Why should obese women be proud of th...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#81 Feb 14, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>not always, the " hard "'truth is over eating isn't the only thing that can cause someone to be over weight
Lack of Energy Balance
A lack of energy balance most often causes overweight and obesity. Energy balance means that your energy IN equals your energy OUT.
Energy IN is the amount of energy or calories you get from food and drinks. Energy OUT is the amount of energy your body uses for things like breathing, digesting, and being physically active.
To maintain a healthy weight, your energy IN and OUT don't have to balance exactly every day. It's the balance over time that helps you maintain a healthy weight.
The same amount of energy IN and energy OUT over time = weight stays the same
More energy IN than energy OUT over time = weight gain
More energy OUT than energy IN over time = weight loss
Environment
Our environment doesn't support healthy lifestyle habits; in fact, it encourages obesity. Some reasons include:
Genes and Family History
Studies of identical twins who have been raised apart show that genes have a strong influence on a person's weight. Overweight and obesity tend to run in families. Your chances of being overweight are greater if one or both of your parents are overweight or obese.
Health Conditions
Some hormone problems may cause overweight and obesity, such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), Cushing's syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Underactive thyroid is a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn't make enough thyroid hormone. Lack of thyroid hormone will slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain. You'll also feel tired and weak.
This is only a few reasons, before making comments you should know the "truth"
Great Post liam .....Meds can even cause weigh gain...
FREAKY FERRET

Virginia Beach, VA

#83 Feb 14, 2014
dem wrote:
I'm so proud of my fat self that I let fat dudes watch while other fat dudes fk me.
Where's all the fat dudes at?!
TheHardTruth

New York, NY

#86 Feb 14, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>That is a sickness and they don't see that..Sad to say.....You never know why they got this way.It could be cause someone made fun of them how they looked...Would you want that on your hands?
Just answer the question. Yes or no?
TheHardTruth

New York, NY

#88 Feb 14, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Great Post liam .....Meds can even cause weigh gain...
Meds may cause slight weight gain but not obesity. It is impossible to eat right and exercise and become OBESE.
FREAKY FERRET

Portsmouth, VA

#89 Feb 14, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
2-tons of man fun coming on my face, because I'm a phaggot.
I generally follow that up with a good salad-tossing.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#91 Feb 14, 2014
People on this forum need to grow up!

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#92 Feb 14, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>Meds may cause slight weight gain but not obesity. It is impossible to eat right and exercise and become OBESE.
Some hormone problems may cause overweight and obesity, such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), Cushing's syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

Underactive thyroid is a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn't make enough thyroid hormone. Lack of thyroid hormone will slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain. You'll also feel tired and weak.

What's your take on this reason.
Boombalatty

United States

#93 Feb 14, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
People on this forum need to grow up!
Maybe true, but you really need to get a new line.
And what is with the exclamation points for everything! Have you never heard of a period? Are you that crazy you yell in excitement every time you speak?
Moderate Observer

Huntington, NY

#94 Feb 14, 2014
Boombalatty wrote:
<quoted text> Have you never heard of a period?
Isn't that kinda personal?

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#95 Feb 14, 2014
0FF T0PIC wrote:
Of course we know it's men and women, children and some even kill their pets with unhealthy diets.
Liam never did explain why he has such a strong opinion, yet he wonders why any of us would. Hmmm
What kind of ice cream do you like anyhow? ps.
My strong opinion is based on the fact that anyone who may be obese is going to find this thread offensive.
What I wonder is what the purpose of starting a thread like this is. Hmmmm? It's quite obvious that someone will be offended by it. People that are entertained by things like this annoy me. Just like people who are chauvinistic, prejudice, bully's, or folks that pick on other folks because their over weight. Maybe that wasn't the purpose of this thread, but I felt it was. Not because I'm over weight, I have plenty of RW friends on here who can vouch for that for me and my family. I just have a soft spot for the under dog, I always have.
As for ice cream, if that question was intended for me, the only kind I don't care for is coffee flavored, but I'll still eat it.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96 Feb 14, 2014
Boombalatty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe true, but you really need to get a new line.
And what is with the exclamation points for everything! Have you never heard of a period? Are you that crazy you yell in excitement every time you speak?
LOL!

“Passionate Globetrotter”

Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#97 Feb 14, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>My strong opinion is based on the fact that anyone who may be obese is going to find this thread offensive.
What I wonder is what the purpose of starting a thread like this is. Hmmmm? It's quite obvious that someone will be offended by it. People that are entertained by things like this annoy me. Just like people who are chauvinistic, prejudice, bully's, or folks that pick on other folks because their over weight. Maybe that wasn't the purpose of this thread, but I felt it was. Not because I'm over weight, I have plenty of RW friends on here who can vouch for that for me and my family. I just have a soft spot for the under dog, I always have.
As for ice cream, if that question was intended for me, the only kind I don't care for is coffee flavored, but I'll still eat it.
Hi Liam,
I just want to say that I have never read a post of yours that I didn't enjoy...you are a very special guy and a constant bright spot on this forum!(((Hug)))
(BTW, not that it matters, but I am 5'6", 112#, and a P.A., Specializing in weight management.)
TheHardTruth

New York, NY

#98 Feb 14, 2014
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>
My strong opinion is based on the fact that anyone who may be obese is going to find this thread offensive.
Do you think that anorexic women should be proud of their bodies? A yes or no will suffice

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#99 Feb 14, 2014
1st. liam as long as your loved and appreciated weight is a 2nd consideration.
Cyan you say your 5'6" - 112#,( you forgot to mention your age )[ not that it matters-'i' love you anyhow] "Teasing", but what's a short skinny girl like you doing on here? ROTFLMAO
= I could say alot more but 'i' won't!=

PS: Now 'i' guess 'i' understand how & why you can post during working hours. Tee Hee!
PLEASE don't ask 'me' to explain that!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#100 Feb 14, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
1st. liam as long as your loved and appreciated weight is a 2nd consideration.
Cyan you say your 5'6" - 112#,( you forgot to mention your age )[ not that it matters-'i' love you anyhow] "Teasing", but what's a short skinny girl like you doing on here? ROTFLMAO
= I could say alot more but 'i' won't!=
PS: Now 'i' guess 'i' understand how & why you can post during working hours. Tee Hee!
PLEASE don't ask 'me' to explain that!
in what universe is 5'6 short?

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#101 Feb 14, 2014
PS: Your posts reflect your knowledge, skill, and mental comprehension of life.
*=* Your Special!*=*

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#102 Feb 14, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that anorexic women should be proud of their bodies? A yes or no will suffice
is this a rhetorical question? Their not proud of their bodies hence the reason they are anorexic. So no.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#103 Feb 14, 2014
I need not say anything else here...I said what I had to say and leave it at that...

Have a good day!!!

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#106 Feb 14, 2014
I keep seeing this thread and think about responding...but have refrained from responding til now....

Why don't fat women forget about their bodies..be themselves...geniune true....nothing is more beautiful to M.E. than that...

Heredity plays a part in everyone's looks...it has nothing to do with the person...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!eati ng is not what makes many fat...they are born into it....fat people in their genes...they can't help it...If you don't like...leave them alone...lol.

The true person is the one inside...if they choose to hide..you'll never know them...geniune and true...is the only shot at knowing them....

M.E...

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#107 Feb 14, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that anorexia is an eating disorder, just like obesity don't you? Why should obese people be proud while anorexics shouldn't be?
Come at me brahs
What is obesity?
A person with anorexia nervosa may define obesity as a weight gain of five pounds, from 89 to 94. A grandmother past menopause may call herself obese because she carries 165 pounds on her large-boned, muscular body. A modeling agency may talk about obesity when one of the women on the payroll puts 135 pounds on her 5'10" body.

None of these women is clinically obese. The anorexic and the model are underweight.

Men are split in their personal definitions of obesity. Many are just as concerned about overweight as women are, while others, frankly rotund, believe they are just fine, perfectly healthy, and universally attractive to potential romantic partners.

Physicians consider a person to obese if s/he weighs more than 20% above expected weight for age, height, and body build. Morbid or malignant obesity is weight in excess of 100 pounds above that expected for age, height, and build.

In recent years, the definition of expected, or healthy, weight has expanded to include more pounds per height in view of research that links reduced mortality (longer lives) with more weight than is currently considered fashionable.

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder that causes people to obsess about their weight and the food they eat. People with anorexia nervosa attempt to maintain a weight that's far below normal for their age and height. To prevent weight gain or to continue losing weight, people with anorexia nervosa may starve themselves or exercise excessively.

Anorexia (an-oh-REK-see-uh) nervosa isn't really about food. It's an unhealthy way to try to cope with emotional problems. When you have anorexia nervosa, you often equate thinness with self-worth.

Anorexia nervosa can be difficult to overcome. But with treatment, you can gain a better sense of who you are, return to healthier eating habits and reverse some of anorexia's serious complications.

There not the same " brah "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min SweLL GirL 145,407
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min andet1987 18,005
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 199,228
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,192
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 13 min andet1987 27,411
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 14 min wichita-rick 14
Post any FOUR words 19 min andet1987 935
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 27 min Crystal_Clear722 7,188
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min Northbound 192,772
True False Game (Jun '11) 39 min andet1987 12,387