7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC S...

7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara

There are 12 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from May 24, 2014, titled 7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Five Missouri ballot measures, including a statewide transportation sales tax and a gun rights measure, will be considered in August.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

suresh kumar

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 24, 2014
my sex all time call me girl
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub

Philadelphia, PA

#4 May 24, 2014
suresh kumar wrote:
my sex all time call me girl
Kumar will treat you to White Castle, ladies and gents. And he uses condoms!

(For any leftover fries.)

“June rose”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#5 May 25, 2014
HOW can anyone make fun of
a thread in honour of such a tragedy for
'so many' families...
Young people cut down in their prime ..
and for no reason.

My deep condolences to all concerned
In this most tragic event.
Ex Sen Rick Stillborn

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 25, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
'so many' families...
and for no reason.
You're being hysterical again.

Someone inappropriately posted some sort of bizarre, coded assignation for a hookup.

Then that post was properly ridiculed.

No one had yet posted anything about the mass shooting.
Question

Kansas City, MO

#7 May 25, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
'so many' families...
and for no reason.
Don't worry, it's all ok. Just go over to the "Tennessee brings back the electric chair" thread. Your friends seem to think its hilarious that innocent people are put in prison for life and sometimes even executed. What makes it such a "tragedy" that these people died and merely "unfortunate" that an entire nation murders an innocent person using the "law" as their excuse to get away with it. Besides, how do we know that those college kids were innocent? Maybe they weren't so innocent after all. No trial was held to determine if they deserved killing.
The Innocence Project has it at 18 so far the number of innocent people that have been wrongly executed. What makes this so much of a "tragedy" and just "unfortunate" when those that were actually found innocent were murdered? Why so selective when assigning what is and isn't a "tragedy"? What about the families of those 18? Or better yet, what about the families that those 18 were deprived of ever having? Do you feel terrible for them? Or do you relegate those feelings to those who weren't murdered "lawfully"?
Murder is murder. No matter how it's committed. Whether in a drive by or wrongly convicted and given the death penalty,

“June rose”

Level 8

‘

#8 May 25, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, it's all ok. Just go over to the "Tennessee brings back the electric chair" thread. Your friends seem to think its hilarious that innocent people are put in prison for life and sometimes even executed. What makes it such a "tragedy" that these people died and merely "unfortunate" that an entire nation murders an innocent person using the "law" as their excuse to get away with it. Besides, how do we know that those college kids were innocent? Maybe they weren't so innocent after all. No trial was held to determine if they deserved killing.
The Innocence Project has it at 18 so far the number of innocent people that have been wrongly executed. What makes this so much of a "tragedy" and just "unfortunate" when those that were actually found innocent were murdered? Why so selective when assigning what is and isn't a "tragedy"? What about the families of those 18? Or better yet, what about the families that those 18 were deprived of ever having? Do you feel terrible for them? Or do you relegate those feelings to those who weren't murdered "lawfully"?
Murder is murder. No matter how it's committed. Whether in a drive by or wrongly convicted and given the death penalty,
That seems to be the new trend,
If something happens and it is referred to,
Someone comes along and brings the whole world into
It and starts nitpicking as to>
What kind of characters were those who were accidentally shot..
what they had for breakfast etc!
etc.

I was just referring to the most recent incident, where seemingly
Innocent people were gunned down, others stabbed to death...for apparently no particular reason, other than the gunman, so it's been reported, had some problem
about having been disappointed in his love life.

Of course there are many tragedies happening daily,
we are all conscious of that- since we live in the same world...
But...
If we were to go over each and every one, we'd be here all day
'every 'day!
Ex Sen Rick Stillborn

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 25, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the idea that the poster you are addressing is Catholic. If so, she should in theory be opposed to capital punishment.

Although funny that the RCC doesn't speak up about that one as much as about teenagers touching themselves or about lgbt people....
Question

Kansas City, MO

#10 May 25, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be the new trend,
If something happens and it is referred to,
Someone comes along and brings the whole world into
It and starts nitpicking as to>
What kind of characters were those who were accidentally shot..
what they had for breakfast etc!
etc.
I was just referring to the most recent incident, where seemingly
Innocent people were gunned down, others stabbed to death...for apparently no particular reason, other than the gunman, so it's been reported, had some problem
about having been disappointed in his love life.
Of course there are many tragedies happening daily,
we are all conscious of that- since we live in the same world...
But...
If we were to go over each and every one, we'd be here all day
'every 'day!
Innocent people are dying every minute of every day. To put importance on only a select few, is to ignor the multitudes of other senseless deaths.
You're right about going over each and every one. We would be here all day every day. Maybe that's the way it should be.
Question

Kansas City, MO

#11 May 25, 2014
Ex Sen Rick Stillborn wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the idea that the poster you are addressing is Catholic. If so, she should in theory be opposed to capital punishment.
Although funny that the RCC doesn't speak up about that one as much as about teenagers touching themselves or about lgbt people....
Hate to disagree with you senator, but the Catholic Church is more "Pro" capital punishment than most think. It's just that they want to be the ones doing the punishing. But that's true with most religions. Until the 60s, they still advocated the extermination of the Jews.

Teen masterbation. Those Catholics and their fascination with sex and minors. Nothing like a quick game of "bugger the alter boy" to get an old priests heart rate up. Must be why they live so long.

“June rose”

Level 8

‘

#14 May 26, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to disagree with you senator, but the Catholic Church is more "Pro" capital punishment than most think. It's just that they want to be the ones doing the punishing. But that's true with most religions. Until the 60s, they still advocated the extermination of the Jews.
Teen masterbation. Those Catholics and their fascination with sex and minors. Nothing like a quick game of "bugger the alter boy" to get an old priests heart rate up. Must be why they live so long.
That is why the Catholic Church lost it's power,
It was found out, after the huge pedophile scandals
which erupted both in my
own country IRELAND and AMERICA...

Once they had tremendous power and in many ways
used it in the worst possible ways, ie.. hiding and farming out
Abusive priests who went on to abuse in other countries,
They were more concerned about preserving the name of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Than safeguarding their young - shameful.

As I grow older, I honestly cannot see a need for ANY religion,
They all have weird man made rules and are not happy until
They brainwash people into whatever 'they' believe.

I'm away from all that now..
and while I know I'm very far from perfect,
I feel, once I have my own moral compass,
respect my fellow 'man' to the best of my ability and the animals and world around me..
I am content enough with that...
Ad Hominem Faze

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 26, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay then, I stand corrupted.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#17 May 27, 2014
Emerald wrote:
At the amount of murders in this country, we'll soon run out of prison space. Most murderers do not get the death penalty unless the person is a mass murderer. It depends how vicious and deliberate the crime is and whether the murderer is suffering from mental disease or disorder. Elliot Rodger was mentally deranged in my opinion. Go and listen to his videos on Youtube that he made just days before the massacre. It really astounds me that such a fortunate young man like Elliot had lived a privileged life and drove around in a BMW, and had everything to live for, could suddenly throw it all away because of something he wanted and couldn't seem to have. It seems more then likely that girls thought Elliot was weird and were even afraid of him. Here are two videos of Elliot Rodger ranting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7KP62TE1prsXX - "Life is so unfair."
http://www.youtube.com/watch... - "Why do girls hate me?"
Interesting links, what an ego he had!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 199,200
Word Association (Mar '10) 18 min wichita-rick 20,389
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 23 min Bezeer 82,110
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min wichita-rick 192,749
it's the color yellow 29 min Bezeer 81
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 31 min Bezeer 11,508
One Word (Jan '09) 32 min Bezeer 16,263
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Jack 7,418
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,177
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 hr Jack 145,379