clark county nevada rancher facing ty...

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#209 Apr 16, 2014
Ann Archy wrote:
<quoted text>mayhem is mayhem
Funny the federal government is what causes most of it these days. It's like an unleashed rabid pitbull.
Independent

United States

#210 Apr 16, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
Funny the federal government is what causes most of it these days. It's like an unleashed rabid pitbull.
Indeed!

It was the heavy handedness of the BLM where the only "mayhem" occurred.
Tasing people, attacking people, running roughshod with automatic weapons bullying people.
Using helicopters to run the cattle ragged.

Mayhem indeed.

Not until all those things happened did protesters to the BLM come to assist. And, unlike the BLM, they did it peacefully and lawfully.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#211 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The government doesn't own it.. The public does. It's our's not theirs.
A].........
some land is held by central or local governments.... aka. called public land.

land that is owned by the United States government.......public land refers to the public domain, unappropriated land belonging to the federal government ...

B].........
you have the right to use it and not abuse the rights...you can not buy it/sell it/will it/inherit/change it .......... as a trapper and a stocker you should know this .... the land is own by the people of the United States the past the present and the future

time for this thread to grow up....

the cemetery is full of the right..........DEAD RIGHT

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#212 Apr 17, 2014
*=* How our government works *=*
Spend $3 million to get $1 million!!!
No not the Bundy thing, ACA. LOL

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#213 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Not Anarchy... In Anarchy there would be no taxes. Also Anarchy is preferable to heavy handed government. Government doesn't own it. Public does........ Nor do I believe we should be charged to use public parks or be told when we can and can't use them...Also parks and public land are two different things...... Toll roads.. Hmmmm like NY thru-way that us NY'rs were screwed on?? Federal government gets enough of all our money. Time to stick it to the C***suckers.
That's your personal opinion. You think they should be able to use public land free of charge. I don't. Other people have different thoughts than you or me.

That's why in our system of government we each get to vote and elect officials who decide how assets that are collectively owned by the public are to be used.

If this rancher doesn't like what the law is then he can vote for people who will change it. Until then, he needs to follow the law. Period, end of story.

Otherwise, it's complete anarchy with each person deciding how they are going to use land that is owned by everyone. Then you have no rule of law and people using guns to settle disputes, which is what this guy wants. If that's what he and people who support him want .. then law enforcement should do what is done with any person who is armed and threatens violence if they aren't allowed to continue to break the law. It usually doesn't turn out so well for such people.

Level 8

Location hidden

#214 Apr 17, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The government doesn't own it.. The public does. It's our's not theirs.
The government manages it for us. You can't have 360 million people each individually deciding how they will use public land. IF that's the case, I want to open a toxic dump on the land he ranches on and charge companies millions of dollars to dispose of toxic waste. It's my land ... I own it ... I can do what I want with it. The government can't tell me what to do with it. I pay taxes. Right?

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#215 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
well .... he refused yes???????? so do you think the government is just going to walk away .......... public land means it is paid for/maintained/law-enforced ..........
..........by a government: be it a city/county/state/fed .....the scary part is the people who armed themselves and blame Us.. the man is a thief he is feeding his stock free ... so why can't every person do the same ....
" the man is a thief he is feeding his stock free"

not entirely, cows cannot live on grass alone. Which incidentally is a God given food.
Seriously

Fort Wayne, IN

#216 Apr 17, 2014
Don't you think the state should have a say concerning land owned by the Feds in their state, at least a knowledge of what it's going to be used for?
I agree it's owned by "The United States" but I think all revenue from it should go to the state. I also think the Fed should be taxed on all purchases and property the same as the citizens and it should be put back in the general fund, at least our money would make one round before the government gets to waste it. LOL

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#217 Apr 17, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Y/W Cuz El -- forgive me if I have the wrong term in mind, but your country has the National Trust (?), a similar concept; property owned and managed for the 'common good' instead of for the benefit of one or few.
Be it by county(shire), state, or national management, most, if not all, of these lands and property are managed for multiple-use; that is to say, as much as possible.
It's on me to read up on your country's approach; but I'd rely on you or your fellow citizens to school me on details of reality for practical matters of that approach.
You are absolutely right Cuz Luke, the National Trust work on the principle of buying,
then maintaining the properties and land for the benefit of the general public, who
basically pay for this maintenance etc by membership subscriptions.
One recent purchase is within the National Park in which I live, the old buildings restored
and the land now viable and complete with tenant farmers.
Needless to say,'rogue' farmers would not be welcome.
However, I ask myself why the furore about this land in Nevada.
Would any of the folk who post here care to move onto this land and pay the Federal Govt.,
rent, and farm with the expertise that Cliven Bundy and his family have done, based on
the guidelines handed down from his ancestors over the generations?
Then why the outcry?
I just don't get it.
Also, it would appear that no mention has been made of the fact that Mr. Bundy has offered
to pay the State rent for this land. The State. For the grazing rights.

Level 8

Location hidden

#218 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Which incidentally is a God given food.
So are fish in the ocean. And guess what happens when you just let every fisherman individually decide how many they will take. It leads to over fishing and a decline of fishing populations.

These laws were enacted to prevent over grazing.

I can't believe people on here are so effing dumb and advocate a free for all. Where each business and person gets to decide how they will use land that is owned collectively by all of us.

I'm a business with toxic waste. I'll just dump it on public land ... because I'm a business owner who pays taxes ... therefore I own that land too. You don't like it. Tough shyte. Who died and made you king? I'm just as free to decide how I will use land that we all own as you are.

You don't like me dumping toxic waste on it ... guess what I don't like entitled a-holes who think they get to run a business using public land for free.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Let's make it a free for all, where each of us gets to decide what we will do. It would work out so well.

I want some free beef too. It's on my land after all. I can do what I want. I own it. Free for all!

Level 8

Location hidden

#219 Apr 17, 2014
Seriously wrote:
Don't you think the state should have a say concerning land owned by the Feds in their state, at least a knowledge of what it's going to be used for?
I agree it's owned by "The United States" but I think all revenue from it should go to the state. I also think the Fed should be taxed on all purchases and property the same as the citizens and it should be put back in the general fund, at least our money would make one round before the government gets to waste it. LOL
As I said, if that's the way you feel, you and your fellow militia men type whack jobs who probably have bunkers in your back yard stocked with tons of canned tuna can go and elect people who share your views and make that the law. Until that day happens, the law needs to be followed.

To allow each individual to decide how they will use an asset that is collectively owned by all of us would lead to complete anarchy. If this guy thinks he gets to individually decide that he will ranch on land that all of us own, without following the law. I"ll get a group of people together who wish to ranch the entire state of Nevada and we'll become cattle barons and we will shoot and kill anyone who threatens to stop us. It's our land, right? We can do what we want. We pay taxes.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#220 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So are fish in the ocean. And guess what happens when you just let every fisherman individually decide how many they will take. It leads to over fishing and a decline of fishing populations.
I can't believe people on here are so effing dumb and advocate a free for all. Where each business and person gets to decide how they will use land that is owned collectively by all of us.
I'm a business with toxic waste. I'll just dump it on public land ... because I'm a business owner who pays taxes ... therefore I own that land too. You don't like it. Tough shyte. Who died and made you king? I'm just as free to decide how I will use land that we all own as you are.
You don't like me dumping toxic waste on it ... guess what I don't like entitled a-holes who think they get to run a business using public land for free.
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Let's make it a free for all, where each of us gets to decide what we will do. It would work out so well.
I want some free beef too. It's on my land after all. I can do what I want. I own it. Free for all!
Not a well thought out reply on your part. Having lived in Nevada for several years I have an educated understanding for what the residents of the state fell and believe should happen with this situation. The people have spoken and the feds backed away.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#221 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the cemetery is full of the right..........DEAD RIGHT
no more waco
no more ruby ridge
thats what happened pops

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#225 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aware of fishing rights and blocks on intruding into other countries water.
We suffer more than anyone being a small island, the Navy have been involved
in order to stop people from coming in to our territorial waters....and stealing the
contents.
Not quite the same thing is it?
Any more than dumping toxic waste.
This family provide a useful service to Americans, the land is now required for
something entirely different and the family have been persecuted.
Decent Americans recognising this fact have gone to the Bundy's aid.
Full stop.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#226 Apr 17, 2014
as well ....as you forgot black panthers/slb/kkk/jim jones etc etc all revolutionists .... each and everyone obeyed the laws of the land
yeah right and they use the second as their right , wonder who won that revolution

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#227 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aware of fishing rights and blocks on intruding into other countries water.
in order to stop people from coming in to our territorial waters....and stealing the
contents.
Full stop.
Lady El Ghandi/salt /India ring a bell

Level 8

Location hidden

#228 Apr 17, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Not a well thought out reply on your part. Having lived in Nevada for several years I have an educated understanding for what the residents of the state fell and believe should happen with this situation. The people have spoken and the feds backed away.
It's not Nevada land. I don't care what the folks of Nevada think.

And it's not over. Just wait and see. It was smart on the feds part to let things settle down, let people go home, and then revisit it. Hopefully there is some sort of settlement, but if not, then something will be done, and if it comes to that, it's best just to swoop in and do it without advanced warning.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#229 Apr 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
as well ....as you forgot black panthers/slb/kkk/jim jones etc etc all revolutionists .... each and everyone obeyed the laws of the land
yeah right and they use the second as their right , wonder who won that revolution
I didn't forget sh1t pops

Level 8

Location hidden

#230 Apr 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
contents.
Full stop.
Ignorant whack job, militia member, types, who have threatened violence have come to his aid.

He's also not providing any more of a useful service to Americans than the other ranchers who comply with the law and pay the fee or other ranchers who own their own land and pay property tax.

And not all that beef stays here in America. Some of it gets exported.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#232 Apr 17, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Nevada land. I don't care what the folks of Nevada think.
And it's not over. Just wait and see. It was smart on the feds part to let things settle down, let people go home, and then revisit it. Hopefully there is some sort of settlement, but if not, then something will be done, and if it comes to that, it's best just to swoop in and do it without advanced warning.
Not so smart. People are aware of these deceitful tactics and are
remaining vigilant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min 8541 MARINE 73,328
Trolliday Inn -- We'll leave the light on for you 4 min Spotted Girl 8
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min pizzin around 213,047
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Aura Mytha 220,530
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 47 min UnderstandPeople 6,837
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 55 min Black Rose 41
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 2 hr Retribution 20
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 4 hr Spotted Girl 53
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr oddie 21,423
More from around the web