Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12076 Apr 6, 2014
the weekends are to short
and go by to fast..
wild flowers

Castroville, TX

#12077 Apr 6, 2014
oh i get it... thats cool... well .... hello loneliness... bye everyone.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12078 Apr 6, 2014
wild flowers wrote:
oh i get it... thats cool... well .... hello loneliness... bye everyone.
I think feeling lonely and being lonely are two different things.
for me, its more about being bored, which then translates to "feeling" lonely.
I can be in a room full of people and feel lonely, but I know that's a choice I have made for that particular moment in time. sometimes its only because im feeling shy and other times I just want to listen and not talk.(rare moment according to my husband lol)
but..
its not about saying goodbye to everyone, its about feeling the moment and just accepting it. nothing wrong with being who u are...

have u figured it out for urself yet?

and BTW Hi to u too.
:)

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12079 Apr 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>what can I say? the good stuff is worth waiting for.

lmso! What? Did you take the Three Stooges or were those your friends that did that? Now if it was your boys I could understand that. Because they're kids. lol
Yes, the mini-me three stooges ... my boys when they were little.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#12080 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the mini-me three stooges ... my boys when they were little.
LOL
I hope you know I meant that with love! the irony is as you get to look back and see how you might have been..

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#12081 Apr 6, 2014
looking back I can think about how many jobs I had as a kid and which ones I hated the most. the one I hated the most was waitressing. I hated it. bahaha

Level 8

Location hidden

#12082 Apr 6, 2014
Its only in the 50s today and windy. Neither Bambi or I want to go fishing. I am going to bribe them by taking them out to lunch. They are understandably disappointed, but handling it well.

My one son was such a good helper too, yesterday with the boat (that's one of his qualities ... out of all the boys he's the best helper ... they each have their strengths). I feel bad.

I told them I've been there before and understand, but I don't control the weather. Quite a few times in the past, II've ad the boat all loaded up, ready to go out fishing all night with my buds only to get to the lake and see that it's just too windy with whitecaps on the water. That blows.

Lunch and maybe some shopping for some tackle.

Level 8

Location hidden

#12083 Apr 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
looking back I can think about how many jobs I had as a kid and which ones I hated the most. the one I hated the most was waitressing. I hated it. bahaha
The only jobs I didn't like were not because of the job itself, but my boss. Not everyone is a good boss. I've had jobs since I was 13 or so (I always liked getting paid and my parents didn't give me everything ... I had to work for certain things if I wanted them) and 2 come to mind who were not very good bosses, one in particular was just awful and really abusive. Even co-workers would comment on how effed up he was and would ask me how I could work under those conditions.

He ended up getting fired. He couldn't work with anyone. I would be in meetings with him and other executives who didn't work under him and he would just fly off the handle and be very abrasive and combative. I've honestly never seen someone with such poor business skills.

That was my first job after graduate school. I did learn a lot tho and i got thrown right in the fire, which I liked.

Level 8

Location hidden

#12084 Apr 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
I hope you know I meant that with love! the irony is as you get to look back and see how you might have been..
Yes, it was with love.

I don't remember being like that, but I am sure I was.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#12085 Apr 6, 2014
I'm thinking with no football and no more The Walking Dead until October, the next few months are gonna suck.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#12086 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Its only in the 50s today and windy. Neither Bambi or I want to go fishing. I am going to bribe them by taking them out to lunch. They are understandably disappointed, but handling it well.
My one son was such a good helper too, yesterday with the boat (that's one of his qualities ... out of all the boys he's the best helper ... they each have their strengths). I feel bad.
I told them I've been there before and understand, but I don't control the weather. Quite a few times in the past, II've ad the boat all loaded up, ready to go out fishing all night with my buds only to get to the lake and see that it's just too windy with whitecaps on the water. That blows.
Lunch and maybe some shopping for some tackle.
awww, that's too bad about the weather.. tell them that they will be a lot more comfortable on a better day.. it sounds like you have a good backup plan there with the lunch and the tackle shopping.
now, I wanna go fishing.:)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#12087 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only jobs I didn't like were not because of the job itself, but my boss. Not everyone is a good boss. I've had jobs since I was 13 or so (I always liked getting paid and my parents didn't give me everything ... I had to work for certain things if I wanted them) and 2 come to mind who were not very good bosses, one in particular was just awful and really abusive. Even co-workers would comment on how effed up he was and would ask me how I could work under those conditions.
He ended up getting fired. He couldn't work with anyone. I would be in meetings with him and other executives who didn't work under him and he would just fly off the handle and be very abrasive and combative. I've honestly never seen someone with such poor business skills.
That was my first job after graduate school. I did learn a lot tho and i got thrown right in the fire, which I liked.
I know what you mean. you wonder how some people get promoted. for me it was because of sexual harassment. the laws were a little different back in the day. back in the 80's. I can't believe some of the things that happened to me. there was no one to tell because it was a good old boys network. I do enjoy having a grown up job. Now.

we treat our graduate students very well where I'm at. realizing someday that they could be your boss!

your position in life now sounds excellent.! it takes a lot of work to get you where you're going. I've been working since I was 13 too. my folks also we're not in a position to give me everything I wanted or even some of the basics, most of my friends were given cars. I bought my first car when I was 17, and it was a loan my parents took out for me. its strengthened their credit and taught me something. my job at the time was working at McDonalds, and it was the best training I ever got. because of that I wound up as an assistant manager at 19 in another facility. that was not McDonalds though.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#12088 Apr 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was with love.
I don't remember being like that, but I am sure I was.
you know it's fun! especially when they're acting goofy and cracking each other up.
A noted observer

Jamestown, OH

#12089 Apr 6, 2014
I'm thinking about what I'm ALWAYS thinking about, Kevin, Sublime, Sam, Dragoon, Dave, and of course Billy!!!!!

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#12091 Apr 6, 2014
Who cares what this 'pork chop' is thinking about!
mary

Allentown, PA

#12092 Apr 6, 2014
going for a balloon ride.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#12093 Apr 6, 2014
oh my god. looks like there's a ferret loose in the house over here.
Haha
okay, so here's what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about how heavy the traffic is leaving Tahoe and laughing. because I am going to ward Tahoe.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12094 Apr 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
I'm thinking with no football and no more The Walking Dead until October, the next few months are gonna suck.
I'm thinking you are sooo right. The finale was awesome, I'm glad they are reunited, except a few, but to end up with probably cannibals! I also think Dracula is on the chopping block. The new show, Salem, might be good. What are we going to do Dragoon?
Sam

Jamestown, OH

#12095 Apr 6, 2014
HONEYS!!!!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#12096 Apr 6, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking you are sooo right. The finale was awesome, I'm glad they are reunited, except a few, but to end up with probably cannibals! I also think Dracula is on the chopping block. The new show, Salem, might be good. What are we going to do Dragoon?
NETFLIX and previous seasons' reruns. LoL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 min Life after Love 112
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 7 min Chilli J 4,309
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Dogen 131,777
why is geno stalking 17 min Fashion Consultant 15
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 17 min Shushant 1,043
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Mega Monster 7,476
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 25 min X Crypsis X 4,099
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 25 min _Evil-_-Bill_ 69
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min _hellbilly_ 152,344
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,715