#235 Apr 17, 2014
now at that you aren't lying because that is all you post

weathermen and Chicago 7

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#236 Apr 17, 2014
or John Trochmann, a Militia of Montana leader who once claimed a following in the thousands, today leads a tiny organization that is derisively referred to as the "Mail Order Militia." Donald Beauregard, a Florida militiaman who asserted in 1995 that a map on a Trix cereal box revealed secret government plans, is now serving a five-year sentence for trying to blow up power stations. Jeff Randall, co-founder of an Alabama militia group and the man who embarrassed federal agents by exposing a racist event theyíd attended, has left the "Patriot" movement and apologized.
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#237 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so smart. People are aware of these deceitful tactics and are
remaining vigilant.
You realize what you are defending is this guy's perceived right to just profit more. It's not like he's selling his cattle any cheaper than other ranchers who pay the grazing fee? It's not like he's giving Americans a discount when it comes to the cost of beef. He's simply trying to reduce his costs and pocket more money, for his own use. This isn't patriotism ... it's greed. And here you have all these idiot morons running around with guns threatening to kill people if he isn't allowed to be greedy.

You aren't a patriot, because you feel entitled to use land for free that you don't own. The only people who think that greed makes you a patriot are complete idiots.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#238 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point Sir Tally..
but tell you what rings a louder bell with me and that is the
turfing off of the Native Americans....
the Aborigines...
the Bundys
we can cast back and forth , but you are a Monarchy whom became a Democracy ..... we became a Democracy because of a Monarchy

wasn't Robin outlawed for taken of the King's deer..... and aren't deer a god-given ??????????

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#239 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize what you are defending is this guy's perceived right to just profit more. It's not like he's selling his cattle any cheaper than other ranchers who pay the grazing fee? It's not like he's giving Americans a discount when it comes to the cost of beef. He's simply trying to reduce his costs and pocket more money, for his own use. This isn't patriotism ... it's greed. And here you have all these idiot morons running around with guns threatening to kill people if he isn't allowed to be greedy.
You aren't a patriot, because you feel entitled to use land for free that you don't own. The only people who think that greed makes you a patriot are complete idiots.
AH. So. If he sold his cattle cheaper..and if he gave Americans a discount ..then it would
be acceptable with you that he carries on using this land for his cattle on which to graze.??
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#240 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My take on your posting style is a person who likes to put a lot of words together without the benefit of thinking much about the subject matter. Try and reread and edit a bit more prior to clicking the post comment space for a more sure footed take on what is relevant.
Just trying to help you through all this as you frankly sound a bit confused and somewhat angry.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#241 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
we can cast back and forth , but you are a Monarchy whom became a Democracy ..... we became a Democracy because of a Monarchy
wasn't Robin outlawed for taken of the King's deer..... and aren't deer a god-given ??????????
We can blame at the Norman's feet there as they were responsible for the
death of the Earl of Huntingdon, who was Robin Hood's father, Robert, or
Robin as he later called himself, had no choice but to live in Sherwood Forest
where, out of sheer necessity he along with other Saxons placed in these unfortunate
circumstances, killed and divided amongst the poor, deer....which belonged to the
King.
King John had burnt the homes of the Saxons and TURFED THEM OFF THEIR LAND.

I rest my case.
Level 8

Location hidden

#242 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
AH. So. If he sold his cattle cheaper..and if he gave Americans a discount ..then it would
be acceptable with you that he carries on using this land for his cattle on which to graze.??
No I didn't say that. Rather, if that were the case, I could somewhat understand why folks like you argue that he is some kind of national hero who is doing Americans a favor by using public land free of charge.

He's not. He just wants to use public land for free, when every other rancher pays to use it, so he can make more money per head of cattle. Therefore, I don't understand this he's a national hero and a patriot b.s.

Since when does demanding that you get to use land you don't own, for free ... so you can make more money ... make you a national hero and a patriot? Since when does threatening to kill people if they don't let you use land you don't own for free ... so you can make more money ... make you a national hero and a patriot? This is the about the dopiest logic I have ever run across on here.
Level 8

Location hidden

#243 Apr 17, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>My take on your posting style is a person who likes to put a lot of words together without the benefit of thinking much about the subject matter. Try and reread and edit a bit more prior to clicking the post comment space for a more sure footed take on what is relevant.
Just trying to help you through all this as you frankly sound a bit confused and somewhat angry.
I may sound sound a bit confused and somewhat angry to you, but you sound completely stupid, since you don't seem to understand that this is federal land and not state owned land..

All you say is, you don't understand people in Nevada, which is basically irrelevant. It doesn't matter what people in Nevada think. It's federally owned land. Nevada has 2 senators and at most a few Congressmen, which means the sentiments of the people of Nevada on this issue doesn't mean much. The collective voice of the state of Nevada, in terms of how federal land should be managed is about as determinative as what some woman in the UK thinks. Sucks to be Nevada on Federal issues. They just aren't that influential. Too bad, so sad.

“Fishin' in the Moonlight”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¬Ņ.......

#245 Apr 17, 2014
I commandeered the city park to feed my nannies and billies, goats rule!
Level 8

Location hidden

#246 Apr 17, 2014
Under Further Review wrote:
<quoted text>I seem to see a pattern here. In general, it seems wing nuts are standing behind this rancher. I think it has to do with who is in the Whitehouse. If a Republucan President went in there guns blazing the same wing nuts would be saying he deserved it for trying to take our land.
Maybe, but I think some people are just so anti-government that they will side with a greedy SOB, who just wants to use land he doesn't own, so he can make more money, over the government ... even though there is nothing unreasonable or unfair about any landowner, private or government, asking a business to pay a fee to use land owned by the landowner.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Munith, MI

#247 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We can blame at the Norman's feet there as they were responsible for the
death of the Earl of Huntingdon, who was Robin Hood's father, Robert, or
Robin as he later called himself, had no choice but to live in Sherwood Forest
where, out of sheer necessity he along with other Saxons placed in these unfortunate
circumstances, killed and divided amongst the poor, deer....which belonged to the
King.
King John had burnt the homes of the Saxons and TURFED THEM OFF THEIR LAND.
I rest my case.
what is necessary is not illegal, not to say you won't be prosecuted

risk and reward, like a fisherman's life

“ I DO WHAT I LIKE............ .”

Since: Mar 14

AND I LIKE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

#248 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, but I think some people are just so anti-government that they will side with a greedy SOB, who just wants to use land he doesn't own, so he can make more money, over the government ... even though there is nothing unreasonable or unfair about any landowner, private or government, asking a business to pay a fee to use land owned by the landowner.
Nah he's a food provider.... People b*** about the high price of food yet P&M when someone says the fed is taken more than enough money and using to line the pockets of worthless POS politicians. Government has been left unchecked for too long. It is waste land. But hey Lets s just have some turtle soup instead of beef.
Independent

United States

#250 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
And not all that beef stays here in America. Some of it gets exported.
Your source for that claim would be?
Independent

United States

#252 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
I'm a business with toxic waste. I'll just dump it on public land ... because I'm a business owner who pays taxes ...
Quite the emotional extremest.
Neither Bundy nor his cattle is doing harm to that land.
You would make it unusable to man, plants and animals.

Why would the government spend almost 1 million dollars to recoup less than half of that in back fees?

Would you be okay with any business coming to your door with fully automatic weapons to collect a debt?
Level 8

Location hidden

#253 Apr 17, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source for that claim would be?
The horses mouth ... National Cattlemen's Beef Association

http://www.beefusa.org/beefindustrystatistics...

2013 U.S. total beef exports: 2.5 billion pounds

Top export markets: Canada, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and Hong Kong
Independent

United States

#254 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
The horses mouth ... National Cattlemen's Beef Association
http://www.beefusa.org/beefindustrystatistics...
2013 U.S. total beef exports: 2.5 billion pounds
Top export markets: Canada, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and Hong Kong
So you are certain that Bundy's product is also part of the meat sold overseas?
And so what if it is?
People overseas need to eat too.
Level 8

Location hidden

#255 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Nah he's a food provider.... People b*** about the high price of food yet P&M when someone says the fed is taken more than enough money and using to line the pockets of worthless POS politicians. Government has been left unchecked for too long. It is waste land. But hey Lets s just have some turtle soup instead of beef.
Every damn think you say is bass ackwards, wrong, and without any logic and reason. Case in point:

He's not using any of the money he saves not paying fees to provide us with cheaper beef. I've worked on farms ... worked with farmers ... I know farmers. Cattle are sold according to the market rate. It's not like he's selling his cattle for less than the market rate. He's simply pocketing more money because it costs him less to raise his cattle, because he gets to graze on federal land for free ... cause he thinks he's special. So spare me the people b*** about the the high food price. He's not making the price of food go down for people. He's simply making himself more $$$.

Also, if it's worthless waste land, then why do many ranchers pay the government to use it and why is he continuing to use it in violation of a court order? It obviously has value if people are willing to pay to use it and this guy is threatening to kill people if they donít allow him to use it for free.
Level 8

Location hidden

#256 Apr 17, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the emotional extremest.
Neither Bundy nor his cattle is doing harm to that land.
You would make it unusable to man, plants and animals.
So what? You seem to think that you, Trish, should get to decide what types of uses of public land are okay and what are not Ö uses that you Trish are okay with are fine, but uses that you are not okay with are not fine? Sorry, this isnít the kingdom of Trish. You arenít dictator.

You have your views, and I have my views, and every individual in this country has their own views on how public land should be used. I actually want government oversight of how public land is used. I also donít think a private business should be able to use public land free of charge.

How do you resolve this discrepancy between your views and my views and the views of all the individuals in this country?

As I said before, the only way to resolve these discrepancies is to elect officials who have oversight and determine on everyoneís behalf how it should be used. Thatís actually the system of government we have and thatís exactly what has happened.

If you and FTW Forever and others donít like how our elected officials have determined public land is to be used, then instead of supporting nut jobs who are willing to shoot people who are simply enforcing what our elected officials have determined in terms of how this land should be used, then vote for politicians that allow ranchers to use public land free of charge, without any government oversight, without any oversight that prevents overgrazing, and without any government oversight that prevents taking any reasonable steps to limit the impact that grazing has on endangered species.

I think thatís dumb. I'll vote for officials who will do the opposite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 2 min Old Sam 2,301
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 2 min Cyan in CA 79,006
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min Old Sam 140,280
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min HaHaHa 40,303
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 6 min Old Sam 28,627
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 8 min Old Sam 3,304
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 9 min Old Sam 18,687
Things that make life eaiser... 13 min Old Sam 291
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 34 min a_temp 15
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 52 min Jennifer Renee 10,951