Your wife

Your husband

Feeling guilty

Other

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10761 Jan 5, 2014
Thinking about taking my boys to a movie.

Thinking about how it's back to the grind tomorrow. It's been so nice having off.

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#10762 Jan 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
Mama used to make sour dough biscuits ( almaost like a roll!!!) I tried a couple of times ...sjigh...I really ought to try again huh? to keep the tradition going...
Preheat oven to 400
Put about 2-3 tablespoons margarine in the skillet or pie plate. Let it melt in the oven while you mix the dough.

Measure 3/4 cup milk and 1/8 cup white vinegar together.
Set aside
{Here I use self rising flour and help it along with a scant 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and a dash of salt.}
In a small bowl mix 2 cup flour, soda, salt.
Using a fork add about two tablespoons butter or good quality margarine to the flour. Pressing with the fork, cut the butter into the flour. Toss and stir till it looks like cookie crumbs and there are not any chunks of butter left.
Make a well in center of flour and pour in the sour milk.
Stir light till all the moist is absorbed. Add flour by the tablespoon till it parts from the sides of the bowl.

Have your warm pie plate or skillet setting near, the melted butter spread evenly on the bottom.

Dust hands with flour, and working quick scoop up a biscuit sized portion of dough. Mold in your hands to half the size you want finished biscuits to be. Set it into the pan and turn over.(Buttering the top) continue till all the dough is used. Bake @ 400 @ 15 minutes.
:)

Level 8

Location hidden

#10763 Jan 5, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding...lol...KC was so far ahead...I would have never thought the Colts could come back...Luck was on their side...:)
Steve
One of the all time biggest chokes.

I am hoping San Fran beats the Packers. Gonna be cold!

Level 8

Location hidden

#10764 Jan 5, 2014
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Preheat oven to 400
Put about 2-3 tablespoons margarine in the skillet or pie plate. Let it melt in the oven while you mix the dough.
Set aside
{Here I use self rising flour and help it along with a scant 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and a dash of salt.}
Using a fork add about two tablespoons butter or good quality margarine to the flour. Pressing with the fork, cut the butter into the flour. Toss and stir till it looks like cookie crumbs and there are not any chunks of butter left.
Stir light till all the moist is absorbed. Add flour by the tablespoon till it parts from the sides of the bowl.
Have your warm pie plate or skillet setting near, the melted butter spread evenly on the bottom.
Dust hands with flour, and working quick scoop up a biscuit sized portion of dough. Mold in your hands to half the size you want finished biscuits to be. Set it into the pan and turn over.(Buttering the top) continue till all the dough is used. Bake @ 400 @ 15 minutes.
My bro loves biscuits and gravy. I made these from scratch while he was here. I tripled the recipe and I doubled the sausage called for in the gravy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/southern-biscuits-...

Everyone loved it. I make them once or twice a year as it's not very healthy. So good, tho.

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#10765 Jan 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My bro loves biscuits and gravy. I made these from scratch while he was here. I tripled the recipe and I doubled the sausage called for in the gravy.
Everyone loved it. I make them once or twice a year as it's not very healthy. So good, tho.
That is an interesting twist on the biscuits. Never seen putting sugar or vanilla in them. Going to have to try that soon. TY for the link!:)

Level 8

Location hidden

#10766 Jan 5, 2014
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an interesting twist on the biscuits. Never seen putting sugar or vanilla in them. Going to have to try that soon. TY for the link!:)
You're welcome. I used a different recipe before (that I lost), but that one turned out well I thought.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10767 Jan 5, 2014
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Preheat oven to 400
Set aside
thanx...I saved it to my documents...Mama used yeast & covered with cheesecloth...could keep in fridge for days & days & just bake biscuits as you wanted them...=)

Level 8

Location hidden

#10768 Jan 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
sugar, vanilla & buttermilk??? yum...I saved this one too...but I just wing it on the sausage gravy...about fourth cup of oil & flour...brown & add 2 cups milk...simmer couple minutes...throw in 1 lb browned owens (never greasy doesn't even need draining) sausage...

Level 8

Location hidden

#10769 Jan 5, 2014
I am thinking about biscuits & sausage gravy but I don't got any sausage lol....hmmmm maybe trip to store? Drives me nuts to lose a good recipe...I used one awhile back for biscuits that I found on a flour pkg....after mixin just spread out in thick square on greased pan & cut into 4 huge biscuits...didn't even separate them...best biscuits I have ever made but misplaced the dang recipe!!!
beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

#10770 Jan 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
sugar, vanilla & buttermilk??? yum...I saved this one too...but I just wing it on the sausage gravy...about fourth cup of oil & flour...brown & add 2 cups milk...simmer couple minutes...throw in 1 lb browned owens (never greasy doesn't even need draining) sausage...
mmmmmmmm.....and beer ?

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#10771 Jan 5, 2014
Thinking about the temp dropping, 12 degrees so far. School is already cancelled for tomorrow and the chillun have already been home for two weeks for Christmas vacation.
Im also trying to figure out how to send Ola some of this snow... Hmmmm....
;)
beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

#10772 Jan 5, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
Thinking about the temp dropping, 12 degrees so far. School is already cancelled for tomorrow and the chillun have already been home for two weeks for Christmas vacation.
Im also trying to figure out how to send Ola some of this snow... Hmmmm....
;)
She's already got a snuffly nose !

Level 8

Location hidden

#10773 Jan 5, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>mmmmmmmm.....and beer ?
haha he drinks beer every suppah...I on the other hand, have my ever present glass of ice cold coca cola with EVERY meal...=)

Level 8

Location hidden

#10774 Jan 5, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>She's already got a snuffly nose !
I do NOT!!! my bra isn't stuffed either...well it is but not with tissues...=)

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10775 Jan 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
and we won!!! who dat!?!?!? 61 degrees here (8:30 AM) in good ole Louisiana & I'm bout to heat out in me peddle pushers & tee shirt...wee wee wee
Congrats on your team winning...but I am jealous about your Temp....it's going to get so cold here...it's going to be record breaking...flannel is the fabric choice here...Have a good one!!!

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10776 Jan 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
I am thinking about biscuits & sausage gravy but I don't got any sausage lol....hmmmm maybe trip to store? Drives me nuts to lose a good recipe...I used one awhile back for biscuits that I found on a flour pkg....after mixin just spread out in thick square on greased pan & cut into 4 huge biscuits...didn't even separate them...best biscuits I have ever made but misplaced the dang recipe!!!
Breakfast for dinner? I did that last night, waffles and fresh fruit!

Level 8

Location hidden

#10777 Jan 5, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on your team winning...but I am jealous about your Temp....it's going to get so cold here...it's going to be record breaking...flannel is the fabric choice here...Have a good one!!!
thanx marissa but frankly my dear...I am no sports fan in any way shape or fashion...I figure their & LSU's success is good for our economy & makes all my RW friends happy so... 32 here at the moment wind chill 21 & low expected 21...but warm & cozy in silk nighty...shucked my fleece robe as quick as I put it on...

Level 8

Location hidden

#10778 Jan 5, 2014
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Breakfast for dinner? I did that last night, waffles and fresh fruit!
nah I didn't have any sausage... ohhhh I love waffles!!! but got rid of waffle maker long time ago...we just go to local diner for breakfast couple times a month...

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#10779 Jan 5, 2014
Soft Warm Breasts,...Hot Firm Buns,...

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10780 Jan 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
nah I didn't have any sausage... ohhhh I love waffles!!! but got rid of waffle maker long time ago...we just go to local diner for breakfast couple times a month...
I just got a new one about two months ago. It flips upside down and cooks the waffles evenly, love it! Every time the grandkids come, that's what they always want for breakfast. Waffles, fresh berries and whipped cream. Sometimes I throw in some chocolate chips for fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 10 min DondoDork 7,404
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min DanFromSmithville 134,433
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 23 min whatimeisit 6,919
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 35 min DondoDork 1,212
Is it possible to....... 36 min CJ Rocker 610
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 152,865
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 39 min DondoDork 34,999
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 54 min DondoDork 3,034
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,786
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 6 hr TALLYHO 8541 28