Why should obese women be proud of th...
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#21 Feb 13, 2014
keyboardwarrior wrote:
<quoted text>Please control yourself, it's a simple question
What was the question???? I'm watching all of you people, so don't tell me to control myself!
Bunch of dern burnouts and drug addicts!
Level 5

Location hidden

#22 Feb 13, 2014
keyboardwarrior wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we shame smokers but not obese people? Thet do it to themselves just like smokers. Don't come with that thyroid crap because the majority of obese people eat to much and don't exercise plain and simple
It's not thyroid crap! People who are obese 300 and 400 pounds do it to themselves for some kind of self indulgence punishment!
They don't have the proper positive encouragement in their lives to get them on a decent track of life......

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#23 Feb 13, 2014
TenderTink wrote:
The Measure of a Man
http://youtu.be/SsHGUIDMps4
Cool ! Perfect also I agree
Exactly what I meant when I said we HAVE TO have the ability to be proud of OURSELVES
A LOT of self diagnosis & very much OVER diagnoses of all manner of problems ,both real & imagined & certain people ,teens,people who already had some issues can succumb to a lot of simple problems,that become life threatening.
I wrote a few lines once about the ability to be comfortable in our own skin ,it applies here also , I am proud to be my own best friend , I speak with people frequently about having the ability to support OURSELVES , not trying to ramble ,but supporting others & ourselves is a necessary evil. Rick

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#24 Feb 13, 2014
LIVING INSIDE MYSELF - GINO VANNELLI -(1981)
http://youtu.be/MOKLQPPMPdM

Found this also,. is appropriate. have known & currently know people from all types of conditions & situations,lost to many friends to addiction or reckless behavior or suicide ,weight problems are in the same category as a lot of other issues life has for us .
Have seen people dry up, only to lose themselves eating ,way to many Americans drink a LG. volume of soda & eat pure junk . is a broad subject. Rick
Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Feb 13, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
LIVING INSIDE MYSELF - GINO VANNELLI -(1981)
http://youtu.be/MOKLQPPMPdM
Found this also,. is appropriate. have known & currently know people from all types of conditions & situations,lost to many friends to addiction or reckless behavior or suicide ,weight problems are in the same category as a lot of other issues life has for us .
Have seen people dry up, only to lose themselves eating ,way to many Americans drink a LG. volume of soda & eat pure junk .

>> is a broad subject. Rick
LOL
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#26 Feb 13, 2014
It's not so much that 'they' should be proud of their bodies, it's just that neither should they [or anyone else] be ashamed of their bodies. Because the way our bodies look is not a moral issue, and it has nothing to do with the type of person, a person is. It's kind of a non-issue in other words, and when someone points out or makes issue with another person's body type well, it says more about the commenter than it does the heavy/thin person... their general lack of maturity, and perspective on life. I've worked hard keeping my body relatively thin and in good tone, simply because I feel better that way and makes it easier to do by outdoor activities. But if someone is not like that, it's none of my business (or anyone else's).
Independent

United States

#27 Feb 13, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
What was the question????
"Why should obese women be proud of their bodies?"

Not a question of how their lazy arses got that way, nor about your pipe dreams of running a fat ranch.

Simple question, really.

Quit being so hard on folks for staying on topic.

:^`D
Level 5

Location hidden

#28 Feb 13, 2014
PDX Dave wrote:
It's not so much that 'they' should be proud of their bodies, it's just that neither should they [or anyone else] be ashamed of their bodies. Because the way our bodies look is not a moral issue, and it has nothing to do with the type of person, a person is. It's kind of a non-issue in other words, and when someone points out or makes issue with another person's body type well, it says more about the commenter than it does the heavy/thin person... their general lack of maturity, and perspective on life. I've worked hard keeping my body relatively thin and in good tone, simply because I feel better that way and makes it easier to do by outdoor activities. But if someone is not like that, it's none of my business (or anyone else's).
Oh please....You are the first one to make fun of 'fluffy' people!
Independent

United States

#29 Feb 13, 2014
PDX Dave wrote:
Because the way our bodies look is not a moral issue,
Oh but it is a moral issue when they allow themselves to become obese. I would guess that most of them cost society with the illnesses caused by being so obese. They can't pay the hospital bills because they ate every penny that goes through their worthless fingers. So it falls onto the healthy working folks to pay their way.
Too obese to work.....we give em welfare, food stamps and free medical and send special buses to haul their lazy fat arses around.

Remember, we are talking obese, not fat.
Giving them sympathy is just enabling them.
Remember tough love?
Truth is always best.

:^`P
Independent

United States

#30 Feb 13, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Oh please....You are the first one to make fun of 'fluffy' people!
And you are the first one to make fun of 'drug friends'.

So what's your point?
Hypocrite!

:^`/
Not Anorexic

Jackson, MO

#31 Feb 13, 2014
TheHardTruth wrote:
I understand someone with a disease, but the majority of obese people got that way from eating doritos and farting on a couch watching tv. I don't understand why we shame smokers but embrace obese people
Did you know that smokers are prone to gaining weight faster than other people.

Obese people crack me up when they walk into a fast food joint and order a supersized meal and dessert and then order a diet cola.
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, we are talking obese, not fat.
Giving them sympathy is just enabling them.
Remember tough love?
Truth is always best.
:^`P
If anyone checked to see what is the norm and how much we should weigh at certain height or age, it is odd. I'm 5'5" over fifty and weigh 140. I'm on the cusp of being average (normal) and obese. Go figure!

I understand that some have medical issues and medications add weight, but many are just fat and do nothing to prevent it. They are lazy and enjoy junk food.
The Ladies Man

Huntington, NY

#32 Feb 13, 2014
I'd rather kiss a smoker than a fat chick (provided the smoker is NOT a fat chick herself).
Phuny

United States

#33 Feb 13, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
is a broad subject. Rick
LOL I see what you did there.
Level 5

Location hidden

#34 Feb 13, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your point?
Hypocrite!
Was I talking to you????? Was I talking to you????
Level 5

Location hidden

#35 Feb 13, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your point?
Hypocrite!
I'm not making fun of 'drug friends', that's what Ola calls them!
keyboardwarrior

Brooklyn, NY

#36 Feb 13, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you people grow up! You act like a bunch of tea party rejects smoking crack, bunch of dope friends!
Also why are you attacking drug addicts? They're people who are on the wrong track as well.

Easy easy
Independent

United States

#37 Feb 13, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Was I talking to you????? Was I talking to you????
Stutter much?

Little darlin', when you post on a public forum, you're 'talking' to everyone.

And the point is still the same.
U B A Hypocrite.
Independent

United States

#38 Feb 13, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
I'm not making fun of 'drug friends', that's what Ola calls them!
Pretty typical of you......blame someone else for YOUR continued misuse of the English language.

:^`D
Uh Oh

Jackson, MO

#39 Feb 13, 2014
Phuny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I see what you did there.
I cut that. Pardon the pun, EH?

That is phunny.
Uh Oh

Jackson, MO

#40 Feb 13, 2014
**those two distracted me

I meant to say, I caught that. Don't know how I planned to spell it, looks like it would have been a big fat typo. Doh! Pardon the pun and off topic pun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Life Story 209,871
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 21 min whatimeisit 785
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 31 min whatimeisit 83,470
The Letter B (Jun '09) 43 min whatimeisit 5,809
One Word (Jan '09) 45 min whatimeisit 18,203
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 49 min whatimeisit 6,127
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 50 min Comma not a period 17,008
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Tex 13,549
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 1 hr andet1987 1,921
More from around the web