SHILO!!!!!!!! Better Days Ahead For ...

SHILO!!!!!!!! Better Days Ahead For You!!!!

Posted in the Weird Forum

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Michael (Harrison) posted that you were stung by a JellyFish (Man O War) and I just mentioned that you diserve some accolades on the nicest person on Offbeat. I did not think much about it as you seldom post, so I was quite upset when he told me what had happened to you. You always maintained your personal thread with as little arguments as possible, and always had interesting things to say. I wanted everyone who knows you from years gone by, and those who will read your thread as newbies, to come and wish you well here. Hope that this will bring you some comfort and will aid in a speedy recovery!

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 26, 2012
I read an article yesterday that said you should carry vinegar in your beach bag to apply to jellyfish stings.

Hope you are feeling better.

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Shilo,

Remembering old times on Offbeat..

and such fun times past
when you were 'DOLL FACE' of Offbeat..

Heartfelt greetings for a full recovery..

On wards and upwards ---------->>
we're all behind you giving you a gentle cyber push!!

Sincerely,

GN.

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

#4 Jun 27, 2012
Shilo.

As I recall, you also loved ENYA..

so > .....

&fe ature=related

[hope every day gets easier]

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 27, 2012
Shilo, my thoughts and prayers continue for you to get well. Miss ya!:)hugs!

Vee

Location hidden

#6 Jun 27, 2012
Shilo, this too shall pass. I remember several years ago, you were hesitant to have surgery for your headaches and that was a long road. Take it easy, follow doctor's orders, eat plenty of chicken soup (in your case a lot of pasta) do not forget the chocolate cake. I need to post a recipe for you to heal what ails you.

Vee

Location hidden

#7 Jun 27, 2012
Authentic Jewish Yiddish Chicken Soup
By petlover
Cook Time:
3 hrs 30 mins

Make sure that you include the chicken neck ...

Ingredients:
Servings:
12Servings Size

1whole chicken, cut up
4 (11 ounce) cans clear condensed chicken soup
4 cups water
2 onions
1 teaspoon salt
4 carrots
3 stalks celery
1 parsnip
2 sprigs fresh dill
3 sprigs fresh parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
1Cut up chicken , rinse and remove skin.2Place chicken and all other ingredients into soup pot.3Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer, partially covered, fo at least 3 hours ( the more the better-you cant overcook this).4Serve with chicken ( cut it up) then place pieces back into the bowls), cooked fine egg noodles and/or matzoh balls.
JEWISH PENNICILLIN##########

Level 3

Location hidden

#8 Jun 30, 2012
Hi everyone :) Just to let you all know it wasn't a Sting Ray or Jelly Fish. I stepped on what was something sharp in the sand, probably a shell or something of that sort (at least that is my theory). What ever it was the puncture was hard to find, about the size of a pin pick. It had a nasty bacteria on it and I'm guessing it didn't like me much. Spent a lot of time in the hospital, came home and had to go back because my throat started closing up again. Now it seems to be an upward battle to regain any strength in my muscles and hopefully get rid of the nasty pain in all the joints. Dr. says it will take time but I should be back to normal (whatever that is LOL)in a few months,I am thinking maybe by Christmas. Mean time I am trying to work a little from home, it's hard but like goes on.
I get frustrated, angry, upset and I cry a lot. I just want to hold a glass without using 2 hands or hold a fork normally. To make you laugh, pulling up my jeans, tying my running shoes and hooking my bra (LOL) are nearly impossible to do without pain, but I keep working at it. My husband has been a doll and I am trying to get him to go to work and not work from home. I think I need a little "me" time. I guess he will go back when he feels I can manage better by myself. Right now I can go into the pool as long as he is with me but that's about it. He is taking care of my garden to the best he can but he prefers if I don't stand by and tell him how it should be done. I do check up on the progress and, well, he's doing great......shhhhh don't tell him I said so.
That's it for now and thanks for the well wishes. Also Vee thanks for the thread, so nice of you.
{{{Hugs}}} Shilo/Doll Face (from the old days)

Vee

Location hidden

#9 Jun 30, 2012
Shilo, so good to read your postings again. You are missed. It sounds like you might of had the beginning of flesh eating disease, which means, anyway you look at it you are damn fortunate. Dont worry about the small things that you cannot do, I have the same trouble, had my 6th car accident a few weeks ago and hardly any range of moion left on my left side. A lot of weakness. You need to follow doctor's orders, take it one day at a time, do what you can, accept the help when you cant, and good thing you have the kind of husband that is there. Yes, it could have been a lot worse then it is, and in a few more months, you should see a big improvement. Again, thank you for checking in and updating us. (happeeeeeee 4th of July)

“..yo ho ho.....”

Since: Jun 08

..the canary's next..........

#10 Jun 30, 2012
Shilo wrote:
Hi everyone :) Just to let you all know it wasn't a Sting Ray or Jelly Fish. I stepped on what was something sharp in the sand, probably a shell or something of that sort (at least that is my theory). What ever it was the puncture was hard to find, about the size of a pin pick. It had a nasty bacteria on it and I'm guessing it didn't like me much. Spent a lot of time in the hospital, came home and had to go back because my throat started closing up again. Now it seems to be an upward battle to regain any strength in my muscles and hopefully get rid of the nasty pain in all the joints. Dr. says it will take time but I should be back to normal (whatever that is LOL)in a few months,I am thinking maybe by Christmas. Mean time I am trying to work a little from home, it's hard but like goes on.
I get frustrated, angry, upset and I cry a lot. I just want to hold a glass without using 2 hands or hold a fork normally. To make you laugh, pulling up my jeans, tying my running shoes and hooking my bra (LOL) are nearly impossible to do without pain, but I keep working at it. My husband has been a doll and I am trying to get him to go to work and not work from home. I think I need a little "me" time. I guess he will go back when he feels I can manage better by myself. Right now I can go into the pool as long as he is with me but that's about it. He is taking care of my garden to the best he can but he prefers if I don't stand by and tell him how it should be done. I do check up on the progress and, well, he's doing great......shhhhh don't tell him I said so.
That's it for now and thanks for the well wishes. Also Vee thanks for the thread, so nice of you.
Get it done, Babe....

;-]

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#11 Jun 30, 2012
OMG! Shiloh...scary as all get out..WHAT THE FREAK?? Ya know we all try to be cautious in our lives..using seat belts, no sharp edged table corners and re-checking our safety lists..BUT a FREAKY accident can happen to anyone..Look at Vee with his car accident..we all think we are invincible..UNTIL we can no longer perform our regular daily routine or duties. I agree, you do need some "Me" time..send hubby out at least for a part-time job...You'll know WHAT ya can or can't do by yourself BEFORE he accepts a job. Good Luck..the healing process is more painful than the initial wound accident...have a speedy recovery..please!

Level 3

Location hidden

#12 Jun 30, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG! Shiloh...scary as all get out..WHAT THE FREAK?? Ya know we all try to be cautious in our lives..using seat belts, no sharp edged table corners and re-checking our safety lists..BUT a FREAKY accident can happen to anyone..Look at Vee with his car accident..we all think we are invincible..UNTIL we can no longer perform our regular daily routine or duties. I agree, you do need some "Me" time..send hubby out at least for a part-time job...You'll know WHAT ya can or can't do by yourself BEFORE he accepts a job. Good Luck..the healing process is more painful than the initial wound accident...have a speedy recovery..please!
He doesn't need a job he has a good one but he has been working from home. I just think maybe he needs to get back into the routine again, we both do. Work for both of us is not an issue, we both have great jobs. Thanks for the concern :)

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Jun 30, 2012
Hi Shilo, good to see you posting a little. Miss our chats! Take care!hugs!

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

#14 Jul 1, 2012
Shilo,
I wrote to you a few days ago in your
original thread,..
better to copy/past it here :

Shilo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Vee! No not a sting ray Vee. Actually we aren't sure what it was. I stepped on something in the water and it has made me very sick. It has affected my whole body and landed me in the hospital for quite a while. Right now I am on anti-biotics and it looks like it will take a bit before I am back to normal (ha ha). I have lots of pain in all my muscles & joints but at least my throat is not swelling shut any more. I'm not able to drive yet because I have no strength in my arms so I can't shift. I hate depending on Johnny so much but he has been great. So much one takes for granted I can't do very well yet but hopefully soon (I hope) it will be different. Typing is hard so I will say so long for now. I will try to get back with my progress as it comes along. In the mean time take care and thanks for you concern. My best to all my friends who are here.

Great to hear from you Shilo,
That was most unfortunate, and as you say one NEVER knows
day from day what might happen,
I had a very bad fall 10 days ago and dislocated my shoulder badly..
and gave my knee a good 'do' too, I'm in a sling until August,
they said there might be damage to the rotaor cuff but 2 early to
tell. I had my 70 birthday last April, eventho a fall at
this age ain't good STILL, can't kill a bad thing! lol--
--
But I hop YOU will get over it ok, it's at times like this you SURE
know WHO real friends are, and Johnny loves you so much,
you can be full sure it's no burden,
at the same time I understand fully WHAt you mean,
as, there's nothing like FREEDOM, and independence .
ie>
today i have a cousin who has MOTOR NEURON coming for her
check up, she stays here usually, so all friends are helping this time, on account of my accident, so she's still coming
she walks badly BUT insists in travelling alone,
as she said she needs the SPACE, I feel her 100%

That is an awful drag for you, but DV you are over
the worst now, be very good to yourself!
hope it didn't damage your doll face good looks!
doubt anything will.

ALL the very best and
warmest true regards to you
[old Offbeat friends held very dear always]

Remembering nice times past, many changes on Offbeat since,
but life is in a continual state of change.

Vee made a special thread for you, which we will keep
going with jokes, videos and Vee's famous recipes!

Love

GN
XxX

Hoping you are continuing to improve a little
every day, Shilo.

Level 3

Location hidden

#15 Jul 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Shilo,
I wrote to you a few days ago in your
original thread,..
better to copy/past it here :
Shilo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Vee! No not a sting ray Vee. Actually we aren't sure what it was. I stepped on something in the water and it has made me very sick. It has affected my whole body and landed me in the hospital for quite a while. Right now I am on anti-biotics and it looks like it will take a bit before I am back to normal (ha ha). I have lots of pain in all my muscles & joints but at least my throat is not swelling shut any more. I'm not able to drive yet because I have no strength in my arms so I can't shift. I hate depending on Johnny so much but he has been great. So much one takes for granted I can't do very well yet but hopefully soon (I hope) it will be different. Typing is hard so I will say so long for now. I will try to get back with my progress as it comes along. In the mean time take care and thanks for you concern. My best to all my friends who are here.
Great to hear from you Shilo,
That was most unfortunate, and as you say one NEVER knows
day from day what might happen,
I had a very bad fall 10 days ago and dislocated my shoulder badly..
and gave my knee a good 'do' too, I'm in a sling until August,
they said there might be damage to the rotaor cuff but 2 early to
tell. I had my 70 birthday last April, eventho a fall at
this age ain't good STILL, can't kill a bad thing! lol--
--
But I hop YOU will get over it ok, it's at times like this you SURE
know WHO real friends are, and Johnny loves you so much,
you can be full sure it's no burden,
at the same time I understand fully WHAt you mean,
as, there's nothing like FREEDOM, and independence .
ie>
today i have a cousin who has MOTOR NEURON coming for her
check up, she stays here usually, so all friends are helping this time, on account of my accident, so she's still coming
she walks badly BUT insists in travelling alone,
as she said she needs the SPACE, I feel her 100%
That is an awful drag for you, but DV you are over
the worst now, be very good to yourself!
hope it didn't damage your doll face good looks!
doubt anything will.
ALL the very best and
warmest true regards to you
[old Offbeat friends held very dear always]
Remembering nice times past, many changes on Offbeat since,
but life is in a continual state of change.
Vee made a special thread for you, which we will keep
going with jokes, videos and Vee's famous recipes!
Love
GN
XxX
Hoping you are continuing to improve a little
every day, Shilo.
Sorry Grace, I did see your post at my thread but got caught up in trying to find the one Vee started. I am still keeping my thread going and will be over there too. Again I am sorry.

Vee

Location hidden

#16 Jul 2, 2012
Better days ahead, Shilo!!!! At least you have not lost any limbs, it could always be worse. Happeeeeee MOANday, headed to work in 30 minutes. I added more hours and I like the money but hate mornings. Loathe mornings. Could be that you encountered Steve Irwin in the water. He was done in by a sting ray, and we all return as something, so who knows?????????? Take it one day at a time. When I see you posting again on your thread, I know you are better.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 3, 2012
Shilo wrote:
Glad to hear you are on the road to mend. You have to be careful on the beach as it is loaded with bacteria. You might want to invest in a pair of beach/water shoes. They are closed shoes with mesh on top to breathe and allow water in & out. The bottoms are rubber and protect your feet from being cut by broken shells and rocks.

Are you in Physical Theraphy? Remember those Physical Terrorists, I mean therapists are licensed to make you cry.

You are a lucky lady to have the wonderful husband in your life. I'm so glad he's helping you with the little things as well as the big ones.

Take care. Gail Snail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min replaytime 186,846
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min SLY WEST 181,227
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min relm 11,801
white... (Jul '14) 23 min relm 384
Uses of White Vinegar 24 min relm 2
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 32 min Mega Monster 1,886
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 40 min andet1987 30,665
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 54,077
More from around the web