“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#108 Feb 14, 2014
Cyan in CA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Liam,
I just want to say that I have never read a post of yours that I didn't enjoy...you are a very special guy and a constant bright spot on this forum!(((Hug)))
(BTW, not that it matters, but I am 5'6", 112#, and a P.A., Specializing in weight management.)
why thank you Cyan, I enjoy your posts as well! And you just described my wife, who is also into weight management, but just her own. Lol!
Happy valentines day Cyan!
Parden Pard

Catasauqua, PA

#109 Feb 14, 2014
Hey ,,Hello both of youse,,,I'm also in weight management,,,I try to eat only one cheese steak a day and a plate of pasta nightly. Three beers and 3 shots do me in the evening,,,Ohhh during the day I make Dagwood samiches to keep me going,,,I work out and only weight 600lbs,,,,(joke) 210lbs @ six-four,,,,,,,go figure,,,,,(hey Cy)

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#110 Feb 14, 2014
Parden Pard wrote:
Hey ,,Hello both of youse,,,I'm also in weight management,,,I try to eat only one cheese steak a day and a plate of pasta nightly. Three beers and 3 shots do me in the evening,,,Ohhh during the day I make Dagwood samiches to keep me going,,,I work out and only weight 600lbs,,,,(joke) 210lbs @ six-four,,,,,,,go figure,,,,,(hey Cy)
lol...you fat sucker....:)...

that's nothing...I work continually to keep my weight down..not for looks but for health..6'2" and try to keep it under 220...

whew...do I exercise...:)

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#114 Feb 14, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>Genetics may in some cases make someone fat but not OBESE.
Truly dude...You are clueless...

cut and dry...

look for the skinny...okay....leave the fat people alone...

;)

I ride a bike 50 miles a day..to stay slim...It doesn't work...I'm 6'2'...still weigh between 200-220...

so you tell me..I stay below 3000 calories a day..my exercise alone should burn more than that....tell M.E. what I'm doing wrong....I know...You ARE clueless...you think you know something...but are sadly mistaken.....good luck with that...:)

M.E.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#115 Feb 14, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't bother reading your whole post because quite frankly I don't care much.?
thats quite obvious, truth hurts huh.

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#116 Feb 14, 2014
... your obese when you have to call donuts , dunots ...
Susan Powter

Medford, NY

#117 Feb 15, 2014
Obese women should be proud of themselves, not their bodies.

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#121 Feb 15, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>You're truly clueless huh? 6'2 220 is not obese. Run along
No, but over weight according to health charts..I should weigh in the low 190s..depending on muscle structure...and my point was..weight loss isn't always easy no matter how much effort you put into it..

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#123 Feb 15, 2014
Good morning.
Many people do not realize that muscle weighs more than fat.
Imagine two people of the same height, say 6 foot, both weighs in at 220.
One is a couch potato, the other a bulging muscled weight lifter.
You see?
One mans 6-pack of beer is another mans 6-pack abs.
;-)

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#124 Feb 15, 2014
..." ifin God is in everything,some just have a bit more God in them" ...

... late uncle Levon ...
Independent

United States

#125 Feb 15, 2014
TenderTink wrote:
Good morning.
Many people do not realize that muscle weighs more than fat.
Imagine two people of the same height, say 6 foot, both weighs in at 220.
One is a couch potato, the other a bulging muscled weight lifter.
You see?
One mans 6-pack of beer is another mans 6-pack abs.
;-)
QUICK.......Which weighs more.....
A ton of lead or a ton of feathers???

:^`?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#126 Feb 15, 2014
Sheesh America is raising obese kids. The price of food and living is inflating while pay and hours are falling, and the healthy food is the EXPENSIVE food. Look at your ingredients; bread, jellies, peanut butter, yogurt, SALAD dressings,(yes eat healthy, eat a salad!), breakfast cereals, nutrition bars, most of them now contain High Fructos Corn Syrup (HFCS). It is corn syrup that is refined like gasoline and similar in viscosity. It can be 100Xs sweeter than sugar. It is a GMO product and much cheaper for food corporations to use than sugar.
It acts on the pancreas to shut-down insulin production so that your body can't break down the incredibly high levels of sugar in the bloodstream. Chronic high levels of sugar in the bloodstream, that's how diabetes does its damage to all organs/tissues in the body. That also shuts off your 'full button' which results in overeating on a regular basis. And that's not counting dessert...
It's possible without even realizing it that you could feed your child high levels of HFCS all three meals a day, every day and not even realize it. Obese kids grow up to be obese adults.
Consumer awareness has helped create a demand that a few name brands have responded with products that advertise no HFCS, like some bread bakeries have. Jif and Welch's have come out with 'natural' versions of their peanut butter and jelly that are made with regular sugar and thankfully no more expensive than their other products. Little Debbie's uses sugar.
And that's just addressing the HFCS exacerbation of obesity. There are others, like aspartame even in sugared gums---it increases appetite.
To buy the products that don't contain poisons like GMOs growth hormones, antibiotics, or HFCS can be a pricey grocery ticket.
Little Debbie's is a LOT cheaper for snacks for 3 kids than granola mix is. It's all like that.
Buyer, please become aware, and beware.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#127 Feb 15, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
Your point is moot because it's impossible to eat healthy and exercise regularly and be OBESE.
Come at me brahs
Bullshit. Many people who are trying to eat healthy within their budgets are being chemically sabotaged without their awareness. If you're not drinking and eating hormone-free dairy alone, you've got a growth hormone working against your efforts and those with susceptible metabolisms or thyroid issues will lose the battle.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#128 Feb 15, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
Obesity is unhealthy, why be proud of that?
Here's a better question, why be 'proud' of your body?
I appreciate my body. My legs carry me where I want to go, my arms accomplish the tasks I wish to perform, whether that be making a meal, drawing blueprints for a landscape design, paddling a kayak, or caressing my husband. Sometimes when my legs carry me where I want to go, my eyes behold great vistas and sights. They see everything I need them to see. And my ears can listen to a friend or loved one, and through them music that stirs the soul can enter. I love my body for what it does for me, it's been very capable and has held-up well over this almost half-century.
But, proud? No. Being proud implies a belief on my part that objectifies my body. That makes it something to be observed and appraised of it's worth based on it's visual appeal to an impossible standard. Being proud of my body creates a future that as I age will cause me to hate my body and mourn the loss of it's 'perfections'. Being proud of my body almost guarantees self-loathing would be in my future.
So I don't think anyone should be 'proud' of their bodies, there needs to be an perception-shift at a deep personal AND cultural level that makes that notion sound absurd to the healthy mind, if this trend of increasing ill-health is to be reversed.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#129 Feb 15, 2014
I think ALL should come to love and appreciate their bodies, in action as well as feeling; folks take care of things they love.

“Fishin' in the Moonlight”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#130 Feb 15, 2014
if you're happy in your skin be proud of it, if not then make the necessary changes. It all comes down to personal preferences and no one should get belittled for physical appearances, I'm sure we all could've turned out better or worse so just be happy for what you have inside, those are the things we can control.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#131 Feb 15, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a better question, why be 'proud' of your body?
I appreciate my body. My legs carry me where I want to go, my arms accomplish the tasks I wish to perform, whether that be making a meal, drawing blueprints for a landscape design, paddling a kayak, or caressing my husband. Sometimes when my legs carry me where I want to go, my eyes behold great vistas and sights. They see everything I need them to see. And my ears can listen to a friend or loved one, and through them music that stirs the soul can enter. I love my body for what it does for me, it's been very capable and has held-up well over this almost half-century.
But, proud? No. Being proud implies a belief on my part that objectifies my body. That makes it something to be observed and appraised of it's worth based on it's visual appeal to an impossible standard. Being proud of my body creates a future that as I age will cause me to hate my body and mourn the loss of it's 'perfections'. Being proud of my body almost guarantees self-loathing would be in my future.
So I don't think anyone should be 'proud' of their bodies, there needs to be an perception-shift at a deep personal AND cultural level that makes that notion sound absurd to the healthy mind, if this trend of increasing ill-health is to be reversed.
hey Pais!

this one reminded me of the deep-seated truth..."you are a soul. you have a body."

that's why I like it here, you can pretty clearly see the beauty (or alas, sometimes utter lack of it) of posters' spirits w/o the distraction of physicality.

Hope you're enjoying this LONG weekend!!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#132 Feb 15, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
I keep seeing this thread and think about responding...but have refrained from responding til now....
Why don't fat women forget about their bodies..be themselves...geniune true....nothing is more beautiful to M.E. than that...
Heredity plays a part in everyone's looks...it has nothing to do with the person...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!eati ng is not what makes many fat...they are born into it....fat people in their genes...they can't help it...If you don't like...leave them alone...lol.
The true person is the one inside...if they choose to hide..you'll never know them...geniune and true...is the only shot at knowing them....
M.E...
...Well said M.E.

The body is only where we live..That is not the person we are..Take a moment and see the person of who they truly are.You may be surprised :o)

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#133 Feb 15, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>...Well said M.E.
The body is only where we live..That is not the person we are..Take a moment and see the person of who they truly are.You may be surprised :o)
finally..lol..someone that has some common sense...

I grew tired of the dude with no sense....

Have a good evening Ma'am....

M.E....:)

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#134 Feb 15, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a better question, why be 'proud' of your body?
wow! I'm speechless. Props you!!(Y)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of people's names.. 2 min Mr_FX 5
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 5 min Mr_FX 132
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min Mr_FX 8,142
Word Association (Jun '10) 9 min Mr_FX 27,421
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 161,814
Things that make life eaiser... 11 min Mr_FX 265
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Subduction Zone 161,759
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 27 min Spotted Girl 178
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 10,908
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Enter Username 29,001
News Naked Couple Busted For Sex In Library Loo 6 hr Enzo49 23
More from around the web