clark county nevada rancher facing ty...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Munith, MI

#139 Apr 16, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
right there welfare PAUL oooooooooooooops dds
I worked for the people of New State ....
The Constitution of the State of New York establishes the structure of the government of the State of New York, and enumerates the basic rights of the citizens of New York. Like most state constitutions in the United States, New York's constitution's provisions tend to be more detailed, and amended more often than its federal counterpart. Because the history of the state constitution differs from the federal constitution, the New York Court of Appeals has seen fit to interpret analogous provisions differently from United States Supreme Court's interpretation of federal provisions.
rub that on your chest
I was talking about the CIA pops,what are you talkin about?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Munith, MI

#140 Apr 16, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
and where did you get the trout ?????????
Chatty Kathy used to use Felix ... but some one badgered her all the time
her sister dying/her father dying .. a real sit-home he man
whatcha talkin bout pops
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Munith, MI

#141 Apr 16, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
right there welfare PAUL oooooooooooooops dds
I worked for the people of New State ....
The Constitution of the State of New York establishes the structure of the government of the State of New York, and enumerates the basic rights of the citizens of New York. Like most state constitutions in the United States, New York's constitution's provisions tend to be more detailed, and amended more often than its federal counterpart. Because the history of the state constitution differs from the federal constitution, the New York Court of Appeals has seen fit to interpret analogous provisions differently from United States Supreme Court's interpretation of federal provisions.
rub that on your chest
rub what on my chest pops?
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#142 Apr 16, 2014
I think the rancher is a doosh. If I want to fish, I buy a license. If the guy wants to graze on federal lands, he can pay the grazing fee. All the other ranchers do, except this guy, who thinks he's special.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#143 Apr 16, 2014
I can't figure out why the government needs to charge for cows eating the grass that grows there. What do they plan to do with the grass if it's just left there untouched? Call in hundreds of firefighters to put out wildfires, I guess.
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#144 Apr 16, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>whatcha talkin bout pops
Same as he always does, nothing.
Independent

United States

#145 Apr 16, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
5) asks like-minded folks to assist him against the BLM
He didn't ask anybody for assistance, word got out and people joined in of their own accord.
Bundy was concerned over the turnout. He asked for no violence, he told people this should be settled as MLK preached, peacefully.

:^`{

Does your lack of response to my filling out your previous questionnaire speak volumes of you as well?*smile*
Level 8

Location hidden

#146 Apr 16, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
I can't figure out why the government needs to charge for cows eating the grass that grows there. What do they plan to do with the grass if it's just left there untouched? Call in hundreds of firefighters to put out wildfires, I guess.
How do you control which rancher can graze on what land? What's to stop me from buying a bunch of head of cattle, hiring some guy to manage my cattle for me, having him go on the land that this doosh bag thinks he gets to use for free, and having all my cattle use it for free and eat the grass that his cattle are supposed to eat. Will it come down to who has the most guns? We already had cattle barons in the 1800s and it led to a lot of abuse.

And why shouldn't the federal government make money off of it? If you are going to run a business and that business involves using federal land, why should you get to use that land free of charge? That's a better deal than owning your own land that your cattle graze on, because if that was the case you'd have to pay property tax for that land. Are you telling me I have to pay property tax on my land, but this doosh, should get to use federal land he doesn't own free of charge?

The federal government owns a lot of land. It takes money to manage it. I'd rather people who use federal land and make a profit off of it contribute to the some of the costs of managing it, rather than shift more of that cost off of someone like me, who will probably never even visit it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#147 Apr 16, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
what is fair for one rancher should be fair for all ranchers , now is it , no
Level 8

Location hidden

#148 Apr 16, 2014
I liken it to the people who have to pay a fee for the fire department. Some people don't' wanna pay it ... guess what happens when they don't pay and their house catches on fire. The firefighters sit and watch it burn. It's quiet draconian, but if you don't do such a thing, no one will pay.

The guy should have to pay back every penny of grazing fees he didn't pay, with interest and penalties or his cattle should be confiscated. If you let him get away with it, then every rancher will do the same thing.
Level 8

Location hidden

#149 Apr 16, 2014
quitE draconian
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#151 Apr 16, 2014
Having lived in Nevada and a good overall understanding about the state, way of life for the people who live there and a general understanding on both sides of this coin. My simple take is let cattle ranchers do within reason as they see fit on open BLM federal land. Most people really don't understand just how large and sparsely populated this state is.

“ I DO WHAT I LIKE............ .”

Since: Mar 14

AND I LIKE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

#152 Apr 16, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
Having lived in Nevada and a good overall understanding about the state, way of life for the people who live there and a general understanding on both sides of this coin. My simple take is let cattle ranchers do within reason as they see fit on open BLM federal land. Most people really don't understand just how large and sparsely populated this state is.
Exactly!! The federal government gets enough money as it is and does nothing but squander it.

“ I DO WHAT I LIKE............ .”

Since: Mar 14

AND I LIKE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

#153 Apr 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you control which rancher can graze on what land? What's to stop me from buying a bunch of head of cattle, hiring some guy to manage my cattle for me, having him go on the land that this doosh bag thinks he gets to use for free, and having all my cattle use it for free and eat the grass that his cattle are supposed to eat. Will it come down to who has the most guns? We already had cattle barons in the 1800s and it led to a lot of abuse.
And why shouldn't the federal government make money off of it? If you are going to run a business and that business involves using federal land, why should you get to use that land free of charge? That's a better deal than owning your own land that your cattle graze on, because if that was the case you'd have to pay property tax for that land. Are you telling me I have to pay property tax on my land, but this doosh, should get to use federal land he doesn't own free of charge?
The federal government owns a lot of land. It takes money to manage it. I'd rather people who use federal land and make a profit off of it contribute to the some of the costs of managing it, rather than shift more of that cost off of someone like me, who will probably never even visit it.
First come first serve is a great rule.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#155 Apr 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to ask why? open land doing nothing. grass happens to grow there. if the govt wants to sell it and assess taxes, then go ahead. quit hoarding it or whatever it is they do with it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#156 Apr 16, 2014
take by force is also a rule
Level 8

Location hidden

#157 Apr 16, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>First come first serve is a great rule.
So, Native Americans get first dibs? Okay, I'm sure the doosh bag will like that rule.

And why should anyone and their descendants have a right to use land in perpetuity that they don't even own?

And how do you prove that you were there first? And who decides? And who is going to pay for someone to decide this? What if there are disputes?

What if someone gets out of the business and no longer ranches? Who gets to use the land then?

Who pays to monitor their use? What if they are using the land for things other than ranching?
Level 8

Location hidden

#158 Apr 16, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to ask why? open land doing nothing. grass happens to grow there. if the govt wants to sell it and assess taxes, then go ahead. quit hoarding it or whatever it is they do with it.
Yes, kind of like Smoky Mountain National Park. Open land doing nothing. We should sell it off and build condos, subdivisions, walmarts, strip malls, and gas stations on it. Every piece of land must be developed to serve any purpose. There is no value in conserving any land. It all must be developed, plowed under, mined, farmed, eaten bare, destroyed, for human's use.

If these people want land, they can go buy it in the other 70% of the country that has land for sale. The 30% that is owned by the federal government is primarily held for conservation purposes, which a lot of Americans, including myself, support.
Independent

United States

#159 Apr 16, 2014
tallyho wrote:
take by force is also a rule
Meh....only legal for governments and branches thereof.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Munith, MI

#160 Apr 16, 2014
I see ya got nothin pops

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min SLY WEST 166,912
Word Association (Mar '10) 10 min wichita-rick 17,584
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 12 min andet1987 636
No demonstration videos of singles turning side... 16 min greymouser 4
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Paul Porter1 171,514
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 19 min KNIGHT DeVINE 9,248
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 19 min andet1987 75
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 2 hr Classic 15,996
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 hr Satan 29,486
You know it's over when... (Aug '12) 5 hr Camilla 1,536
More from around the web