Emerald Tablet
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2013
What can you tell me about the Emerald Tablet of Hermes?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#2 Nov 21, 2013
That when it was translated, it revealed the notes about message receivers from the postal carrier of the Greek Gods.

Some bits that have been translated of the destination and package contents...

Heracles - steroids.
Helen of Troy - Phallic Chia Pet
Zeus - Paternity suit
Achilles - Steel Boots (Lost)
The Kraken - Sweet and Sour Chinese Shrimp.
Medusa - Vidal Sassoon Hair Gel
King Agamemnon - Artillery support (Lost)
Aphrodite - Restraining Order (Signature Required)
Loki - Acme brand Jet Powered Roller Skates
Ganesh - A ton of peanuts
Cerberus - 2 chew toys and a nerf ball
Charon - Evinrude 3.4L V6 300 hp outboard motor (Backorder)

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#3 Nov 22, 2013
"As above, so it is below…"

"As within, without as well…"

Greymouser is humorous.
Ace Teflon

Covington, LA

#4 Nov 23, 2013
So no one here knows anything about the Emerald Tablet?

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#5 Nov 23, 2013
It still didn't explain that whole Damascus steel thingy..useless tripe..like political speeches translated by CNN

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#6 Nov 23, 2013
justaguess wrote:
It still didn't explain that whole Damascus steel thingy..useless tripe..like political speeches translated by CNN
There are at least a dozen translations handed down thru the ages. Allegedly it is the basis or inspiration for alchemy.
Damascus steel thingy?…Can you elaborate?
Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 23, 2013
The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

The Precepts of Hermes, engraved upon the Emerald Tablet

1. Speak not fictitious things, but that which is certain and true.

2. What is below is like that which is above, and what is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of one thing.

3. And as all things were produced by the one word of one Being, so all things were produced from this one thing by adaptation.

4. Its father is the sun, its mother the moon; the wind carried it in its belly, its nurse is the earth.

5. It is the father of perfection throughout the world.

6. The power is vigorous if it be changed into earth.

7. Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, acting prudently and with judgment.

8. Ascend with the greatest sagacity from the earth to heaven, and then again, descend to the earth, and unite together the powers of things superior and things inferior. Thus will you obtain the glory of the whole world, and obscurity will fly far away from you.

9. this has more fortitude than fortitude itself; because it conquers every subtle thing and can penetrate every solid.

10. Thus the world was formed.

11. Hence proceed wonders, which are here established.

12. Therefore, I am called Hermes Trismegistus, having three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.

13. That which I had to say concerning the operation of the sun is completed.

http://www.crystalinks.com/emeraldprefacebw.h...

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#8 Nov 23, 2013
SimplyLoveYou wrote:
The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.
The Precepts of Hermes, engraved upon the Emerald Tablet
1. Speak not fictitious things, but that which is certain and true.
2. What is below is like that which is above, and what is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of one thing.
3. And as all things were produced by the one word of one Being, so all things were produced from this one thing by adaptation.
4. Its father is the sun, its mother the moon; the wind carried it in its belly, its nurse is the earth.
5. It is the father of perfection throughout the world.
6. The power is vigorous if it be changed into earth.
7. Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, acting prudently and with judgment.
8. Ascend with the greatest sagacity from the earth to heaven, and then again, descend to the earth, and unite together the powers of things superior and things inferior. Thus will you obtain the glory of the whole world, and obscurity will fly far away from you.
9. this has more fortitude than fortitude itself; because it conquers every subtle thing and can penetrate every solid.
10. Thus the world was formed.
11. Hence proceed wonders, which are here established.
12. Therefore, I am called Hermes Trismegistus, having three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
13. That which I had to say concerning the operation of the sun is completed.
http://www.crystalinks.com/emeraldprefacebw.h...
Thank you very much. I will click on the link you gave me.

Here is the kind of post I am asking for.
If I knew more about the Emerald Tablet I would have no need to start a thread.
Th ank you again.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#9 Nov 23, 2013
Saint Edward wrote:
<quoted text>
There are at least a dozen translations handed down thru the ages. Allegedly it is the basis or inspiration for alchemy.
Damascus steel thingy?…Can you elaborate?
I was making pun of the concept that the translations attempt to be the theory of everything, kind of the sun meets the son, or sons as it were, the example I used was the lost art of creating Damascus steel..

In a way it's a bit like Obi Wan attempting to disclose the secret of the force to a naive Luke Skywalker by saying, "Look ma, no Hans !"

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 23, 2013
I know emerald is the birthstone for May...:)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#11 Nov 23, 2013
Ok.

Took a look at the Emerald Tablets.

At the time, it looks like it was "secret" knowledge of alchemy.

It looks to be as accurate as the 4 humors (sanguine, choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic) or the 4 basic elementals (earth, water, fire, air).

It was a nice try at explaining the world, but falls short when put to the test.

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12 Nov 23, 2013
greymouser wrote:
Ok.
Took a look at the Emerald Tablets.
At the time, it looks like it was "secret" knowledge of alchemy.
It looks to be as accurate as the 4 humors (sanguine, choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic) or the 4 basic elementals (earth, water, fire, air).
It was a nice try at explaining the world, but falls short when put to the test.
Follow the link above. You will find much more.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#13 Nov 23, 2013
Saint Edward wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the link above. You will find much more.
I did.

And it was full of weasel words worthy of a late night TV scam-ercial.

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Nov 24, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
And it was full of weasel words worthy of a late night TV scam-ercial.
I appreciate your contribution. Maybe it's akin to mining; a gem discovered after digging thru tons of dirt?
I am digging.
TY.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 24, 2013
Hardly any e-books available for it at all.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#16 Nov 24, 2013
You kill me Clem! LOL

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#17 Nov 24, 2013
Don't ask me how I got thru college...
of course you still had to have an inventive mind.

“Never go to my youtube channel”

Since: Sep 13

United Kingdom

#18 Nov 24, 2013
Ace Teflon wrote:
So no one here knows anything about the Emerald Tablet?
Not me at least still trying to research myself......

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#19 Nov 24, 2013
I found some info and links at wikipedia several days ago. I wanted to see how many people here now about it.
I'm just curious about things like that. In a week to ten days I should be able to post new info here...kinda like a report.
Thank you to everyone participating in this discussion.
Luv.

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#20 Nov 24, 2013
Greymouser
I don't know why I'm doing this, but the Spirit moves me to tell you you're cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 3 min ImFree2Choose 43,747
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min ImFree2Choose 34,520
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Minus Man_ 189,033
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 11 min Childbirth 13,040
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 12 min Southern 7,851
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min ImFree2Choose 59,058
One Word (Jan '09) 13 min Berry Nice 15,099
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 20 min streetglidehoney 5,266
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 21 min Avian Delights 1,699
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 55,637
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 144,035
More from around the web