Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#128240 Feb 15, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
I think I'm winning for now.
Wow! What a Valentine's Day yesterday.
... i was invited to a party in a garage some time back and lost the address ... heard it was a killer party that valentine's day ...

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#128241 Feb 15, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... i was invited to a party in a garage some time back and lost the address ... heard it was a killer party that valentine's day ...
Yes, what a Party. Only drawback was paying my share. Handed the guy a $5 to break for a tip (Yes I not as nice as you with the tipping), and he hung on to it and didn't give anything back, so I thought he was waiting for the payment to open the cash drawer.

We handed him the credit card, he took $5 off the bill, and ran the credit card thru the machine and it went thru no problem. We then tried to explain the $5 was to be turned into five $1 for a tip using some of that.

He cancelled the transaction, asked for the card back, handed me five $1's and ran the card thru the machine again with the normal price. It bounced at the $5 higher number, which should have cleared as well.

Since the earlier $5 lower cleared earlier, I handed him the five $1's back to use against the bill at the $5 lower number. He cancelled out the higher number which had not gone thru, and ran the lower number thru the machine which had cleared earlier, but this time DID NOT CLEAR. I ended up paying with a check (You know, one of those rubber checks I use at GMGMIKE'S).

Talked with a Gas Station employee today about it (happens to her customers alot), she says the first time thru cleared, but later when "cancelled" it was still on the account most likely for minutes and/or hours. So when the next $5 higher bill tried to go thru, the account was much lower and could not take the double hit. She said that's the way credit cards company's work, they take things out quickly, but won't put the money back in except slowly, she said to check my bill in a month to watch for a double billing.

Mike, anyway to make a long story very short, YOU MISSED A REALLY GREAT PARTY.

(CA walks down the path wondering why skipper called him "WORDY" some months ago.)

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#128242 Feb 15, 2013
You should have seen trying to explain things to a Chinese guy that only knows the words "Coffee, Tea, or Me!". lol

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#128243 Feb 15, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what a Party. Only drawback was paying my share. Handed the guy a $5 to break for a tip (Yes I not as nice as you with the tipping), and he hung on to it and didn't give anything back, so I thought he was waiting for the payment to open the cash drawer.
We handed him the credit card, he took $5 off the bill, and ran the credit card thru the machine and it went thru no problem. We then tried to explain the $5 was to be turned into five $1 for a tip using some of that.
He cancelled the transaction, asked for the card back, handed me five $1's and ran the card thru the machine again with the normal price. It bounced at the $5 higher number, which should have cleared as well.
Since the earlier $5 lower cleared earlier, I handed him the five $1's back to use against the bill at the $5 lower number. He cancelled out the higher number which had not gone thru, and ran the lower number thru the machine which had cleared earlier, but this time DID NOT CLEAR. I ended up paying with a check (You know, one of those rubber checks I use at GMGMIKE'S).
Talked with a Gas Station employee today about it (happens to her customers alot), she says the first time thru cleared, but later when "cancelled" it was still on the account most likely for minutes and/or hours. So when the next $5 higher bill tried to go thru, the account was much lower and could not take the double hit. She said that's the way credit cards company's work, they take things out quickly, but won't put the money back in except slowly, she said to check my bill in a month to watch for a double billing.
Mike, anyway to make a long story very short, YOU MISSED A REALLY GREAT PARTY.
(CA walks down the path wondering why skipper called him "WORDY" some months ago.)
... CA ya know me at the very end i would have given him five more singles and walk away and listen for the gunshot and brains lol ... iw ...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#128244 Feb 15, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... the way we were ...
... shut up and kiss me ...
... bite me ...
...@#%^()_
... im going to bed right after ax-men ... swamp people and ice truck drivers ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GNEcQS4tXgQXX
american pickers, you ~@#$%^&*()_+!!!(ya know capslock doesnt work with these symbols, i actually have to hold down the shift key, only for you, big guy)...iw

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#128245 Feb 15, 2013
... hey thar ola i just wuz postin out so hello goodbye ... im late im late ... iw ...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#128246 Feb 15, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
... hey thar ola i just wuz postin out so hello goodbye ... im late im late ... iw ...
and im just poppin in postin...iw
Maria

United States

#128247 Feb 15, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
and im just poppin in postin...iw
You're a real winner, miss piggy. Popping buttons all over.
Cally man

Mayfield, KY

#128248 Feb 15, 2013
Dtw!!

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#128249 Feb 15, 2013
Maria wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real winner, miss piggy. Popping buttons all over.
Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#128250 Feb 16, 2013
I learned something last night .... did you know that the color red makes you thirsty ?
That's why many nightclubs and bars have some red on their walls.
I don't need red to make me thirsty .. just the time of day.
Hey Mike, do you have red on your walls ?

IW
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#128251 Feb 16, 2013
Oh, sorry ... Good Morning .. more snow coming .. Grrr !

IW

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#128252 Feb 16, 2013
Good Morning.Hope you had a nice night...DTW
Cally man

Mayfield, KY

#128253 Feb 16, 2013
Jeffrey wrote:
I learned something last night .... did you know that the color red makes you thirsty ?
That's why many nightclubs and bars have some red on their walls.
I don't need red to make me thirsty .. just the time of day.
Hey Mike, do you have red on your walls ?

IW
Hmmm..interesting ..did u all know or notice during commercials or movies ...they blur the back ground just enough. Too help u focus one the main character ect? Dtw!
Cally man

Mayfield, KY

#128254 Feb 16, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Good Morning.Hope you had a nice night...DTW
Morning winner!!

“If you see God,tell him.”

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#128255 Feb 16, 2013
might be me !

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#128256 Feb 16, 2013
Jeffrey wrote:
Oh, sorry ... Good Morning .. more snow coming .. Grrr !
IW
Temp in the 30s here if that makes you feel better, BUT sun shining bright & will warm up into the 50s!!!...iw
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#128257 Feb 16, 2013
We have about 2-3 inches of snow here.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#128258 Feb 16, 2013
iw

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#128259 Feb 16, 2013
Jeffrey wrote:
I learned something last night .... did you know that the color red makes you thirsty ?
That's why many nightclubs and bars have some red on their walls.
I don't need red to make me thirsty .. just the time of day.
Hey Mike, do you have red on your walls ?
IW
... the whole place is in the red ... iw ... them dreamers come in for the free happy hour ... the indies are happy when they leave ... iw

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min The Dude 161,987
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 8 min Sublime1 207
Word Association (Jun '10) 10 min Lumatrix 27,438
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min -CatCiao- 56,698
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min -CatCiao- 10,930
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 16 min -CatCiao- 8,169
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 16 min DILF 18,685
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 29 min Deep Thinker 40,294
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 161,858
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr MrsCharming2u 288
News Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears ... 4 hr DILF 2
More from around the web