Why should obese women be proud of th...
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#135 Feb 15, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
Obesity is unhealthy, why be proud of that?
Hey - Don't believe I've ever run across you before. How about you ... ever seen me out here before or have we ever spoken? Got a profile ... any socks ... many other gray names?
Whaaat? I'm curious like anyone else may possibly be. You sure have created a winner here.

Are you suggesting it's just women? Please tell me about your mother and her health and weight.
I know my brothers were so turned off to my mother and I've been freaked out with fear I ever resemble her, that they became very shallow in their thinking about this issue and hurt other women because of it.

There is a very fine LINE drawn between healthy and Obese. Please tell me what you know of that. This is a very sensitive topic to many since societies way of viewing and profiling people across the lands has always been quite shallow indeed.

I've read through this a bit and I must say to all of you ... If we are offended at all, then why is this discussion still at the Top of most discussed? Whatever .. hope you're all enjoying yourselves.

See Ya

PS, I'll read answers ... but don't find it necessary to speak again. Thanks

OUT

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#136 Feb 15, 2014
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Pais!
this one reminded me of the deep-seated truth..."you are a soul. you have a body."
that's why I like it here, you can pretty clearly see the beauty (or alas, sometimes utter lack of it) of posters' spirits w/o the distraction of physicality.
Hope you're enjoying this LONG weekend!!
Hi Debra, it's been awhile! A lovely surprise to 'see' you, too. The freedom that a lack of physicality enables has always intrigued and fascinated me about this place, too. I've been amazed at what some folks have chosen to put forth in this medium, sometimes in a way that commands my respect and admiration, amazed at the moments some posters have opened my mind and stretched my world a little, and then amazed and stunned, that some have nothing but ugly to say. I guess we've all given ourselves permission at some point, at some level of provocation, to be ugly at least once, that is human and healthy minds strive to grow out of and above it. Others, once they cross that line it's like they're swirling around with the toilet water-----in a toilet that never flushes, lol. But folks reveal themselves, all the same.
I am relaxing this weekend, thank you. I hope you and yours are having a nice one, too.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#137 Feb 15, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>wow! I'm speechless. Props you!!(Y)
You're very kind, I'm flattered. Thank you

:-)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#138 Feb 15, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - Don't believe I've ever run across you before. How about you ... ever seen me out here before or have we ever spoken? Got a profile ... any socks ... many other gray names?
Whaaat? I'm curious like anyone else may possibly be. You sure have created a winner here.
Are you suggesting it's just women? Please tell me about your mother and her health and weight.
I know my brothers were so turned off to my mother and I've been freaked out with fear I ever resemble her, that they became very shallow in their thinking about this issue and hurt other women because of it.
There is a very fine LINE drawn between healthy and Obese. Please tell me what you know of that. This is a very sensitive topic to many since societies way of viewing and profiling people across the lands has always been quite shallow indeed.
I've read through this a bit and I must say to all of you ... If we are offended at all, then why is this discussion still at the Top of most discussed? Whatever .. hope you're all enjoying yourselves.
See Ya
PS, I'll read answers ... but don't find it necessary to speak again. Thanks
OUT
I think you've made a good point here that attitudes about obesity can stem from a young man's perceptions of his mother.
I have found that sons with loving mothers who were/are heavy, who had healthy relationships with their mothers, tend to be lax even about heaviness in their own choices of mates.
Sons who had dysfunctional relationships with self-absorbed/centered mothers,(about the only thing that'll make a bad mother out of a woman), who were/are heavy associate her weight with more negative/undesirable personality traits and tend to abhor them.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#139 Feb 15, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
I keep seeing this thread and think about responding...but have refrained from responding til now....
Why don't fat women forget about their bodies..be themselves...geniune true....nothing is more beautiful to M.E. than that...
Heredity plays a part in everyone's looks...it has nothing to do with the person...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!eati ng is not what makes many fat...they are born into it....fat people in their genes...they can't help it...If you don't like...leave them alone...lol.
The true person is the one inside...if they choose to hide..you'll never know them...geniune and true...is the only shot at knowing them....
M.E...
You're a goodun'!
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

#140 Feb 15, 2014
BLAH,BLAH, BLAH,,,Every lard-ass knows whats going on. Let them deal with it. It's hard enough to be normal and ten times harder to be obese,,,,,,,,( hope youse fattys get help and healthy),,,,,,

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#145 Feb 15, 2014
... i think it's the word obese that draws the ire of many ... maybe a name change would help ... i like the word meatly myself ...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#147 Feb 16, 2014
If you look at the Rubinesque figures in 16 century art....yes! Guys love meat on those bones! I knew gorgeous girls that only dated fat men "Chubby Chasers!" Everyone thought the reason I got divorced is because my California big breasted, long blonde, long legged, skinny wife got obese. She divorced my arse! She is still sexy!...and even heavier.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#149 Feb 16, 2014
Yes depression makes you very thin....the medication does the opposite. My gorgeous ex wife said she would rather be obese and alive over having a gorgeous cadaver in her coffin.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#150 Feb 16, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>The body is not who you are BUT it is a reflection of who you are. If you're a couch potato or a lazy bum it will be clear by looking at your body. If you're a hard worker it will also be clear.
You actions reflects on you...
TheHardTruth

Newburgh, NY

#151 Feb 16, 2014
Okay, this thread has gone to far. Sorry to anyone I offended, I will no longer be posting on this thread.
Orca Winfrey

Huntington, NY

#152 Feb 17, 2014
I'm proud of my bodies!!!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#153 Feb 17, 2014
everyone looks great

worry more about the things that stain your soul and come out of your mouth...there seems to be a lot of anger loose in the world. Just drive a car to witness (or read here, lol)
Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#154 Feb 18, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
QUICK.......Which weighs more.....
A ton of lead or a ton of feathers???
:^`?
LOL.
Exactly.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#155 Feb 20, 2014

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#156 Feb 20, 2014
just_ola wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moi5GFfhrNoXX
man do I have a story about some naughty nanny's I'll have to tell ya sometime....

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157 Feb 21, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>man do I have a story about some naughty nanny's I'll have to tell ya sometime....
oh my...do tell...=)

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#158 Feb 21, 2014
Well let's add "obese men" to that question, and then state – well why would they be ashamed of them either? We all are what we are, Dude quit caring so much what people look like! I've met nasty and nice people on both sides of the obesity dividing line.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#159 Feb 21, 2014
I fail to see why one should be proud about letting one's self go. That doesn't take any effort, unless you count the effort of over eating.

So long as you are reasonable about it and not comparing yourself to some unattainable photo-shopped super model standard, I also personally think a little self-shaming is healthy and motivating.

Not just for women, but men too.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#160 Apr 12, 2015
Why should they not be? It is their body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 2 min Mega Monster 5,213
Word Association (Mar '10) 3 min Mega Monster 20,396
Word Association (Jun '10) 4 min Mega Monster 30,657
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 4 min andet1987 1,072
One Word (Jan '09) 6 min Mega Monster 16,281
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 6 min Rev Cash Dollar 24
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min Hoosier Hillbilly 10,143
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min Mega Monster 56,819
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 59 min sounds average to me 7,200
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Grey Daze 192,795
True False Game (Jun '11) 4 hr andet1987 12,397
More from around the web