clark county nevada rancher facing ty...
cowboy

Columbus, OH

#451 Apr 25, 2014
A TROLL NAMED SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>have since Anderson in 1980
vote Democrat
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#452 Apr 25, 2014
Democratic run school boards have been a tragedy

the problem is too few vote in the primary
cowboy

Columbus, OH

#453 Apr 25, 2014
A TROLL NAMED SLACK wrote:
Democratic run school boards have been a tragedy
the problem is too few vote in the primary
fk the primary. it always comes down to a Democrat or a Republican. witch one u want

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#454 Apr 26, 2014
famous blogger wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know.
After my stint of battling land-trolls last evening, I watched a re-broadcast of a 2011 PBS documentary on the color TV. It was on the PBS: World channel.

Wilderness: The Great Debate ... produced by Utah PBS station KUED

Presented the development/access/preservatio n sides with dialogue about "sovereignty", economics, development, passing wilderness to successive generations, mis-use/destruction, etc.

A generous famous blogger such as yourself will appreciate that another blogger has included KUED's film synopsis and his opinion about the issues presented by the film.

http://impeachmentandotherdreams.blogspot.com...

My take on the matters at hand: I have little say [while we all have a right to whine under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution] about use of private land [with caveats to Home Owner Associations, or local ordinances where neighbors are at issue, or voting in different candidates to address certain local violaters, and advocacy participation].

I have no say [other than the 1st Amendment and participation in advocacy in causes] in land/resource use under the domain and authority of other states besides Indiana. I have no right to overtake those issues by force.

[You and] I have a stake and say via representation and various advocacy means about Federal land within the boundaries of any state; and that applies for non-Indiana residents regarding Federal land within this state. Policy and ownership deals are determined by that representation and legal processes.
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#456 Apr 26, 2014
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
fk the primary. it always comes down to a Democrat or a Republican. witch one u want
both are going the way of the whigs, Independents are at the highest percentage ever

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#457 Apr 26, 2014
I dedicate this Randy Newman song to land-troll Cliven Bundy:

Sail Away

"In America you'll get food to eat
Won't have to run through the jungle
And scuff up your feet
You'll just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day
It's great to be an American

Ain't no lions or tigers ain't no mamba snake
Just the sweet watermelon and the buckwheat cake
Everybody is as happy as a man can be
Climb aboard little wog sail away with me

Sail away sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay
Sail away-sail away

In America every man is free
To take care of his home and his family
You'll be as happy as a monkey in a monkey tree
You're all gonna be an American

Sail away sail away
Sail away-sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay"

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#460 Apr 26, 2014
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
so where you stand politically slack. you a republican? tea party? liberty tarian? dontgiveafuk? red solo cup?
dare I suggest a Humanitarian?

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#461 Apr 26, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
The very same two inaccurate paragraphs have been posted here, word for word, three times, so far. I believe your post above and your prior posts were well-intentioned and meant to inform, but multiple folks here don't appear to want to know the actual underlying circumstances (Court Rulings, dates, facts, laws, etc.) that recently culminated in NV. Thanks for trying to inform.
And here comes the ** Ah ha!** moment, Chili. How soon privatization?

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/03/11/1...

[in part]

**** In the past year, legislatures in seven western states — Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Idaho — have passed, introduced, or explored legislation demanding that the federal government turn over millions of acres of federal public lands to the states. If successful, these bills could be disastrous: Rather than being managed for the benefit and use of the American public, these lands will instead be managed in whatever way each state wants to use them—which generally means maximizing private profits through mining, drilling, and other resource extraction.

These lawmakers are waging a losing battle that amounts to little more than political grandstanding to rally their extreme conservative base and feed an antigovernment narrative. Such bills contradict the majority of public opinion in these states, as well as economic realities and constitutional precedent dating back to the mid-19th century.

ALEC and Americans for Prosperity have been fanning the fire under these efforts to “reclaim” federal public lands. ALEC is a conservative corporate front group funded by fossil-fuel interests such as the Koch brothers and ExxonMobil that develops model legislation for state legislators to introduce in their legislatures, and it has endorsed many of the bills turning public lands over to the states. As the Associated Press reported,“Lawmakers in Utah and Arizona have said the legislation is endorsed by the American Legislative Exchange Council, a group that advocates conservative ideals, and they expect it to eventually be introduced in other Western states.”

That should come as little surprise, considering that one of ALEC’s “model bills”— those that it drafts and develops to shop to various state legislators — is the “Sagebrush Rebellion Act,” which was “designed to establish a mechanism for the transfer of ownership of” non-state lands “from the federal government to the states.”

Further evidence that ALEC is the puppet master behind these performances: Utah State Rep. Ken Ivory (R), who is leading the charge for states to “take back” public lands through his “American Lands Council,” has been presenting the idea of turning federal land over to the states at ALEC conferences such as the one in Salt Lake City last summer. Additionally, Rep. Ivory has been promoting this idea to various state legislatures — he spoke, for example, with Wyoming’s Joint Minerals, Business and Economic Development Interim Committee in October 2012.

Proponents of these bills claim that the states do not receive tax revenue from federal lands and argue that the proceeds from turning the land over to the states to then be further developed can help fund essential state services such as education. They also argue that the federal government promised to turn public lands over to the states at the establishment of their statehoods more than 100 years ago.

This issue brief provides an overview of each state’s attempt to force the turnover of public lands, and then describes why this is not only bad policy that is not in accordance with what westerners actually believe, but is also unconstitutional based on numerous Supreme Court decisions.****
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#463 Apr 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
dare I suggest a Humanitarian?
there's my gal
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#464 Apr 26, 2014
The Blog Fodder wrote:
The gubmint shouldn't get a million dollars for that old racist feeding his cattle on public land!
A CORPORATION should get TWO million dollars for that old racist feeding feeding his cattle on PRIVATE LAND!
in New Orleans we feel it is important to stand up for the rights of the most hated, not special privileges but the rights afforded to all, in doing so we protect the rights of all

bundy got support because they were going to kill him if necessary to get him to stop

fascist pigs driving over tortoise dens killing many but wanting to kill bundy for doing what his family has done for over 100 yrs.

he lives in the desert and his views on blacks was not that difficult to understand based on his prospective and fox news

is he a red neck? yes, so what. put bundy in a soup kitchen for a year and let him get to know these people and he is smart enough to have a different view of their reality
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#466 Apr 26, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Zipperheads too?
if you are referring to the Vietnamese we fished side by side since the fall of Saigon, very honorable people from my experiences
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#467 Apr 26, 2014
well well well, turns out ole Cliven aint too bad after all

Mounting Evidence Reveals Cliven Bundy Is Not, In Fact, A Racist

http://www.westernjournalism.com/mounting-evi...
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#468 Apr 26, 2014

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#469 Apr 27, 2014
Racist? Hardly

Speaking about struggling black communities, he said:

"And so what I’ve testified to ya, I was in the Watts riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them. We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back. We sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way."

None of the preceding remarks were included in the Times report. The following pro-Mexican sentiment was similarly scrubbed from that report.

“Now let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people, and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them. Don’t tell me they don’t work. And don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together. They picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join with us and be with us, not, not come to a party."

As the entire scope of his message began circulating, supporters who defended him against accusations of racism have considered themselves vindicated. Perhaps the most relevant statement made on his behalf, however, came from a black man who has worked as the Nevada rancher’s bodyguard as tensions rose between the Bundy family and the federal government.

Even in light of the Times report, Army veteran Jason Bullock told a CNN reporter that his employer is “still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.”
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#470 Apr 27, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Racist? Hardly
"And so what I’ve testified to ya, I was in the Watts riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them. We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back. We sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way."
None of the preceding remarks were included in the Times report. The following pro-Mexican sentiment was similarly scrubbed from that report.
“Now let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people, and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them. Don’t tell me they don’t work. And don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together. They picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join with us and be with us, not, not come to a party."
As the entire scope of his message began circulating, supporters who defended him against accusations of racism have considered themselves vindicated. Perhaps the most relevant statement made on his behalf, however, came from a black man who has worked as the Nevada rancher’s bodyguard as tensions rose between the Bundy family and the federal government.
Even in light of the Times report, Army veteran Jason Bullock told a CNN reporter that his employer is “still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.”
highly edited manipulative reporting, aint it great

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#471 Apr 27, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Racist? Hardly
This is all about political spin. Is Bundy a racist? I don't know and I don't care. He is free to have any option he wants. The real subject is what the federal government did and not the views of this one individual. We have seen Ruby Ridge and Waco and what happens when the federal government sends in snipers to enforce their will. There was a time when there was no federal police other than Marshalls. Now nearly every branch of the government has armed forces. We have gone from a republic of different states to one massive force. The constitution was never meant to allow this. The purpose of the constitution was to limit the power of the federal government and keep the power in the hands of the state.The 10th amendment is ignored today. Do you know why the federal government can keep you from filling in a pond on land that you own? The commerce clause has become the catch all to extend federal power. A duck crosses state lines and the government has the right to control interstate commerce. The duck is engaged in interstate commerce and therefore the federal government can keep you from destroying it's habitat. CRAZY reading of the constitution
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Paw Paw, MI

#472 Apr 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> This is all about political spin. Is Bundy a racist? I don't know and I don't care. He is free to have any option he wants. The real subject is what the federal government did and not the views of this one individual. We have seen Ruby Ridge and Waco and what happens when the federal government sends in snipers to enforce their will. There was a time when there was no federal police other than Marshalls. Now nearly every branch of the government has armed forces. We have gone from a republic of different states to one massive force. The constitution was never meant to allow this. The purpose of the constitution was to limit the power of the federal government and keep the power in the hands of the state.The 10th amendment is ignored today. Do you know why the federal government can keep you from filling in a pond on land that you own? The commerce clause has become the catch all to extend federal power. A duck crosses state lines and the government has the right to control interstate commerce. The duck is engaged in interstate commerce and therefore the federal government can keep you from destroying it's habitat. CRAZY reading of the constitution
it's simple Waco never again
ruby ridge never again, as you said

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#476 Apr 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> This is all about political spin. Is Bundy a racist? I don't know and I don't care. He is free to have any option he wants. The real subject is what the federal government did and not the views of this one individual. We have seen Ruby Ridge and Waco and what happens when the federal government sends in snipers to enforce their will. There was a time when there was no federal police other than Marshalls. Now nearly every branch of the government has armed forces. We have gone from a republic of different states to one massive force. The constitution was never meant to allow this. The purpose of the constitution was to limit the power of the federal government and keep the power in the hands of the state.The 10th amendment is ignored today. Do you know why the federal government can keep you from filling in a pond on land that you own? The commerce clause has become the catch all to extend federal power. A duck crosses state lines and the government has the right to control interstate commerce. The duck is engaged in interstate commerce and therefore the federal government can keep you from destroying it's habitat. CRAZY reading of the constitution
Nobody I know wants our country to become a police state and anyone with a brain wants to avoid another Ruby Ridge or Waco. That said, you're once again missing causality here and ignoring history. The militarization of Local, State and Federal authorities is a direct result of the increasing militarization of we the people.

Specifically, Local authorities started ramping up their firepower after the '97 North Hollywood Shootout in '97. During that incident, two of your fellow firearm enthusiasts, carrying superior weaponry and Kevlar clad, shot 11 policemen, armed with 38 cal and 9 mm weapons, and 7 civilians trying to escape a Bank of America branch.

Shortly after that, Local authorities recognized that the likelihood was high that other criminal firearm enthusiasts could carry similar weaponry and wear Kevlar and followed suit. I have no use for thug tactics by Local authorities and I'm no fan of cops who bully, just because they can, but let's not ignore the causality and history.

So do you really want your Local, State or Federal law, with inferior firepower, to face off with criminals with superior firepower? Whether you recognize Bundy as a racist, or not, he is a confirmed entitlement abuser, who has lost in every Court, wraps himself in my flag, while refusing to recognize the authority of my government.

"Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with their standard issue 9 mm or .38 Special pistols, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and M&#259;t&#259;s&#2 59;reanu carried illegally modified fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1s, a Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator, and a HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating vehicles and police Kevlar vests. The bank robbers wore body armor which successfully deflected bullets and shells fired by the responding patrolmen. SWAT eventually arrived bearing sufficient firepower, and they commandeered an armored truck to evacuate the wounded. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their capabilities in similar situations in the future."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_...
just a guy

United States

#479 Apr 27, 2014
wanna know what else is crazy look up tannerite videos on youtube. its an explosive sold at gun shops and on internet. no limmit onn how much you can buy. its a mixture of ammonium nitrate and alluminium powder. you mix the alluminium powder with the nitrate in small amounts put it behind a target and shoot it. it explodes with tremendous power. and it is all legal unless you mix up too much but no limmit on how much you can buy
lol

United States

#481 Apr 27, 2014
that fear of a revolution has always been there when we had white presidents too specially liberal democrap ones

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min LOLing 222,043
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min David 25,158
True False Game (Jun '11) 8 min SweLL GirL 15,258
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 44 min David 5,431
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 3 hr wichita-rick 5,978
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 3 hr Alyssa76 5,464
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... (Jul '15) 3 hr wichita-rick 121
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 5 hr Sublime1 35,405
More from around the web