Unfortunately, the bank wants the mon...

Unfortunately, the bank wants the money back

There are 23 comments on the WTKS-FM Maitland story from Mar 27, 2014, titled Unfortunately, the bank wants the money back. In it, WTKS-FM Maitland reports that:

Quick, what do you do if your bank mistakenly deposits $31,000 into your account? Well, if you're 18, you set about spending every last penny as fast as humanly possible, apparently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKS-FM Maitland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 27, 2014
If you're any customer of a bank making errors like that you find a new bank.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#2 Mar 27, 2014
Well not all 18 year olds would spend the money. I would let the bank know, because you know as soon as they see this mistake, you know they want the money back. His parents should have enlightened him/her.
Now if you found the money outside of the bank, or elsewhere...Finders keepers!
What is the difference

Kansas City, MO

#3 Mar 27, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
Well not all 18 year olds would spend the money. I would let the bank know, because you know as soon as they see this mistake, you know they want the money back. His parents should have enlightened him/her.
Now if you found the money outside of the bank, or elsewhere...Finders keepers!
Doesn't matter how you came by it, if it's not yours, it's not yours.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2014
What is the difference wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter how you came by it, if it's not yours, it's not yours.
Would that same theory apply to welfare bums?
If I find the money on the street per say,, it is mine, and I will keep it. It is not harming you is it. Neither is it affecting you in any way.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#5 Mar 27, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
If you're any customer of a bank making errors like that you find a new bank.
Unfortunately it's happening way to offen. My sons money was put into another account by the bank not every long ago.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 27, 2014
Just TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately it's happening way to offen. My sons money was put into another account by the bank not every long ago.
So how is his new bank, or better, credit union doing?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7 Mar 27, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is his new bank, or better, credit union doing?
I couldn't get him to change banks. I told him before he went there that they were bad.
I'd tried banking with them in the past and had problems to. This is a major bank that you wouldn't expect this from.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 27, 2014
Just TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't get him to change banks. I told him before he went there that they were bad.
I'd tried banking with them in the past and had problems to. This is a major bank that you wouldn't expect this from.
I have a bias in favor of local or regional banks or credit unions, because they are somewhat less culpable for the mortgage-economic crisis, but I realize this is not practical for high net worth people or people who travel and need the expanded service of large banks.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#9 Mar 27, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a bias in favor of local or regional banks or credit unions, because they are somewhat less culpable for the mortgage-economic crisis, but I realize this is not practical for high net worth people or people who travel and need the expanded service of large banks.
That is very smart thinking indeed.
What is the difference

Kansas City, MO

#10 Mar 27, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that same theory apply to welfare bums?
If I find the money on the street per say,, it is mine, and I will keep it. It is not harming you is it. Neither is it affecting you in any way.
Not sure where the "welfare bums" came from, but oh well.

By your way of thinking, if you get out of your car and go into a store, it then becomes fair game for anyone who wants it. Or if you leave on a trip, your house is up for grabs to anyone that wants to move in.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#11 Mar 28, 2014
What is the difference wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where the "welfare bums" came from, but oh well.
By your way of thinking, if you get out of your car and go into a store, it then becomes fair game for anyone who wants it. Or if you leave on a trip, your house is up for grabs to anyone that wants to move in.
Wow what a stupid remark. There is a difference between that and money left on the ground. LOL! With your way of thinking no wonder the world is in a spin.
The welfare remark is some think it is okay for them to get money, but they do not earn it, free money.
What is the difference

Kansas City, MO

#12 Mar 28, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a stupid remark. There is a difference between that and money left on the ground. LOL! With your way of thinking no wonder the world is in a spin.
The welfare remark is some think it is okay for them to get money, but they do not earn it, free money.
There is no difference. Someone "left" it on the ground as you say, so by your own reasoning, it's fair game. You leave your house or car unattended, they're fair game.

Justify "stealing" someone else's money any way you like. It would belong too someone else, and by walking away with it, you would be getting money that "you did not earn, free money". No difference between what you would do and welfare is there.

Any reasonably honest person would deduce that someone lost the money and turn it over to the proper authority. But not you. You've readily admitted that you'd steal it. At least your honest about being a thief.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#13 Mar 28, 2014
What is the difference wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference. Someone "left" it on the ground as you say, so by your own reasoning, it's fair game. You leave your house or car unattended, they're fair game.
Justify "stealing" someone else's money any way you like. It would belong too someone else, and by walking away with it, you would be getting money that "you did not earn, free money". No difference between what you would do and welfare is there.
Any reasonably honest person would deduce that someone lost the money and turn it over to the proper authority. But not you. You've readily admitted that you'd steal it. At least your honest about being a thief.
Yep you are wrong on the house, car theory. Breaking into a home and squatting is trespassing. Home is never left unattended when we go away, we have people look in on it, otherwise home insurance is no good. Also taking a car is stealing. Finding money and keeping it is opportunity. If you found twenty dollars on the ground, you would not keep it???? LOL, I think you would, or would you ask the first person you see? If they said yes, are you that naive to believe them...lol? I lost money recently, it fell out of my wallet, my loss, someone elses gain. way it goes. How would someone know I found the money. If it was a large amount, I would not bank it. I am no theif, I do not steal from people, stores, work, or anything like that. I may steal the occassional heart, but that can't be helped.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#14 Mar 28, 2014
DITCH the Bank..

Mattress Works for ME!!
Best Joke Today

Huntington, NY

#15 Mar 28, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I may steal the occassional heart, but that can't be helped.
LOL!!!!

Good one!!!!

(Holy crap that's funny)

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#16 Mar 28, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
DITCH the Bank..
Mattress Works for ME!!
Me too!
What is the difference

Kansas City, MO

#17 Mar 28, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you are wrong on the house, car theory. Breaking into a home and squatting is trespassing. Home is never left unattended when we go away, we have people look in on it, otherwise home insurance is no good. Also taking a car is stealing. Finding money and keeping it is opportunity. If you found twenty dollars on the ground, you would not keep it???? LOL, I think you would, or would you ask the first person you see? If they said yes, are you that naive to believe them...lol? I lost money recently, it fell out of my wallet, my loss, someone elses gain. way it goes. How would someone know I found the money. If it was a large amount, I would not bank it. I am no theif, I do not steal from people, stores, work, or anything like that. I may steal the occassional heart, but that can't be helped.
As I stated. You admit that you would keep it without taking it to the appropriate authorities. It didn't and doesn't belong to you. But you would steal it knowing that it wasn't and isn't yours. You stated that you would take it if you found it outside a bank. An intelligent person would deduce that someone either going into or leaving the bank had dropped it. By taking and keeping it, you knowingly stole what you knew wasn't yours. That, makes you, a thief. If someone finds your car just sitting in the street, they, by your way of thinking, can just drive off with it. No difference between you stealing someone else's money or someone stealing your car. Stealing is stealing no matter how you justify it.
The Judge

Huntington, NY

#21 Mar 28, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah..
The smartest thing you posted today!!!

Congrats!!! Well done, you can go home now.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#25 Mar 28, 2014
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditch the bank, yes.
Mattress .. i've more important business on that.
That's the best post I've seen in here so far,.. but I wish you
would freakin' stop trolling everyone ... alll the f'n time!
Get over all the petty grievances of yesterday Pedal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o1C3mVUkAt8XX&list=RDmlWS RIL97xo
The only troll I see is this DILF character and his many sign on names, and ip's, he spends all day trolling me, with halfwitted comebacks.
joker

Owensboro, KY

#26 Mar 28, 2014
deposited my paycheck at Chase bank around dec 13. my balance showed 6333. i thought they had deposited my check into the wrong account. imm went back in the bank. she said the machine read the numbers wrong? they fired the woman new hire. eastern european decent? should have kept the money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Subduction Zone 220,722
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 26 min 8541 MARINE 21,490
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 57 min -Papa-Smurf- 49,141
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 1 hr -Papa-Smurf- 10,380
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr andet1987 23,388
Memorable Movie Scenes. 1 hr -Count On Me- 88
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 73,435
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 3 hr Laura B S 6,901
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Sharlene45 213,276
More from around the web