Your husband

Feeling guilty

Other

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11054 Jan 16, 2014
Scarbelly Bob wrote:
I'm thinking of my good friend and former co-worker of 30 years who passed away last night from 'Flu'
RIP Boomer
so sorry to hear that...I cant imagine a world w/o my best friend ...since first grade... and that was quite a few yrs ago...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11055 Jan 16, 2014
Scarbelly Bob wrote:
I'm thinking that normally I could give a flyinfuck about the icons on Topix, but my comments on this thread a few minutes ago about my friend & co-worker dying are neither "Funny or Nuts"
you'll have to excuse them...they've got to do something while on their short bus ride...
Health

Euless, TX

#11056 Jan 16, 2014
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>One of those posters that can not keep an account because of your inability to communicate at a sociable level...I understand ...:) When a poster has to name call and do everything to avoid the topic at hand, it shows their ineffectiveness as a poster to be able to have an intelligent discussion. You gave you self away once again be stating you came over...what forum did you come from to name call and avert a discussion?
Not wasting my valuable time on someone unable to grasp at any form of intelligence. Never have been registered. You are not capable to carry on any scientific conversation because of your lack or knowledge or just stupidity. I don't fault you for that. I fault you for your big mouth with little education. So you know people who did this and that. Where is your cure? When you find one, let the rest of the world know. Obviously you are not educated enough to answer any of my questions to find out your level of knowledge, so I choose not to waste anymore time with you. Try not to be something you are not. Have a good life
Independent

United States

#11057 Jan 16, 2014
Scarbelly Bob wrote:
I'm thinking that normally I could give a flyinfuck about the icons on Topix, but my comments on this thread a few minutes ago about my friend & co-worker dying are neither "Funny or Nuts"
I am with you, Scarbelly Bob. Someone is rude and insensitive, to say the least.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11058 Jan 16, 2014
Jeb Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
dang spirit i hope hes ok.
I'm not sure if it was a he or a she, but it's sad! He/she is in critical condition at the hospital and they are still looking for the person who ran him over!

“Greybox Rambler”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

In the woods...

#11059 Jan 16, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
so sorry to hear that...I cant imagine a world w/o my best friend ...since first grade... and that was quite a few yrs ago...
Ray (Boomer) was the third friend we have lost in the last six months...
Glen died of pancreatic cancer
Alan of lung cancer
and now Ray and yes we all worked in the same chemical plant...

Hell six months ago I thought they would all be coming to my funeral...(as you know Ola ~ lung cancer in remission)
Now if you all will excuse me, I'm gona get off here and get drunk!

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#11060 Jan 16, 2014
Health wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not registered dumbass. Just came over to read your ignorant rants. I can't even get down to your level to explain all levels you are wrong. A little knowledge about Gene therapy makes people like you extremely dangerous. Why not bring up strains of HIV? If you knew anything you would be aware of what I'm talking about. You are not fully aware of anything. Why not talk to your one man for your CA cure? Why not go public to cure the world? Did you isolate a cure for viruses? Just stop talking! Your ignorance is insulting.
Let's skip over your name calling and see what you are willing to discuss. What levels of my comments do you object? After teaching school, being informed is the best policy with all things in my opinion and wanting to have a life without cancer and choosing and having the funds available to utilize gene therapy does not make me dangerous. Also, you discussed why not make this treatment available to everyone... It will be in 3 to 5 years...I just want some time to live without cancer and have also participated in a trial drug now available to everyone. I am no way nor have an ability to do the work to even start to isolate or find a cure for a virus. I do have funding and put together one of the best medical team money would buy because I have had to pay 100% for medical help since my diagnoses. As for HIV or cancer...just add any medical illness those above the neck...such as mental illnesses should be treated just like those illnesses below the neck...
I pray and have hope no one will have to hear those diagnosis in the future. It is amazing at how medical treatments have changed and being informed plus preventative care to me gives hope to all whom have terminal or mental illnesses a ray of hope and a diagnosis is not a death sentence. You have no reason to be so hostile toward me because I will respect your point of view. I learn new things everyday and in the Topix world in my humble opinion the good people out way the ugliness found in some threads. For example, this thread has some great folks. Take care of yourself and I really hope you have a good evening.

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#11061 Jan 16, 2014
I know this isn't "Who", but every time I see a name outside this topic I think about them.

So, for the what, I'm thinking about some of the things Scarbelly has shared with us. I'm also remembering his kindness toward others.

:)

I'm thinking about where I want to go out here in Topix Oz this evening. I can often times be influenced by my surroundings ... overly so at times.

Hmmm, now that made me wonder about ADD. Haha
Easily distracted.

Level 9

Location hidden

#11062 Jan 16, 2014
Health wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wasting my valuable time on someone unable to grasp at any form of intelligence. Never have been registered. You are not capable to carry on any scientific conversation because of your lack or knowledge or just stupidity. I don't fault you for that. I fault you for your big mouth with little education. So you know people who did this and that. Where is your cure? When you find one, let the rest of the world know. Obviously you are not educated enough to answer any of my questions to find out your level of knowledge, so I choose not to waste anymore time with you. Try not to be something you are not. Have a good life
I answered your reply.:) What forum or threads did you come here to see my comments as stated in your previous comments to me? Previewing this episode of comments from you, is you leave or deflect instead of allowing a person to discuss a topic. Very sad train of thought you have ongoing because name calling, deflection, using educational level as excuses only shows you use Topix as way to be a trouble maker. Remember the topic of discussion was flu shots and maybe after you remove the kick me sign off your back someone might just decide to make comments to you.

Level 9

Location hidden

#11063 Jan 16, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
I know this isn't "Who", but every time I see a name outside this topic I think about them.
So, for the what, I'm thinking about some of the things Scarbelly has shared with us. I'm also remembering his kindness toward others.
:)
I'm thinking about where I want to go out here in Topix Oz this evening. I can often times be influenced by my surroundings ... overly so at times.
Hmmm, now that made me wonder about ADD. Haha
Easily distracted.
Good evening AT.:)

Level 9

Location hidden

#11064 Jan 16, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll have to excuse them...they've got to do something while on their short bus ride...
I hope you are enjoying your evening.:)

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11065 Jan 16, 2014
Thinking I shouldn't have gotten the wings with inferno sauce. Baby Jesus please help me! My stomach is already aching.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#11066 Jan 16, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
yesterday I was behind a flat bed and the tractor was painted yellow with school bus lights painted on the back of the sleeper and it said "The Short Bus" on it. Then when I pulled up beside it there was a painting of Cartman on the side of the sleeper mooning everyone! Pretty cool!
Katz

Reading, PA

#11067 Jan 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Thinking I shouldn't have gotten the wings with inferno sauce. Baby Jesus please help me! My stomach is already aching.
Gotta watch out for those hot wings, I'm never that daring to try one. I stick to mild and that's it.
Honey mustard is of too. If you have heartburn, pepto-bismo works, Tums, or 1/4 spoon of baking soda mixed with about 4 oz. of water.
Katz

Reading, PA

#11068 Jan 16, 2014
Thats 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with about 4 ounces of water.
Good for heartburn or upset stomach, a natural solution.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11069 Jan 16, 2014
Katz wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta watch out for those hot wings, I'm never that daring to try one. I stick to mild and that's it.
Honey mustard is of too. If you have heartburn, pepto-bismo works, Tums, or 1/4 spoon of baking soda mixed with about 4 oz. of water.
It's not heartburn it's just from the hot. It makes my stomach just hurt.

I actually asked for the wrong sauce. I normally get the 3rd hottest sauce, but accidentally ordered the second hottest. I can handle the 3rd one, but the 2nd one is habanero, and habanero just kills me. I've done it before and after that I said never again will I eat habanero sauce.

I didn't realize until the end if the meal. I couldn't figure out why I was dying ... I started hiccuping immediately. My friends were laughing at me (none of them will even eat the third hottest and they think I'm crazy for eating that, but I tolerate it fine). I kept saying, I don't understand why this is so hot for me ... I've had this sauce before. Then I figured it out ... I orders wrong damn sauce. D'oh.

I am going to be miserable all night.:(

Level 8

Location hidden

#11070 Jan 16, 2014
I will try your recipe.

Level 8

Location hidden

#11071 Jan 16, 2014
I think that helped a little bit. If that works, I can eat habanero. I can handle the eating it part ... its the digestion part that punishes me. I don't think I'd want to try the hottest sauce, tho. If you eat three wings with it on, they take your picture and put it on the wall. It's over 1,000,000 scoville. No thanks.
Independent

United States

#11072 Jan 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
I think that helped a little bit. If that works, I can eat habanero. I can handle the eating it part ... its the digestion part that punishes me. I don't think I'd want to try the hottest sauce, tho. If you eat three wings with it on, they take your picture and put it on the wall. It's over 1,000,000 scoville. No thanks.
I was not aware that spicy was measured on a scoville scale. Thank you for sharing that info. I always enjoy learning something new. By the number alone, 1,000,000 seems like super hot, but after looking at the scale, not so much.

http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/scoville_...

:^D

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#11073 Jan 16, 2014
just_ola wrote:
wishing Liam & Deb a terrific day...
thanks, it was pretty great...hope yours was the same. got any big plans for the weekend?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 6 min Trouser Cough 18,047
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Trouser Cough 40,760
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Enzo49 152,835
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 12 min Rentboy Robbie 11,689
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 25 min Jennifer Renee 7,797
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 26 min One of my favorites 1,803
AS Executive and Chief 34 min Thats waht Id do 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 44 min karl44 134,257
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 57 min Enzo49 339
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 59 min Enzo49 37,776
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr Spotted Girl 24
More from around the web