of 2
Next Last
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#22 May 3, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
I was joking, folks.
Tongue in cheek.
I lived in GA twice - 5 years each time, and I saw SO much racism. Coming from the West - it was weird to me.
Blacks and white get along pretty well in the military but once you step off post - it is different.
I know it started centuries ago and I realize that white man thinks they are superior. It has caused problems since the beginning. I seriously think it another of God's tests to see how we react.
sure

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#23 May 3, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
I was joking, folks.
Tongue in cheek.
I lived in GA twice - 5 years each time, and I saw SO much racism. Coming from the West - it was weird to me.
Blacks and white get along pretty well in the military but once you step off post - it is different.
I know it started centuries ago and I realize that white man thinks they are superior. It has caused problems since the beginning. I seriously think it another of God's tests to see how we react.
I think that each race thinks that it is superior to all the others. The white race and in particular the southern American white race gets most of the focus, because we not only attempted to secede from the union, but because we lost that attempt. The north had slaves as well, and many of the Presidents had slaves, but history is written by the winners, so the south gets tarred with the racist brush as a way to prove the north's superiority. Even in the decades before the civil rights movement, the north was just as prejudiced, but, because the south was slower and more resistant to change, again they get targeted with the racist brush. When in reality, ALL of America has the same issue and ALL races have the same issue, not just the southern whites.

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

#24 May 3, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
I was joking, folks.
Tongue in cheek.
My history includes the "New England" snobby colonist who looked down their long noses at the Scotch-Irish.
We received such a warm welcome from you yanks that we high-tailed it to the south.
Just saying .... and the weather is nicer too.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#25 May 3, 2013
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
My history includes the "New England" snobby colonist who looked down their long noses at the Scotch-Irish.
We received such a warm welcome from you yanks that we high-tailed it to the south.
Just saying .... and the weather is nicer too.
The geography is also reminiscent of the old country.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#26 May 3, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
What a coinkeydink - I escaped from Georgia once.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#27 May 3, 2013
I lived in Atlanta for 8 years and maybe I just didn't notice, but all races got along quite well. There's racism everywhere, not just in the south.

Level 7

#28 May 3, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coinkeydink - I escaped from Georgia once.
Are you kidding?
We threw you back, ha ha ha ha!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#29 May 3, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
I lived in Atlanta for 8 years and maybe I just didn't notice, but all races got along quite well. There's racism everywhere, not just in the south.
Nobody lives IN Atlanta - maybe Buckhead, but not IN Atlanta.

:o)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#30 May 3, 2013
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
We threw you back, ha ha ha ha!
I'll have you know I had a hero's welcome as I stepped off the plane in Milwaukee - much akin to the Iranian hostages.

Lol.

Level 7

#31 May 3, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have you know I had a hero's welcome as I stepped off the plane in Milwaukee - much akin to the Iranian hostages.
Lol.
And that crowd cost us plenty too!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#32 May 3, 2013
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
And that crowd cost us plenty too!
Lol...busted!!!

Level 7

#33 May 3, 2013
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 6 min Mr_FX 1,709
Movies watched more than once 8 min Wolftracks 29
letter H 8 min Mr_FX 53
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 10 min andet1987 359
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 12 min Mr_FX 56,947
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 15 min Spotted Girl 24
News Texas waiter fired after racist remarks show up... 15 min flbadcatowner 26
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 17 min Wolftracks 111
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 729
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min Designated Driver 40,831