“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#600 Dec 12, 2012
Debra27 | 12 hrs ago
hey, today is 12/12/12...I will enjoy writing that done all day.
Report this post

Can't believe I figured out how to do that!! I am a f***ing genius!!

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#601 Dec 12, 2012
Well we have 10 more days, I remember when people were talking about this about a year, even 2 years ago and how they were really making something about, talking as if the Mayans knew something we all didn't, shows on discovery, some saying it was real, some saying it wasn't. People preparing for the worst, and others saying how foolish it was. And then it just kind of faded away. But now people are talking again about it, it's on FB, twitter, the news, and yes some who never commented on it before are now putting their 2 cents in. All the different opinions are pretty cool and its also kind of interesting that thread is drawing such an interest now.
Well I joined the offbeat gang last year on the18th of Dec. so I will still make it to my 2 year anniversary, today's gesture of kindness was to my wife, I said," have I told you lately how much I love you? How sexy you are? And how lucky I am to have you in my life?" We get pretty caught up in our life some times and we tend to forget the reasons we try so hard to make it, but let me tell you, for me, it's my family.

“Master Baker”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#602 Dec 12, 2012
I have already MAXXED out my Credit Cards... and I have a court date after 12-21-2012... A serious courtdate.. SO I am banking that we only have a week left.. I do hope the MAYAN's were right..
'
IT's the End Of The World As We Know It.
REM

'
'
Duh... OMG..... 5325

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#603 Dec 12, 2012
I realized today was 12-12-12. I hear a lot of people are getting married today. At least they won't forget their anniversary.

Talking to a friend today. He told me he has cancer now. That hit me like a ton of bricks. It could be me. You're right, Deb. We could go at any time. Let's not worry about what might happen, but enjoy whatever time we have here with friends and family, and try to make things better for them, no matter what battles they're going through.

Have any of you seen the doomsday preppers on TV? They go out and stock up on everything imaginable, try to look tough on camera, and tell you about all the stuff they've stockpiled, including guns and ammo. They're likely to be the first ones hit if it does happen! You're supposed to keep that kind of thing quiet! Asking for trouble. Just asking for it.

So when it doesn't happen, they've spent all their money stockpiling. Oh well. They won't have to go to the store for a while...

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#604 Dec 13, 2012
The Paisan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're my age?
I thought you were older.......You must have had kids young.
I did, my parents were much older, most people thought they were my grand parents. I didn't want to do that to my kids. People I grew up with are having kids now, I don't think it's great idea. On the other side people do take better care of themselves and do live longer. But who wants a teenager when you are in your sixties? Having said that, I do know many people that are raising their grand kids. Modern families are certainly an interesting mix theses days and don't fit the 50s stereotype anymore :)
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#605 Dec 13, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>I did, my parents were much older, most people thought they were my grand parents. I didn't want to do that to my kids. People I grew up with are having kids now, I don't think it's great idea. On the other side people do take better care of themselves and do live longer. But who wants a teenager when you are in your sixties? Having said that, I do know many people that are raising their grand kids. Modern families are certainly an interesting mix theses days and don't fit the 50s stereotype anymore :)
Definately not the 50's..... I don't even know what is, or even IF, normal exists any more.
Two income familys are almost a necessity now, kids are raised by non-parents. It's actually sad, this so-called "progression".

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#606 Dec 13, 2012
Could it be true that we all have one week from tomorrow to STRAIGHTEN UP or bow down and repent?

Better safe than eternally sorry, don't you think?

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#607 Dec 13, 2012
The Paisan wrote:
<quoted text>
Definately not the 50's..... I don't even know what is, or even IF, normal exists any more.
Two income familys are almost a necessity now, kids are raised by non-parents. It's actually sad, this so-called "progression".
In the years my parents grew up in, the Depression, it wasn't uncommon to ship your kids off to the rural relatives, they had food. It was much harder to feed them if you were in a city. Look at how many people they had in a two bedroom house back then. Times change and we seem to forget the way things were, not always rosy. But I do think we are somewhat gluttonous theses days, the two income family played a big part in that.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#608 Dec 13, 2012
quilterqueen wrote:
Could it be true that we all have one week from tomorrow to STRAIGHTEN UP or bow down and repent?
Better safe than eternally sorry, don't you think?
Honestly? No.
Maybe you can explain to me the need people have to believe in eternal life? Isn't this life good enough? Maybe these questions would be better on a different thread :)
Hmmm

Pelican, LA

#609 Dec 13, 2012
The worlds coming to an end??? Awe man,,, now my seetie's not going to get to cash in on my life insurance policy... I could have spent that money on something else,,, What A Bummer!!!

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#610 Dec 13, 2012
... i sure do hope your right im down to my last pair of underwear ... so i got a week or so left ...

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#611 Dec 13, 2012
Just heard on the CBS news that a unique alignment of the sun, moon and earth is giving the sea an extra gravitational push causing high tides and flooding on the west coast, hmmmm, 9 more days, the earth is beginning the alignment process, 9 planets, 8 more to go, coincidental? Can't wait to see what changes take place on day 8!
Well, gotta go finish stocking the basement....,,

Buffalo, NY

#612 Dec 13, 2012
... when the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter aligns with mars then peace will find the planets and love will fill the stars ...

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#613 Dec 13, 2012
Today's gesture of kindness was from me to me. Today was my moms birthday who was taken suddenly one evening in a car wreck 8 years ago.
I made it through the whole day without being sad until I got home.
Time will heal all sorrows, it gets a little easier each year. Not better, just easier.

Buffalo, NY

#614 Dec 13, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
Today's gesture of kindness was from me to me. Today was my moms birthday who was taken suddenly one evening in a car wreck 8 years ago.
I made it through the whole day without being sad until I got home.
Time will heal all sorrows, it gets a little easier each year. Not better, just easier.
... lost my mom on dec. 19th ... she wuz 57 ... thriteen years ago ...

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#615 Dec 13, 2012
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... lost my mom on dec. 19th ... she wuz 57 ... thriteen years ago ...
pretty obvious we both had real good moms...

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#616 Dec 13, 2012
oh you guys...got me all teared up here....I think both of your moms were wonderful women who raised some great menfolk.

today is the 13th,
in a bit we have one week to go. live and love

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#617 Dec 14, 2012
Has anyone noticed how the whole twinkee thingy happened right when we might need them the most..??...It's a conspiracy I tell ya..!

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#618 Dec 14, 2012
justaguess wrote:
Has anyone noticed how the whole twinkee thingy happened right when we might need them the most..??...It's a conspiracy I tell ya..!
ha! I actually have 8 twinkeeleft, one for each day left in the countdown! Getting ready to eat one right now.... Hey!... You kids get away from from my twinkee!....... Heyyyyyyyy!!!!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#619 Dec 14, 2012
look at this

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/12...

I still cannot believe that some are losing sleep over this one..

8 days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Football (Jul '10) 3 min Weird 0ne 2 1,731
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 126,738
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 min Pity Party 7,944
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min Enzo49 6,582
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min Help Desk 23,927
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,496
True or False Game 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 864
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min dandylioness 150,957
Topix Talk 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 71
Bill Cosby 4 hr Dr Wu 143