LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5850 Jul 7, 2013
jobs are worthless if you are taxed to death for road repairs
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5851 Jul 7, 2013
I am thinking I have things to do and I just don't want to leave you guys! This is fun and starting Monday through to Friday it's going to be crazy! Tuesday I will have some time but after that!!!! CRAZY!!! again..........

I will be around though :)

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#5852 Jul 7, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>if you book on amtrak early it can be cheap
in New Orleans the tracks go everywhere from the Huey P Long
My cousin and I were discussing taking a trip by
train. We looked into a local "tour" trip.
Scenic kinda thing.
It costs $1500 each for 4 days, 3 nights.
More than either of us could afford right now. But
it's a lovely dream. lol

Both of us have talked about N.O for yrs. She
wants to go for Marti Gras, I just want to go and
see the Gothic architecture and old cemeteries.

Now, with Villalobos there, I've got another
reason to want to visit.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#5853 Jul 7, 2013
jobs are worthless if you are taxed to death for road repairs
its all part of it my friend, it takes money to make money. County roads suffer the same hazardous road conditions as the major highways but are rarely the fault of semi trucks. Now I'm not saying that trucks aren't at fault, but other things such as weather, hot & cold temps, frosts and just general ware and tare also play a contributing factor on road conditions..
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5854 Jul 7, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>its all part of it my friend, it takes money to make money. County roads suffer the same hazardous road conditions as the major highways but are rarely the fault of semi trucks. Now I'm not saying that trucks aren't at fault, but other things such as weather, hot & cold temps, frosts and just general ware and tare also play a contributing factor on road conditions..
do you see a problem with 164,000 lb rigs?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5855 Jul 7, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin and I were discussing taking a trip by
train. We looked into a local "tour" trip.
Scenic kinda thing.
It costs $1500 each for 4 days, 3 nights.
More than either of us could afford right now. But
it's a lovely dream. lol
Both of us have talked about N.O for yrs. She
wants to go for Marti Gras, I just want to go and
see the Gothic architecture and old cemeteries.
Now, with Villalobos there, I've got another
reason to want to visit.
check out taking The City of New Orleans from Chicago to New Orleans no sleeper, just rough it, you remember how to rough it don't ya?
I just reserved one round trip Chi/NOLA $320

Saturday, April 19, 2014
59 City Of New Orleans (CHI - NOL)

Depart:
8:05 pm, Sat, Apr 19, 2014

Arrive:
3:32 pm, Sun, Apr 20, 2014

Duration:
19 hr, 27 min

Amenities

1 Adult
$160.00

1 Reserved Coach Seat

Subtotal
$160.00

Saturday, May 10, 2014
58 City Of New Orleans (NOL - CHI)

Depart:
1:45 pm, Sat, May 10, 2014

Arrive:
9:00 am, Sun, May 11, 2014

Duration:
19 hr, 15 min

Amenities

1 Adult
$160.00

1 Reserved Coach Seat

Subtotal
$160.00

Terms & Conditions
Total
$320.00

come for Jazz fest

its easy to get to Chicago
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5856 Jul 7, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5857 Jul 7, 2013
thinkin april is a long ways off

Level 9

Powellton WV

#5858 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>check out taking The City of New Orleans from Chicago to New Orleans no sleeper, just rough it, you remember how to rough it don't ya?
I just reserved one round trip Chi/NOLA $320
Saturday, April 19, 2014
59 City Of New Orleans (CHI - NOL)
Depart:
8:05 pm, Sat, Apr 19, 2014
Arrive:
3:32 pm, Sun, Apr 20, 2014
Duration:
19 hr, 27 min
Amenities
1 Adult
$160.00
1 Reserved Coach Seat
Subtotal
$160.00
Saturday, May 10, 2014
58 City Of New Orleans (NOL - CHI)
Depart:
1:45 pm, Sat, May 10, 2014
Arrive:
9:00 am, Sun, May 11, 2014
Duration:
19 hr, 15 min
Amenities
1 Adult
$160.00
1 Reserved Coach Seat
Subtotal
$160.00
Terms & Conditions
Total
$320.00
come for Jazz fest
its easy to get to Chicago
Thanks.
I copied this and sent it to her.
She's more familiar w/Chicago but
I don't think it's a very long drive.

Is Jazz fest as crazy as Marti Grais?
I don't think I could handle all of that. lol

Level 9

Powellton WV

#5859 Jul 7, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>its all part of it my friend, it takes money to make money. County roads suffer the same hazardous road conditions as the major highways but are rarely the fault of semi trucks. Now I'm not saying that trucks aren't at fault, but other things such as weather, hot & cold temps, frosts and just general ware and tare also play a contributing factor on road conditions..
Big trucks, big bucks.
We just had to pay $1800 for another yr
of license. It's insane. But if you
don't pay you don't play.

Our roads are terrible. Of course we're
rural. And the big trucks....mostly the
coal trucks b/c they are hauling trucks w/42
tons of coal on their backs. They Do tear
up the road. And when it gets cold it's worse.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#5860 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>do you see a problem with 164,000 lb rigs?
hauling 82 ton could be a problem in many different factors and I would say that Michigan has made a poor decision in allowing this kind of weight to be hauled On their roads. I don't know of any other state that allows that kind of weight to be transported unless you have special permits and proper guidelines in place. I believe, but not positive, the top speed is 45 mph and when you come to bridge, even the legal weight limit of 40 tons is usually around 15 mph, not all bridges, but some.
There was talk of allowing the legal limit being at 45 ton but that never happened.
I don't think you can let one states decision allow you to feel all trucking is damaging to the roads. The focus has to be Michigan.
You would be surprised at all the rules and regulations that are in place to keep the roads safe for tractor trailers and maybe also how little the drivers really make even though they spend days, even weeks away from their family. We are subject to random inspections at any time by the DOT, and will be shut down if they find any problem they believe is unacceptable.
Again I stress that trucking is only one of the contributing factors when it comes to road damage.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#5861 Jul 7, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5862 Jul 7, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I copied this and sent it to her.
She's more familiar w/Chicago but
I don't think it's a very long drive.
Is Jazz fest as crazy as Marti Grais?
I don't think I could handle all of that. lol
mardi grass is high strung, drunk, craziness in the street, can be fun if you are with a local

I find Bourbon st to be a bore

Jazz Fess is 8 days over 2 long weekends, no need to go every day, laid back, extremely safe covered by a haze of indica

see the groups you want to, wait in the longest food lines for the best food you ever ate, hit the Gospel tent to find some shade and be moved like you never felt before, yes the flagpole in the center for a meeting spot(everyone does)

get out the city and see some up river plantations, cruse the Mississippi on the riverboat that takes you from the foot of Canal st all the way around the crescent to uptown and the zoo in Audubon park, when you are done stroll to the St Charles Streetcar and take it back to where you started. I could go on
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#5863 Jul 7, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>hauling 82 ton could be a problem in many different factors and I would say that Michigan has made a poor decision in allowing this kind of weight to be hauled On their roads. I don't know of any other state that allows that kind of weight to be transported unless you have special permits and proper guidelines in place. I believe, but not positive, the top speed is 45 mph and when you come to bridge, even the legal weight limit of 40 tons is usually around 15 mph, not all bridges, but some.
There was talk of allowing the legal limit being at 45 ton but that never happened.
I don't think you can let one states decision allow you to feel all trucking is damaging to the roads. The focus has to be Michigan.
You would be surprised at all the rules and regulations that are in place to keep the roads safe for tractor trailers and maybe also how little the drivers really make even though they spend days, even weeks away from their family. We are subject to random inspections at any time by the DOT, and will be shut down if they find any problem they believe is unacceptable.
Again I stress that trucking is only one of the contributing factors when it comes to road damage.
Well said sir.
MPk

Los Angeles, CA

#5864 Jul 7, 2013
...not an importatnt thought, not really. just thinking about what to have for lunch.

“Safety First”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5865 Jul 7, 2013
What to do with the remains of the day?
confused

Catasauqua, PA

#5867 Jul 7, 2013
I wish I had a pool, one of these days!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#5868 Jul 7, 2013
confused wrote:
I wish I had a pool, one of these days!
I know a man that dug a pool for himself. A good size one. Check out liners, then measure your property. Get a backhoe and start digging. Will amaze yourself. It can be done. Check for permits and cables/lines/pipes. Laws and regulations.

Dare to dream and then do it!

If is a no can do. Build yourself one hell of an awesome fountain.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#5869 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>mardi grass is high strung, drunk, craziness in the street, can be fun if you are with a local
I find Bourbon st to be a bore
Jazz Fess is 8 days over 2 long weekends, no need to go every day, laid back, extremely safe covered by a haze of indica
see the groups you want to, wait in the longest food lines for the best food you ever ate, hit the Gospel tent to find some shade and be moved like you never felt before, yes the flagpole in the center for a meeting spot(everyone does)
get out the city and see some up river plantations, cruse the Mississippi on the riverboat that takes you from the foot of Canal st all the way around the crescent to uptown and the zoo in Audubon park, when you are done stroll to the St Charles Streetcar and take it back to where you started. I could go on
That sounds so much better.
Also I want to go to the Parishes that are
down in the bayou. Tara thinks I'm crazy
but I want to see the old plantations and
meet the Creole ppl that live down there.

Tara is worried about hoodoo. lol
I think it's fascinating.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#5870 Jul 7, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>hauling 82 ton could be a problem in many different factors and I would say that Michigan has made a poor decision in allowing this kind of weight to be hauled On their roads. I don't know of any other state that allows that kind of weight to be transported unless you have special permits and proper guidelines in place. I believe, but not positive, the top speed is 45 mph and when you come to bridge, even the legal weight limit of 40 tons is usually around 15 mph, not all bridges, but some.
82 tons?
That's insanity. Here you would need permits....
That has to be truck, tailor, and cargo.
42 tons of coal is a typical haul for those kinds
of trucks. Not in a tandem of course. A semi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 3 min 40ish 7,635
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 5 min Crystal_Clear722 4,301
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 11 min 40ish 435
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min TALLYHO 8541 37,788
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 16 min Spirit67_ 7,416
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 19 min Denny CranesPlace 46,371
Is it possible to....... 20 min Laughing Out Loud 615
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 40 min Chimney1 134,517
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Camilla 152,877
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 hr DondoDork 3,034