12099 Apr 6, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking you are sooo right. The finale was awesome, I'm glad they are reunited, except a few, but to end up with probably cannibals! I also think Dracula is on the chopping block. The new show, Salem, might be good. What are we going to do Dragoon?
whats that new show Salem about Brandi? Vampires like the Steven king book? I haven't heard of it yet.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#12100 Apr 6, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Bates Motel is in a new season. that show is pretty good.
I really like that show. When I first started watching it I thought I had it all figured out and then realized I had it completely wrong and I've been hooked ever since.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#12101 Apr 6, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Bates Motel is in a new season. that show is pretty good.
The ads I've seen for that look pretty good. I have not had the opportunity to see the show though.

Level 8

Location hidden

#12102 Apr 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. you wonder how some people get promoted. for me it was because of sexual harassment. the laws were a little different back in the day. back in the 80's. I can't believe some of the things that happened to me. there was no one to tell because it was a good old boys network. I do enjoy having a grown up job. Now.
Yes, I imagine things were much different back then. I remember going to my dadís office and him smoking a cigarette.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
your position in life now sounds excellent.! it takes a lot of work to get you where you're going. I've been working since I was 13 too.
I just set my mind on it and did it, one step at a time.
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
my folks also we're not in a position to give me everything I wanted or even some of the basics, most of my friends were given cars. I bought my first car when I was 17, and it was a loan my parents took out for me. its strengthened their credit and taught me something. my job at the time was working at McDonalds, and it was the best training I ever got. because of that I wound up as an assistant manager at 19 in another facility. that was not McDonalds though.
My parents gave us a lot, but my dad made sure I worked, too. My parents didnít want to hand me everything, and I think that is good. I also wanted to work, because I wanted more than my folks would give me.

I wanted a dirt bike when I was 11 or and I saved every penny I got for my birthday for a year in a box. I put a little bit down and the dealer agreed to hold the bike until I came up with the funds. I would also cut my parents grass (we had 5 acres and I had to do all the weed trimming, but I had a riding mower for that) and I cut the grass at a business my father owned, but I had a push mower for that and it wasnít self-propelled and it was probably a good .75 of an acre. I think I made about $40-50 bucks a week doing that.

I worked at the company he worked for in college during the summer and my dad could have paid me anything he wanted, he was very high up in the company, but I think even after working there 3 summers I was making $8.50. After being their 3 years and making 8.50 an hour, he got Bambi a job there for the summer as an assistant to the manufacturing plant manager (who is a friend of mine now and a poker buddy of ours) and he gave her an $11 an hour salary, lol.

Thatís just how he is, a little bit harder on me, but I actually was mature enough to appreciate what he was doing and I didnít complain. I don't think anything good comes from having everything handed to you in life. I was happy to see Bambi making decent money too.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12103 Apr 6, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>whats that new show Salem about Brandi? Vampires like the Steven king book? I haven't heard of it yet.
April 21st- previews look good....
Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts,'Salem' explores what really fueled the town's infamous witch trials and dares to uncover the dark, supernatural truth hiding behind the veil of this infamous period in American history. In Salem, witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem.--

“UP ON THE ROOFTOP ”

CLICK ! CLICK ! CLICK !

#12104 Apr 6, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>I really like that show. When I first started watching it I thought I had it all figured out and then realized I had it completely wrong and I've been hooked ever since.
Same here... It throws you through a loop as the story develops...

“UP ON THE ROOFTOP ”

CLICK ! CLICK ! CLICK !

#12105 Apr 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ads I've seen for that look pretty good. I have not had the opportunity to see the show though.
Have you ever watchede American Horror Story? Thats a great show.

“UP ON THE ROOFTOP ”

CLICK ! CLICK ! CLICK !

#12106 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I imagine things were much different back then. I remember going to my dadís office and him smoking a cigarette.
<quoted text>
I just set my mind on it and did it, one step at a time.
<quoted text>
My parents gave us a lot, but my dad made sure I worked, too. My parents didnít want to hand me everything, and I think that is good. I also wanted to work, because I wanted more than my folks would give me.
I wanted a dirt bike when I was 11 or and I saved every penny I got for my birthday for a year in a box. I put a little bit down and the dealer agreed to hold the bike until I came up with the funds. I would also cut my parents grass (we had 5 acres and I had to do all the weed trimming, but I had a riding mower for that) and I cut the grass at a business my father owned, but I had a push mower for that and it wasnít self-propelled and it was probably a good .75 of an acre. I think I made about $40-50 bucks a week doing that.
I worked at the company he worked for in college during the summer and my dad could have paid me anything he wanted, he was very high up in the company, but I think even after working there 3 summers I was making $8.50. After being their 3 years and making 8.50 an hour, he got Bambi a job there for the summer as an assistant to the manufacturing plant manager (who is a friend of mine now and a poker buddy of ours) and he gave her an $11 an hour salary, lol.
Thatís just how he is, a little bit harder on me, but I actually was mature enough to appreciate what he was doing and I didnít complain. I don't think anything good comes from having everything handed to you in life. I was happy to see Bambi making decent money too.
MAn when i was a kid I wanted this Honda mini bike a cuz was getting rid of. My parents didn't want me to have it and thought by telling me to save up and buy it myself thinking I wouldn't do it and then have only myself to blame. Well I did and when it went into the garage my old-man slipped in and took the needle out of the carb and the float too. Knowing I would not figure out what was wrong with it. About two years later he gave the parts back and said go fix your minibike.

Level 8

Location hidden

#12107 Apr 6, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>MAn when i was a kid I wanted this Honda mini bike a cuz was getting rid of. My parents didn't want me to have it and thought by telling me to save up and buy it myself thinking I wouldn't do it and then have only myself to blame. Well I did and when it went into the garage my old-man slipped in and took the needle out of the carb and the float too. Knowing I would not figure out what was wrong with it. About two years later he gave the parts back and said go fix your minibike.
Wow. I bet he did that just cause he was afraid of your safety.

I was the youngest of 5. My folks got us a honda 50z when I was 6 or 7. So, I've been riding for a long time. I rode dirt bikes, four wheelers, snowmobiles growing up. I'm glad, now that I have my bike, I ride it like I stole it. Most of my buds used to have crotch rockets and I could out ride all of them in the mountains on my cruiser, except for one guy who had a busa. The first time I rode with them, they were like man you can ride. I got my bike in 2010 and hadn't ridden since I was a teen, too. It's like riding a bicycle ... you never forget and when you've been riding since you were a pup, it's just natural.

“UP ON THE ROOFTOP ”

CLICK ! CLICK ! CLICK !

#12108 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I bet he did that just cause he was afraid of your safety.
I was the youngest of 5. My folks got us a honda 50z when I was 6 or 7. So, I've been riding for a long time. I rode dirt bikes, four wheelers, snowmobiles growing up. I'm glad, now that I have my bike, I ride it like I stole it. Most of my buds used to have crotch rockets and I could out ride all of them in the mountains on my cruiser, except for one guy who had a busa. The first time I rode with them, they were like man you can ride. I got my bike in 2010 and hadn't ridden since I was a teen, too. It's like riding a bicycle ... you never forget and when you've been riding since you were a pup, it's just natural.
Yep... Wasn't responsible enough and it is also against the law to ride them on the city streets. It was also one of those hot-roded Honda minis. Not one of the lawn mower engine ones... It also had modifications to the carb and gearbox It wasn't a toy one...

Level 8

Location hidden

#12109 Apr 6, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yep... Wasn't responsible enough and it is also against the law to ride them on the city streets. It was also one of those hot-roded Honda minis. Not one of the lawn mower engine ones... It also had modifications to the carb and gearbox It wasn't a toy one...
We lived in a subdivision and just rode it around our property. When I got older we moved out in the country a little bit, but in the same town and I could ride it down the roads. Cops never came out there. My buddy down the street used to race dirt bikes and had a track in has back yard and there were some other really good places to ride, near by too. When we lived there I had a suzuki Rm 80 2 stroke with the power band (that's the one I saved up to buy). It could do 60 maybe a little more. My buddy down the road had a banshee 4 wheeler. It could do 90 mph. That's what I grew up with ... lots of riding.

I got away from it during high school with sports and partying and girls and then college and graduate school. Then I got married, kids, lost a buddy on a bike (same one I ride now), and thought I'd never ride again just because I had a family and wasn't worried about me so much as I was about the dumb a$ses I have to share the road with, but life's too short and I enjoy it. I've had a few close calls, but I try to anticipate stupidity.

I'm still a country boy at heart and I like to open it up on an open road, tho, and I like hit the curves hard.

I took my buddy's busa up to 170ish on the interstate, ha ha ha. He didn't even have the balls to do that. I had never ridden a sports bike before, either. He's the one who I mentioned earlier that could out ride me on that bike, but I was on a Harley and he was on a busa. I borrowed my buddies Yamaha crotch rocket and I was right on his ass ... we were hitting the curves hard up in the mountains.

He sold his busa and has an ultra classic limited, now. I tease him and say it's an old man's bike. They all keep trying to get me to get a touring. F' that. Maybe when I'm in my 50s (I'm still in my 30s). I like my fat boy lo. It's all blacked out .. I like black better than chrome, personally. I keep looking at bikes and I honestly don't want a different one. I like the 103 engines or maybe a 110 screaming eagle, but besides that I'd get the same bike if I had to do it all over again. Everyone's different, tho.

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#12111 Apr 7, 2014
I am thinking .. pondering .. hoping and wondering how in the heck I am going to shake that man that wants to hurt me some more.

I am thinking he doesn't appear to be reasoned with and I really don't want anyone else hurting me after all I've suffered.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12112 Apr 7, 2014
I am thinking he just won't appreciate my bad day didn't start yesterday, but has been a life long test of endurance. I'm thinking I would make a better man than he ever pretended to be. Dang !!

I'm thinking all I'm able to do is walk away and never look back, even if he does follow my every move when he's not busy taking care of his life and loved ones.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12113 Apr 7, 2014
I'm thinking I wouldn't want a man to do to his daughter what he's done to me. She has suffered too and I hope he would be there for her and not let another hurt her more.

I'm always thinking and then there are days my brain appears paralyzed .. I'm thinking menopause might be the final straw and my undoing. I'm thinking I'm on the edge and ... I don't think I deserve to suffer any further, but I'm thinking I most likely will suffer more before this show (lifetime) is over. Dang!

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12114 Apr 7, 2014
I am thinking I would have been a rich woman today had I only decided to take the abuse from my last fiance`. I'm thinking being rich and miserable would be better than being alone, poor and doing without.

I'm thinking I need a real long break from all the games at Topix. I'm thinking my toughgal act to protect myself did me not one bit of good either.

Dang, I've got to stop over thinking things all the time. I don't think we can think too much, but when it becomes dwelling .. I'm thinking the stress can catch up with us and our minds and bodies will rebel.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12115 Apr 7, 2014
I'm now thinking of this song:

Natures Way Of Telling You .. Something is Wrong

I'm thinking it's time to rest my mind more.

I'm thinking how annoyed some will be about me posting
and for all the cluster posts too.

I'm thinking I need to care less what other's think of me
and most especially nameless, faceless strangers on line.
:-\

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12116 Apr 7, 2014
I'm thinking it really SUCKS to have others follow me around like this.
I'm thinking they are more cowardly than I am terrible for speaking
what's on my mind.

I'm thinking ... WHATEVER and now I'm thinking of a joke cause I'm
thinking it would be better to laugh than have other's think I'm sitting
on a pity pot here. Lol

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

#12117 Apr 7, 2014
I'm thinking MEAN ppl suck and I'm only mean on occasion because
I don't think it's in me to want to hurt others because I know all too
well about being hurt.

I guess what I'm really doing is BRAINSTORMING and I need to get back to finishing the book instead of wasting my time out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 4 min dragoon70056 59
Teacher quits after student pens Jesus, pot story 5 min flbadcatowner 15
True or False Game 5 min -CatCiao- 1,321
NFL Football (Jul '10) 6 min Go Blue Forever 1,858
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min dragoon70056 3,062
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 7 min Dr Wu 77
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 8 min -CatCiao- 882
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min deutscher Nationa... 134,843
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 37,813
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr black shuck 152,935