Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
lol NO...tho I did back SUV under carport so it was very short work to unload...I had planned on leaving case of water & nine 2 lt sodas in the car but I EVEN brought them in...as my reward I left every thing on dining table except the cold stuff...I figured it would be easier for the princess to dig thru it when she gets in from college this afternoon ...=)))
as for my ole comfy stuff...the ex never really complained about my heirlooms (chifferobe in living room, hoosier bake center in kitchen, etc) he learned to quit stumping his toes on Mama's 1930's singer sewing machine (also in living room) but I know he didn't care for it...on the other hand my Sugar Bear loves it as much as I do & enjoys poking around treasure hunting for old stuff with me
well, I load my arms up for a one trip to house do it or bust..!!

Your house sounds like a treasure chest of history Ola.. I love old interesting pieces, dont know if they would count as antiques...I had a lot before divorce and downsized..but I saved a few special pieces...among them,
an 18x18 oak table with a tuplip door knob.. its a record holder, has the slots in the bottom....
an old dresser, that has the most interesting carving on the drawers...and a
old looks like mailbox,,, metal,,,thats actually a milk box,,,love that..! a a few other special pieces.. Im kindof eclectic in my taste..

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hi my sweet Sistahs!
Sistah Shady, I'll say a prayer for that sweet little baby!
I've had a busy morning so I'm catching up and taking the afternoon off! Well, from work that is! I still gotta be here, but my work is completed. Tomorrow, however, is another day.
Hope y'all are having a great day!

“Summertime ”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

and the livin' is easy...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
well, I load my arms up for a one trip to house do it or bust..!!
Your house sounds like a treasure chest of history Ola.. I love old interesting pieces, dont know if they would count as antiques...I had a lot before divorce and downsized..but I saved a few special pieces...among them,
an 18x18 oak table with a tuplip door knob.. its a record holder, has the slots in the bottom....
an old dresser, that has the most interesting carving on the drawers...and a
old looks like mailbox,,, metal,,,thats actually a milk box,,,love that..! a a few other special pieces.. Im kindof eclectic in my taste..
we'll have to exchange pix one day...=)

oh lord I got back on clutter cleaning spree...I use to subscribe to many magazines ...now I didn't KEEP all those magazines...I was a clipper...sometimes an entire pg tearer-outter...anyhoo throwing all that out...heck you can find ANY thing you want on the net now...even found some letters my niece got from friends in 1987!!! I told her on Facebook to come get 'em lmao

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
Thinking of a friend whose wife just had a child that almost didn't make it due to a botched delivery. Baby's in NICU and we're all praying that everything is going to be ok.:(
oh my...praying for baby & family...

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hippichick wrote:
Hi my sweet Sistahs!
Sistah Shady, I'll say a prayer for that sweet little baby!
I've had a busy morning so I'm catching up and taking the afternoon off! Well, from work that is! I still gotta be here, but my work is completed. Tomorrow, however, is another day.
Hope y'all are having a great day!
yall need to come on down here some weekend & help me DEclutter...like that's what we'd REALLY do lol...MUAH sistahs!!!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Thanks Chicky! Prayers are appreciated!

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm thinking how we change over the yrs...how some things once were so important to us & now...uh uh...I have been trying to simplify my life for the past 12 yrs & sometimes it seems the process is sliding backwards ...may have something to do with my queen of procrastination crown...

OK now I'm thinkin that Blake Sheltons song is so good til he hollers chew tobacco chew tobacco spit...ewwwww

yeah Im jamming while I'm cleaning...

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll have to exchange pix one day...=)
oh lord I got back on clutter cleaning spree...I use to subscribe to many magazines ...now I didn't KEEP all those magazines...I was a clipper...sometimes an entire pg tearer-outter...anyhoo throwing all that out...heck you can find ANY thing you want on the net now...even found some letters my niece got from friends in 1987!!! I told her on Facebook to come get 'em lmao
I have a box of letters/cards/pictures that I've saved since my 18th birthday! I got rid of some things, but these are so personal to me. I have them stored in my cedar chest that my dad made me when I was 19. I know, right? LOL!

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
yall need to come on down here some weekend & help me DEclutter...like that's what we'd REALLY do lol...MUAH sistahs!!!
I'd probably end up bringing most of it back with me! LOL! Just point it out and put it in the SUV! After the wine, of course!
MUAH back, Sistah!

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I know!! We could have a Sistah swap meet! Meet each other, then swap our clutter! LOL!
DMAN

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

How hilarious topix is.... More laughter here than ever.

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a box of letters/cards/pictures that I've saved since my 18th birthday! I got rid of some things, but these are so personal to me. I have them stored in my cedar chest that my dad made me when I was 19. I know, right? LOL!
honey I have TWO memory boxes...one before I married & then one for after...I would never get rid of MY stuff...the kids can burn it after Im gone...but do need to go thru the "married" box & give to kids or chunk...I have kept every card even Christmas cards lol...my first hubby burned all my teen love letters, diaries, the pix with bf's ...the bastid...my daughter even hates him for that...she would LOVE to have read my diaries from age 12-18...I forgot I also have my Mama's old metal trunk but I don't keep anything in it...just sits at top of stairs (a treasure)

“Summertime ”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm thinking I feel sad for the miserable iconner...nahhhh...I'll take a smile any ole way I can get it... =)))

Level 7

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a rubbermaid tote full of stuff I should go through myself. Stuff ranging from elementary school spelling bee awards to sorority stuff from college to my own childrens report cards, including all their interim reports.... I know I don't need half of it but the thought of throwing it out...gah! I get sentimental... and I have the nerve to call the big guy a packrat!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I thinking of walking on the wild side, and possibly doing some public mastication.....

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

K. Attention all sistahs. Its time for a sistah swap and this has nothing to do with our men!!!!! Get those totes out!!!!

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
I thinking of walking on the wild side, and possibly doing some public mastication.....
I said, "Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side"! You do live on the edge! LOL!

Level 7

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Thinking about all this stuff we all keep. I've got a photo album that my great grandmother gave me and it's full of pictures of people I don't know! Sure, there's a few in there of folks I recognize but thinking why am I saving all these photos of strangers?! I should start a "do you know me?" website and scan all the pics to see if I can get people to identify them and then give them to the people who might actually want them.

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
Thinking about all this stuff we all keep. I've got a photo album that my great grandmother gave me and it's full of pictures of people I don't know! Sure, there's a few in there of folks I recognize but thinking why am I saving all these photos of strangers?! I should start a "do you know me?" website and scan all the pics to see if I can get people to identify them and then give them to the people who might actually want them.
. My family does that on Facebook..they post a lot of old pics some recognisable some not..most always someone can figure out who where and what. And if anyone wants its easy to share...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
I said, "Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side"! You do live on the edge! LOL!
I certainly am....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,821 - 7,840 of14,786
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

119 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
In honor of ms Sweeter 2 min night machine 125
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min wichita-rick 141,194
A~Z of Your THOUGHTS! (May '13) 8 min boring life 337
Todays Task's' 9 min boring life 26
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 17 min wichita-rick 2,374
In honor of Petal Power 19 min night machine 77
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 32 min bargain mom 24
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 1 hr Petal Power 15,578
When I Dream I Dream of _____ 2 hr Petal Power 62