Other

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#5891 Jul 7, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
I hesitated to respond to this, but I'm smiling.
now what made you hesitate, but glad your smiling

“...gotta love that sunshine...”

Since: Jun 08

..but hate the wind....

#5892 Jul 7, 2013
...that i'd rather be here than any jail in Arkansas.......

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#5893 Jul 7, 2013
I am thinking that just one more chunk of the spicy gouda sounds real good right now...
MPk

Los Angeles, CA

#5895 Jul 7, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
I am thinking that just one more chunk of the spicy gouda sounds real good right now...
You got me now thinking about some spicy gouda!
:-D
Miami Nice

Miami, FL

#5896 Jul 7, 2013
The party's over..it's time to call it a day.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5897 Jul 7, 2013
How hot it's going to be in Philly this week...it's not the heat...it's the humidity...terrible.

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#5898 Jul 7, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
How hot it's going to be in Philly this week...it's not the heat...it's the humidity...terrible.
well go south its always hot and humid there you will get use to it and start to enjoy it

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#5899 Jul 7, 2013
Le Beau Mec DeVine wrote:
I read this somewhere and it will haunt me always:“how terrible it is to love something that death can touch.”
The death of poets I love brought me to tears. I think about Szymborska, who died on Soyra’s birthday. He adored her probably more than I did. I thought about her dying in her sleep. Hoped she was warm. Remembered that little smile at the corners of her mouth.
I think about Susan and all the things I owe her. I was on my knees rearranging my bookshelf when a friend told me she passed. I could never forget the floor, how the cold seeped into my bones.
Remembered a class, freshman year, that changed a lot of things for me, because of her poem. Wished someone held her hand in her last few moments.
I think about her grandmother and her dementia, of words failing her, of her losing all the words! Of being at a nursing home.
Of dying alone. Wondered if she asked for someone, remembered someone, in the end. Michiko. Linda. God, Linda. I cried for days. Nights.
The death of Brubeck broke my heart. I played La Paloma Azul over and over. I was alone in the house and I was mourning him, and my hand slipped on the remote and it skipped to Blue Rondo A La Turk and I curled into a ball, on the floor, by the sofa, feeling like the world has taken everything from me at last.
The death of hundreds who were washed out by the flood haunts me every night now. All those people I cannot save.
How does one begin writing about grief?
Every time I do, it always seems an injustice to everything else I have not mourned.
I once wrote to Kate.....and she never had the courtesy to reply: however, everything is fleeting, and nothing ever really lasts. This wounds me deeply—
You arrive at one moment, out of the blue, all of a sudden, like when you are riding a cab, or brushing your teeth, or turning to glance at someone —- and suddenly the pain is there, the emptiness, the bleeding.
And there is only so much you can do, so much you can hold on to.
I replied only once with: And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
Brautigan says, in his book where this poem appears, I mean: Can you forgive yourself—
I think I’m getting there.
Finding is Losing Something Else......yeah,
"Finding is losing something else.
I think about, perhaps even mourn,
what I lost to find this."
—DeVine.
I've been writing most of my life. This seemed a bit off for you, so I had a look see.

Your page?: http://readalittlepoetry.wordpress.com/2012/1...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5900 Jul 7, 2013
axxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well go south its always hot and humid there you will get use to it and start to enjoy it
We also have our fair share of it here...sounds like it's going to be hot and humid all week...but it's summer...at least it isn't snow...LOL

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5902 Jul 7, 2013
What are you thinking about now?

About how adorable Channing Tatum is, and how he can dance...

:)

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#5904 Jul 8, 2013
should I do laundy this morning?

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#5905 Jul 8, 2013
jdmdusa wrote:
should I do laundy this morning?
Yes, my whites need to be done. Please fold them as well.
TYVM.
Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5906 Jul 8, 2013
Thinking, wish I had more time to catch up reading everyone's posts. Thinking, blah! I have work later, should have taken an extra day off...

“Mrs_E”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5907 Jul 8, 2013
Thinking some things hurt my head.. some days I have very little patiences for bullshit and gameplay..
thinking on those days I should cover my head and go back to bed, because the older I get it seems I also become more vocal...
not a good way to win friends and influence people..
such is life...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#5908 Jul 8, 2013
reebie wrote:
Thinking some things hurt my head.. some days I have very little patiences for bullshit and gameplay..
thinking on those days I should cover my head and go back to bed, because the older I get it seems I also become more vocal...
not a good way to win friends and influence people..
such is life...
Oh hell yeah...you are the friend I am searching for. Listen, I got a plan. Let us line them all up, you start at one end, and I the other. Then let's just throttle the piss out of 'em all.

Sound good?

“Mrs_E”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5909 Jul 8, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell yeah...you are the friend I am searching for. Listen, I got a plan. Let us line them all up, you start at one end, and I the other. Then let's just throttle the piss out of 'em all.
Sound good?
LMAO!!! You just made my day...!!
hahahahahahahahaha..
I LOVE YOU...!!! lololololol

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5910 Jul 8, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound good?
Someone woke up grumpy :)

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#5911 Jul 8, 2013
reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! You just made my day...!!
hahahahahahahahaha..
I LOVE YOU...!!! lololololol
~chuckles~ Good show!

Love you too...lady.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#5912 Jul 8, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Someone woke up grumpy :)
Oh..I am much better today..than I was yesterday.

Small improvements as the clouds start to thin out and let a wee bit of light in.

Is no sunshine this way and with that fact ..*is no happy DC either.

*isn't any

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#5913 Jul 8, 2013
I am thinking that my finches will be very happy when I get some more seed for them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 11 min 40ish 25,568
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 12 min CJ Rocker 6,862
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 14 min 40ish 613
Bill Cosby 26 min Bill 248
*POPE, ISRAEL -- 7 Year Agreement (News) 29 min End TimesYTube 1
Things men does that women hate 31 min Enzo49 11
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 31 min Cpl Max Klinger 6,755
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min DustNBones 151,119
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 330
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 452