Comments
10,741 - 10,760 of 18,456 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#11424 Feb 14, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>yee haaa! Enjoy Deb!
Im thinking we've got a pretty big weekend planned also, the wife & I have a date night planned for Saturday night, then Sunday we're taking the whole bunch out to dinner, it's our once a year celebration we have after we get our taxes back. This year will be a little more special since our future grandchild will be there, so to speak. Wow, through it all we have a lot to celebrate!
wonderful!!

You really continue to be blessed (and rightfully so)
drive carefully, it looks brutal out there
and have a great weekend with your loved ones!
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#11425 Feb 14, 2014
a black swan
my whiskey glass emptied
into the moon.

~Chenou Liu

in memory of peter seeger..

peace.

~Oz

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11426 Feb 14, 2014
I just wanted to thank everyone for their hugs and love that poured out today for me! I enjoyed receiving my 'recycled' card and I'll never forget it! I also enjoyed my son's master piece too!
Thank you to my Topix family for all the songs of dedication and kind loving words......

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#11427 Feb 14, 2014
Sally Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandchild! Congradulations Liam! When is the baby due? When did you find out? Was it planned? Or was it a surprise? Do you know what it's going to be? My family, my parents just had there first great grandbaby.......the first grandbaby GIRL in my family.
Have a great day everyone!
:)
well it was definitely a surprise! But I believe everything happens for a reason and so far it's all been positive results. My sons girlfriend is 12 weeks along so we don't know yet if the baby is a girl or boy. The wife and I are very excited about becoming grandparents,( now that the initial shock has worn off, lol ) and thank you very much SB!

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#11428 Feb 14, 2014
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
wonderful!!
You really continue to be blessed (and rightfully so)
drive carefully, it looks brutal out there
and have a great weekend with your loved ones!
made it home safe and sound, can't wait for tomorrow!
You have a wonderful weekend as well Deb!

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11429 Feb 15, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>well it was definitely a surprise! But I believe everything happens for a reason and so far it's all been positive results. My sons girlfriend is 12 weeks along so we don't know yet if the baby is a girl or boy. The wife and I are very excited about becoming grandparents,( now that the initial shock has worn off, lol ) and thank you very much SB!
Oh good, you and Laura can live happily ever after!

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#11430 Feb 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, you and Laura can live happily ever after!
what the hell??
Krypteia

Saint Leonards, UK

#11431 Feb 15, 2014
I'm thinking about that new stick deodorant I got,the instructions said remove cap and push up bottom,I can hardly walk but when I fart the room smells lovely..
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#11432 Feb 15, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
I'm thinking about that new stick deodorant I got,the instructions said remove cap and push up bottom,I can hardly walk but when I fart the room smells lovely..
Be more than a fart with all that water around your area wouldn't it ?
Krypteia

Saint Leonards, UK

#11433 Feb 15, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Be more than a fart with all that water around your area wouldn't it ?
yeah think Somerset is going to be the new Atlantis..
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#11434 Feb 15, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>yeah think Somerset is going to be the new Atlantis..
Maybe you could get Donovan in to do a show for ..........never mind. hey,how's the health mate ?
Krypteia

Saint Leonards, UK

#11435 Feb 15, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you could get Donovan in to do a show for ..........never mind. hey,how's the health mate ?
Apart from the arthritis in the knee think I'm ok,lol,how about you ?

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11436 Feb 15, 2014
I'm thinking of dinner tonight and "dessert."

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

CENLA

#11437 Feb 15, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>what the hell??
maybe IT thinks you're Laura Beth's man...who knows...it's best not to question IT...

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11438 Feb 16, 2014
So I have posted here and there about my car and it's issues. It's a good car but old, so it's starting to have little things wrong with it. At one point, I wanted to scrap the darn thing. Anyway, decided to fix it so we put it in the shop. Was going to cost quite a bit, but was still cheaper than getting a new one and the guy was certain that it would be fine with all of the work he was putting into it.

So he has it up on the alignment rack, and a friend of his wants to know if he can use his shop and tools and work on his truck after hours. He allows this, so the guy is working on his truck right behind my car and his foot slips off of the clutch. He crashes into the back of my car, knocking it off of the rack and pushing the front through the wall. The frame and body are all messed up, totaled it beyond repair.

Now we have to wait for the shop owner and the friends insurance to decide who's responsible. It's looking like the friend of the shop owner is the one who's insurance has to pay. Meanwhile, while they think this is all very funny, I want a vehicle. I've been stuck at home due to it's long shop stay and now this! Anyway, sorry for the long boring story....needed to vent and that's what I was thinking about.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood, just can't believe some of the stuff that happens to me sometimes. Thankfully, I have my family, friends, my very loving best friend, my beautiful children, a roof over my head, plenty of good food, and my health.(Didn't want it to just be a negative vent, had to include some positive things too) Oh, and stuffed mushrooms. Don't care how silly that is. I'm making stuffed mushrooms and whoever created that idea is a genius!

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#11439 Feb 16, 2014
Hmmm,... Hot Moms,...

Level 8

Location hidden

#11440 Feb 16, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
So I have posted here and there about my car and it's issues. It's a good car but old, so it's starting to have little things wrong with it. At one point, I wanted to scrap the darn thing. Anyway, decided to fix it so we put it in the shop. Was going to cost quite a bit, but was still cheaper than getting a new one and the guy was certain that it would be fine with all of the work he was putting into it.
So he has it up on the alignment rack, and a friend of his wants to know if he can use his shop and tools and work on his truck after hours. He allows this, so the guy is working on his truck right behind my car and his foot slips off of the clutch. He crashes into the back of my car, knocking it off of the rack and pushing the front through the wall. The frame and body are all messed up, totaled it beyond repair.
Now we have to wait for the shop owner and the friends insurance to decide who's responsible. It's looking like the friend of the shop owner is the one who's insurance has to pay. Meanwhile, while they think this is all very funny, I want a vehicle. I've been stuck at home due to it's long shop stay and now this! Anyway, sorry for the long boring story....needed to vent and that's what I was thinking about.
I'm actually in a pretty good mood, just can't believe some of the stuff that happens to me sometimes. Thankfully, I have my family, friends, my very loving best friend, my beautiful children, a roof over my head, plenty of good food, and my health.(Didn't want it to just be a negative vent, had to include some positive things too) Oh, and stuffed mushrooms. Don't care how silly that is. I'm making stuffed mushrooms and whoever created that idea is a genius!
Sorry to hear that. I'd be so pissed off.

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11441 Feb 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that. I'd be so pissed off.
Thanks. When he first called and told me I started laughing because I thought he was joking. Nope, no joke. I'm irritated because I need a car and they seem to be taking their sweet time. Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out, I just don't like their nonchalant attitude about it all.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

New York, NY

#11442 Feb 16, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. When he first called and told me I started laughing because I thought he was joking. Nope, no joke. I'm irritated because I need a car and they seem to be taking their sweet time. Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out, I just don't like their nonchalant attitude about it all.
...i felt the same way last year when my wife broke me nose...it will never be the same again...

Level 8

Location hidden

#11443 Feb 16, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully now that they've decided who is responsible, they can cut you a check soon.

My buddy's dad in high school owned a jiffy lube or some place like that. A few of my other friends worked there after school too. I was there with another friend of mine who had a truck. The truck was parked right in front of the lift that was elevated. Same thing happened. The car on the lift was totally "jacked" (pun intended). Didn't do much of anything to the truck. Good thing no one was standing in between the two vehicles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min ChristineM 115,123
I read the news today, oh boy (Jun '10) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 848
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 35,957
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr CJ Rocker 6,530
OMG! Just look at this! 1 hr Grace Nerissa 35
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Silly times 77,234
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Silly times 8,952
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 145,087
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr wichita-rick 793
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 4 hr Bill 221