clark county nevada rancher facing ty...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#257 Apr 17, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are certain that Bundy's product is also part of the meat sold overseas?
And so what if it is?
People overseas need to eat too.
Bundy doesn't get to determine where his meat goes. It goes into the supply chain. There are cattle auctions.

And I never said it matters if it goes overseas. I’m only pointing it out to the idiots who think that by grazing his cattle for free on public land, it’s making food cheaper for Americans. It’s not … it’s not even making it cheaper in foreign countries. The only thing it does is make this guy more money per head of cattle that he sells … that he puts in his pocket. Him making more money does jack shyte for me when I go to the grocery store. It helps him when he goes to the grocery store since he has more money, but it does nothing for any other consumer.

Even if somehow he were selling his cattle for less and this money was somehow passed off onto consumers, the fact that a lot of beef is exported, means he would be subsidizing food for foreigners to a certain extent. I don't want to subsidize food for foreigners by letting ranchers use public land. Foreigners can use their own public land and let their own ranchers use it for free if they want food prices to go down, but like I said, it doesn't even work that way to begin with. Allowing a rancher to use land for free, just makes him more wealthy and does noting to reduce the cost of food.

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#258 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every damn think you say is bass ackwards, wrong, and without any logic and reason. Case in point:
He's not using any of the money he saves not paying fees to provide us with cheaper beef. I've worked on farms ... worked with farmers ... I know farmers. Cattle are sold according to the market rate. It's not like he's selling his cattle for less than the market rate. He's simply pocketing more money because it costs him less to raise his cattle, because he gets to graze on federal land for free ... cause he thinks he's special. So spare me the people b*** about the the high food price. He's not making the price of food go down for people. He's simply making himself more $$$.
Also, if it's worthless waste land, then why do many ranchers pay the government to use it and why is he continuing to use it in violation of a court order? It obviously has value if people are willing to pay to use it and this guy is threatening to kill people if they don’t allow him to use it for free.
It's only use is for cattle grazing. If you don't think government regulation is causing higher food prices your nuts. I truly respect your opinion but I also disagree with it. He isn't using it for free. His taxes pay for it and he isn't really harming anyone. Him nor other rancher should have to pay such fees. Gov. gets more than enough already. I've been involved with farmers as well.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#259 Apr 17, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Why would the government spend almost 1 million dollars to recoup less than half of that in back fees?
Because the government receives millions and millions of dollars every year from all the ranchers that pay for grazing rights on all the public land that is used for this purpose. If you start letting ranchers decide whether or not they will pay for this right and do nothing about it, before long, no rancher will pay any money to graze on public land.

If I'm a rancher who has been paying my grazing rights, if I see this guy get away with not paying the fee, guess what, I'm not going to pay the fee, either. Why would I if there is no consequence for not paying.

This isn't that difficult to understand.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#260 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It's only use is for cattle grazing. If you don't think government regulation is causing higher food prices your nuts. I truly respect your opinion but I also disagree with it. He isn't using it for free. His taxes pay for it and he isn't really harming anyone. Him nor other rancher should have to pay such fees. Gov. gets more than enough already. I've been involved with farmers as well.
I pay taxes too and I can't have a ranch on public land without paying for this right? Why is he so special?

My neighbor could have a fallow field and I could make your same argument ... my cattle aren't harming her land ... they are eating grass on land she isn't using and therefore I don't owe her anything ... good luck convincing my neighbor that this is right or a judge.

He is harming people too, because if he doesn't pay, no other rancher will pay, which will mean there is less revenue for the government, which means we have higher deficits, which means we pass on more debt to our children.
Independent

United States

#261 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
So what? You seem to think that you, Trish, should get to decide what types of uses of public land are okay and what are not …
LOL, you lost it when you said I was Trish.
Is it me or Trish living rent free in your cranium?
Think....Spokaloonian.....

I haven't "decided" anything as to land use. Only pointed out your toxic waste would make the land unusable and the cattle wouldn't.

:^`}

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#262 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It's only use is for cattle grazing. If you don't think government regulation is causing higher food prices your nuts. I truly respect your opinion but I also disagree with it. He isn't using it for free. His taxes pay for it and he isn't really harming anyone. Him nor other rancher should have to pay such fees. Gov. gets more than enough already. I've been involved with farmers as well.
come on , will ya: the drought/storms/etc etc are causing high food prices

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#263 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
please.......... it isn't zoned regulated or even pro-rated for grazing ..

and you trap ????????? can you use any trap you want , you paid taxes I think
Independent

United States

#264 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
If I'm a rancher who has been paying my grazing rights, if I see this guy get away with not paying the fee, guess what, I'm not going to pay the fee, either.
And yet, in all the years this has been fought, not one other rancher has done as you suggest.

#266 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay taxes too and I can't have a ranch on public land without paying for this right? Why is he so special?
My neighbor could have a fallow field and I could make your same argument ... my cattle aren't harming her land ... they are eating grass on land she isn't using and therefore I don't owe her anything ... good luck convincing my neighbor that this is right or a judge.
He is harming people too, because if he doesn't pay, no other rancher will pay, which will mean there is less revenue for the government, which means we have higher deficits, which means we pass on more debt to our children.
His ranch isn't on public land... He only uses it for grazing. Fallow field???? No completely different and not even comparable....... No rancher should be forced to pay to have cows eat some grass.. Government can stop spending on stupid things to offset the loss of money.Stop with the BS foreign aid would be a great start. Yep thats it. Stop sending all the foreign aid money and apply it this. Problem solved.

#267 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
No I can't use any trap I want and don't get me started on the stupid laws about conibear triggers and snares.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#268 Apr 17, 2014
perhaps they are law abiding ???????

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#269 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text> No I can't use any trap I want and don't get me started on the stupid laws about conibear triggers and snares.
so why do you feel he can do what ever he wants , laws are for the masses
[but apply to the individual] en-massed

#270 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sir, out civility and respect to you and sublime and others I'm just going to have to let this one go and agree to disagree on this issue with ya'll. It's just getting repetitive. We know each others views and I'll admit no one is without their points on the issue. It's just arguing at this point. Arguing leads to triteness and insults. Don't want to get to that point. None of us are going to really change what has or is happening anyways. Even when I don't agree with what the courts decide I still go with it. Not everyones side can or should win in all situations. I'll just save it for voting days.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#271 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Nah he's a food provider.... People b*** about the high price of food yet P&M when someone says the fed is taken more than enough money and using to line the pockets of worthless POS politicians. Government has been left unchecked for too long. It is waste land. But hey Lets s just have some turtle soup instead of beef.
The reason Nevada BLM land totals approx. 87% of this entire large state is simply because there is very little if any value in most of the land. Bureau of mining takes in millions of revenue dollars as well as state gaming revenue which gets into the billions with the locals and tourists spending dollars on gaming and entertainment etc. etc. Without gaming and mining there simply wouldn't be enough revenue to support this low populated state. All that said..........what in the hell does one small peanuts cattle rancher hurt buy grazing a small herd of cattle on a small portion of millions of acres of arid rock, sand, dirt and cactus on what is useless for anything else land?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#272 Apr 17, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, in all the years this has been fought, not one other rancher has done as you suggest.
Because they know he's going to get hit with the b1tch stick. If the government doesn't back up their fines or punish him, you will see more and more ranchers doing the same thing. The government has no choice, but to make an example out of him. Just like fire districts that make people pay an annual fee if they want fire protection have no choice but to watch someone's house burn down if they don't pay that fee and their house catches on fire.

There will be consequences for what he has done. They might not be now, but there will be consequences. Wait and see.
Independent

United States

#273 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
There will be consequences for what he has done. They might not be now, but there will be consequences. Wait and see.
Somehow, I don't doubt that.
Jacob

South Jordan, UT

#274 Apr 17, 2014
Sen. Reid calls supporters of Nevada rancher Bundy 'domestic terrorists'

“They’re nothing more than domestic terrorists,” Reid said.“I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism.”

Reid said he has been told a federal task force is being set up to deal with the Bundy situation, adding Bundy does not respect the U.S. or its laws.

“Clive Bundy does not recognize the United States,” Reid said.“The United States, he says, is a foreign government. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow the law. He continues to thumb his nose at authority.”

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#275 Apr 18, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't say that. Rather, if that were the case, I could somewhat understand why folks like you argue that he is some kind of national hero who is doing Americans a favor by using public land free of charge.
He's not. He just wants to use public land for free, when every other rancher pays to use it, so he can make more money per head of cattle. Therefore, I don't understand this he's a national hero and a patriot b.s.
Since when does demanding that you get to use land you don't own, for free ... so you can make more money ... make you a national hero and a patriot? Since when does threatening to kill people if they don't let you use land you don't own for free ... so you can make more money ... make you a national hero and a patriot? This is the about the dopiest logic I have ever run across on here.
I do appreciate that. That was a facetious remark even by my standards.
I do not though, regard him as a National hero or a Patriot, but my heart
went out to him considering that his ancestors farmed this land over the
centuries.
Akin to the Irish and the Scots being turfed off their land to make way for
another purpose.
The difference being, the Irish and Scots were scraping a living off their land,
this family obviously are not.
So I will leave it at that, thank you for allowing me to join in a discussion without
prejudice.

Respect to all here

and wishing y'all a very Happy Easter.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#276 Apr 18, 2014
Sen. Reid is a 'domestic terrorists' lieing and misrepresenting his party and the opposition.
“They’re nothing more than domestic terrorists,” and Reid is one of them.“I repeat: what's happening in government is domestic terrorism.”
Reid said he has been told a federal task force is being set up to deal with the IRS situation, and NSA that does not respect the U.S. citizens.
Government does not recognize the people of the United States,” Reid said.“The United States, acts like it's a foreign government. Ried said; He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow the law. I continue to thumb my nose at republicans and the Tea Party.”

??? I guess I did 'reword' that some???

PS: I wish he could see it!
Mechanic

Marthaville, LA

#278 Apr 18, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
what is fair for one rancher should be fair for all ranchers , now is it , no
You're Right,,
They all should graze for free!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 21,848
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Keyanna 217,093
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 6 min Keyanna 8,313
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 10 min Keyanna 4,064
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min The Finny 75,251
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 15 min tiger_-_dad 150,041
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 38 min Princess Hey 49,335
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr twowheelsforever 2,550
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr twowheelsforever 17,211
More from around the web