Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

disneywalt wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of luck to u!!!! I'm assuming u are a foster parent to ?
Something like that. This is my first time and probably the last time I'll ever do something like this again... love the kids, they're like my own, had them for well over a year. But I'm not cut out for all the drama caused by their parents.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

thinking the family court system sucks, and the child is the loser

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

the reward MUST be greater than dealing with a bunch of spoiled, undeserving "parents"???

we adopted from someone we knew... had our share of "drama" through the years... but even with the special needs issues we have to deal with i would never look back on this with any negative thoughts... ever

he is mine... always, forever...

i signed on the dotted line with a sh** eating grin...

give it time. you'll forget all about this. i promise.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

that was meant for the previous poster debra... took me too damn long to type that!! lmao

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Dudedad wrote:
the reward MUST be greater than dealing with a bunch of spoiled, undeserving "parents"???
we adopted from someone we knew... had our share of "drama" through the years... but even with the special needs issues we have to deal with i would never look back on this with any negative thoughts... ever
Our country house was always the "safe" house. Even out in the corn fields there is family trauma and abuse, either real or imagined. We raised three local kids (along with our own two) from abusive situations. Fed 'em, nutured 'em, and they have all become responsible people. Its kinda cool when they occasionally stop by and give the old man a hug.

“My Favorite Aunt”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Thinking my day is going to be crazy busy .

“Summertime ”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

and the livin' is easy...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Dudedad wrote:
<quoted text>
why thanks ola... you are too kind!
just got back from the boys homecoming festivities... ate spaghetti, was entertained, and was warmed up by the bonfire... sure brings back lots of old memories!
hope your evening was good too!
yes I read somewhere your plans for the evening...my son & daughter (9 1/2 yrs apart) attended the homecoming activities with their friends...I dropped them of or they drove...I barely tolerated the occasional football game for them...he was in band-her-pep squad...so YEP, you're pretty awesome!!! Nice relaxing evening-nothing good on TV but I got pogo games installed on my phone (all by myself) so woohoo ...=)))

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Dudedad wrote:
that was meant for the previous poster debra... took me too damn long to type that!! lmao
and my prop was meant for your previous comment t me...I thought oh hell what have I done??? lol ...but this deserves a prop as well...know 2 families that foster parent & on has gone on to adopt...a lot of heartache, headaches, but the rewards balance it all out...takes a special person (couple) to handle it...

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country house was always the "safe" house. Even out in the corn fields there is family trauma and abuse, either real or imagined. We raised three local kids (along with our own two) from abusive situations. Fed 'em, nutured 'em, and they have all become responsible people. Its kinda cool when they occasionally stop by and give the old man a hug.
Have I told you lately that I like you bunches???

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

disneywalt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes u r right !!! The good does out weigh the drama from the family of the child! I will be the one that gets to see her go to prom, graduate, get married, be there when she has her first child. Then Im old & gray I shall be surrounded by love:)
How old is the child now?

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Dudedad wrote:
I have spent the last two years worth of vacation & sick time & more taking days off for court for these kids. Their mother has called CPS on me more times than I care to have them visit. We've been accused of abusing the kids, my 14 year old son has been accused of molesting the kids, I've been accused of dealing drugs and of being mentally unstable, the parents have accused me of stealing "their kids money" from them. They've threatened to kidnap the kids and move out of state. Showed up at my home yelling & making a scene in front of my neighbors when I've denied visitation (times when they've obviously been drugged out). They constantly text that I'm "raping" them of money they should be getting to care for their kids instead of me. They've showed up at the kids school and because there is nothing specific in the custody agreement that denies her rights to their educational info they allow them into the school, where they've shadowed the one from class to class.

When they do get visitation, they poison the kids minds. The kids come home (always dirty & hungry) and tell me how much they and their parents hate me, tell me that I'm keeping them away from their mom and they couldn't go places (like disney world) this summer because I wouldn't let them go. And they aren't supposed to be at our house, it's not their home and it's a mistake they're there. etc etc etc.

And I might add that CPS informed me last year they feel the kids are where they should be and stepped away from the deal so it's just me against these lunatic parents. I've got no back up or support from the system that placed them in my care.

It's a rock & a hard place. I'm still fighting, I'm shooting for supervised visitation and sole custody, I haven't given up but my lawyer (who I'm paying for out of pocket while the parents each have their own free court appointed lawyer) says the dad might have a real shot. If I lose these two I'm done. I've lost faith that the right thing will be done.
Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Monkeys

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Quitting and running far far away!

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Shady Bits...as I began reading your post...even before you mentioned it my thought was...it's ALL about the money for these people (kids parents)

...God bless...

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

just_ola wrote:
Shady Bits...as I began reading your post...even before you mentioned it my thought was...it's ALL about the money for these people (kids parents)
...God bless...
As far as I'm concerned you hit the nail on the head, Ola. These kids are nothing but an excuse to not work for the parents. They are nothing but little paychecks. Before I got the kids, I knew the parents and the mom would always say "if I get a job, they'll cut my check". I would always think you are supposed to support your kids, not the other way around. It's sad.

All I can say is if anything happens & they end up back with their parents, at least they know I fought & tried and I loved them.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
<quoted text>As far as I'm concerned you hit the nail on the head, Ola. These kids are nothing but an excuse to not work for the parents. They are nothing but little paychecks. Before I got the kids, I knew the parents and the mom would always say "if I get a job, they'll cut my check". I would always think you are supposed to support your kids, not the other way around. It's sad.

All I can say is if anything happens & they end up back with their parents, at least they know I fought & tried and I loved them.
Wow! Such a strong person you are and an inspiration to us all. Please stay strong and fight for what you believe. Sending you big hugs, kisses, and a cheering section.

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

thinkin bout darn munchin critters (aka mosquitoes, gnats)...you try to do a lil yard work & itchy owie...

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

also thinking about darn burn ban...I wanna bonfire!!!

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

I was thinking of how we in New England make a "cottage industry" out of Fall Foliage..when thousands of people make a pilgrimage to watch leaves change colors as they die..

Only in America will people celebrate nature's decay and demise...and still find a way to make a small profit...

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

I am starving, I want to eat dinner!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

195 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Subliminal 113,148
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 3 min Flower-Child 23,739
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) 4 min beatlesinthebog 378
Message to Obama 6 min most likely 700
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Mister_ E 141,613
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 9 min beatlesinthebog 23,798
True False Game (Jun '11) 12 min rahx 9,540
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Denny CranesPlace 35,069
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister_ E 28,362