Syrup operation mistaken for meth lab

Syrup operation mistaken for meth lab

There are 31 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Feb 14, 2013, titled Syrup operation mistaken for meth lab. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

A southern Illinois family is finding their homemade maple syrup operation anything but sweet after investigators swarmed their property, mistaking their sap collection for a meth lab.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BLong

United States

#22 Feb 15, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, that makes sense. There would be a ready nearby market for it in the nearby St. Louis Metroplex. It's everywhere though. Building in a "nice" neighborhood across the street from work (several States N of you) recently burst into flames. It was reportedly meth-related.
When you consider the volatile crap that meth is made of,-(drain cleaner, anhydrous ammonia, white gas, match heads, etc.), it's a wonder more users aren't killed just ingesting the stuff, much less those that get burned or blown up making it.

“HEY! Who voted for Jared”

Since: Jun 08

Kushner? No One? Thot so.....

#23 Feb 15, 2013
BLong wrote:
<quoted text>When you consider the volatile crap that meth is made of,-(drain cleaner, anhydrous ammonia, white gas, match heads, etc.), it's a wonder more users aren't killed just ingesting the stuff, much less those that get burned or blown up making it.
...that sh!t's great on flapjax.....breakfast of champions...skinny champions with no teeth and lookin' like they are 90 years old, but still.....
BLong

United States

#24 Feb 15, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
In another related story, the same officers made a panty raid on a local girls' college dorm, concerned about an anonymous tip that there was a prostituition ring. Instead, all they found were scantily clad, drunk college girls having pillow fights, that would do it for free.
When the drunk, scantily-clad college girls were informed that there was actual money to be made in the performance of sexual favors, they asked 'beer money'?
Aunt Jemima

Huntington, NY

#25 Feb 15, 2013
No biggie...
I'm used to getting raided a few times a year..... 4 of my kids are gang bangers.
Laura Benson

Sarah, MS

#26 Feb 15, 2013
I didnt want to bash the cops or make them look stupid. Once they figured out what was going on it they were very jovial and kind hearted about it. It is just that we live in a very small town and I was worried news would be spreading around town that we were crack heads and working in that state health care field taking care of the disabled it could cost me my job or future clients so my intention was just to set their mind at ease.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#27 Feb 15, 2013
Mary wrote:
I had maple syrup poured all over my legs once, and my legs got stuck together and wouldn't come apart.
Kinda bad for business I guess.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#28 Feb 15, 2013
BLong wrote:
In a related story, the police also raided the local bakery, stating that the powdered sugar looked suspiciously like cocaine.
Or they raid the doughnut shop because the customers leave looking a bit glazed.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#29 Feb 15, 2013
They say roses are red and violets are purple
Sugar is sweet and so is maple surple
Well I'm the seventh out of seven sons
My pappy was a pistol
I'm a son of a gun.

Dang me, dang me
They oughta take a rope and hang me
High from the highest tree
Woman would you weep for me.
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#30 Feb 15, 2013
Mary wrote:
I had maple syrup poured all over my legs once, and my legs got stuck together and wouldn't come apart.
No problemo...

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

Cumberland Center, ME

#31 Feb 16, 2013
Syrup the new meth so thats why ihop does so well
debbie

Newnan, GA

#32 Feb 16, 2013
i can see how you could mistake a syrup mill for a meth lab

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 24 min quilterqueen 3,039
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 26 min quilterqueen 3,948
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 27 min rainmaker2016 61,873
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 29 min Scarbelly Bob 8,899
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 31 min quilterqueen 898
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 32 min quilterqueen 127
Poll New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 36 min quilterqueen 841
Memorial Day 57 min GreyHound 52
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 22,012
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Scarbelly Bob 75,329
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 217,365
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 9 hr Goku Black 4,106
More from around the web