Comments
561 - 580 of 681 Comments Last updated Dec 24, 2012

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#580 Dec 10, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
14 days, for those that are really concerned....
http://preparedforthat.com/scavenging-for-foo...
see 'ya tomorrow
I'm concerned, yes I really am,...it's even in my name!

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#581 Dec 10, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for stopping by to scoff,
this subject must hold some interest or you would not bother yourself. again.
too bad you can't be bothered to read anyone else's posts, you might actually learn something (and see that your own posts are tripe)
hey, rock on
you just put another BIG smile on my face!.... Nuff said!

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#582 Dec 10, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>well that settles it, there is no way in hell I'll be ready because I'm either a day behind or a day ahead!
Well today's gesture of kindness went to the person behind us at the drive thru at McDonald's. we paid for their order when we paid for ours. The feeling you get after you do it is worth more than any amount of money.
I am going to do my dam best to keep the countdown straight from here.
You definitely rule Debra27!
You are very nice. While I never did that, I did once at McDonald's get's the person behind me or maybe it was in front of me meal. Sady this is no joke. Another time my son went to a Subway (and not eat it there) and got someones else sandwich (This is hard to do as they normally just slide the sandwiches along, but the other guy wanted it tosted and it did not get to the correct place after toasting.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

New York, NY

#583 Dec 10, 2012
I'm not paying any bills till the 22nd...

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#584 Dec 11, 2012
so with today being the 11th,
that would put us on the ten-day countdown?

“... lazy, hazy, crazy...”

Since: Aug 08

... daze of summer ...

#585 Dec 11, 2012
...so were gods guinea pigs ... now that expains why some people do what they do...
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#586 Dec 11, 2012
Relax. It won't happen. Just the same, I'll wager that a lot of us we'll be looking for signs of impending doom on that day. I'll be looking up at the sky and you'll likely do the same.

Nostradumbass

Medford, NY

#587 Dec 11, 2012
An asteroid will hit us, no doubt.
huh oh

Seattle, WA

#588 Dec 11, 2012
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50160526/from/RSS...

Huge asteroid to buzz Earth and you can watch it all online

A giant asteroid will make a flyby of Earth over the next few days. The near-Earth asteroid 4179 Toutatis, which is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) wide, will zoom within 4.3 million miles (7 million kilometers) of Earth during its closest approach early Wednesday morning.
Nostradumbass wrote:

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#589 Dec 11, 2012
huh oh wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50 160526/from/RSS/
Huge asteroid to buzz Earth and you can watch it all online
A giant asteroid will make a flyby of Earth over the next few days. The near-Earth asteroid 4179 Toutatis, which is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) wide, will zoom within 4.3 million miles (7 million kilometers) of Earth during its closest approach early Wednesday morning.
<quoted text>
now that was some very interesting news indeed huh ho, I appreciate you sharing that, which in fact goes to show ya you just never know! If a person only knew all the possibilities there are out there that could end life as we know it, or understand just how quickly your own life can change in just a wink of the eye, you may appreciate the moment you are living right now a lot more.
So there are 11 more days left for the countdown on today the 11th day of December,2012.
There wasn't anything in particular I did to be kind today. but I always make an effort to treat people the way I would want to be treated. Everybody deserves that don't they?
Well, my wife made apple cobbler and this may be the last time she ever does! So I'm eating all I deserve!
:0 Yum yum!!!

#590 Dec 11, 2012
Nostradumbass wrote:
you know what's funny?

I was thinking about this one, this is the one scenario that I believe is totally conceivable (at some point),
if you look at the moon and see all the craters, you know that it has been bombarded with 'hits' for a while....maybe Earth has too.
But there is a lot of stuff flying around, around us, you know?

not sure that anyone could predict a 'hit' from that far in the past, however...

I had an inmate ask me today if I believed the world was ending. I told him "no",
'cause if I really thought it was, I would not be at work, I would be home, getting my last lovin' from my family.
LPW MANAGEMENT

Marietta, GA

#591 Dec 11, 2012
Heard over the P.A. system at that other place:

Tomorrow will be 12/12/12, a rare double digit matching combination date that only happens 3 times a century. Also, don't be alarmed but there is a 3 mile wide Asterold heading close to earth called 4179 Toutatis.
Because of these facts, we are asking everyone tomorrow to leave the path briefly a half hour before 12/12/12 at 12:12:12 until a half hour after 12:12:12. We ask everyone to then go to the emergency shelter in the Sub-Basement of the Clubhouse for your safety, just in case something might suddenly happen.
So remember 12/12/12 12:12:12, and be safe.

... daze of summer ...

#592 Dec 11, 2012
... is there gonna be a ball drop ...???

... daze of summer ...

#593 Dec 11, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what's funny?
I was thinking about this one, this is the one scenario that I believe is totally conceivable (at some point),
if you look at the moon and see all the craters, you know that it has been bombarded with 'hits' for a while....maybe Earth has too.
But there is a lot of stuff flying around, around us, you know?
not sure that anyone could predict a 'hit' from that far in the past, however...
I had an inmate ask me today if I believed the world was ending. I told him "no",
'cause if I really thought it was, I would not be at work, I would be home, getting my last lovin' from my family.
... ahem ... i always thought of you as family so save the last couple of minutes for me ...
LPW MANAGEMENT

Marietta, GA

#594 Dec 11, 2012
GMGMIKE wrote:
... is there gonna be a ball drop ...???
Hopefully not, but if one does drop it will be about 3 miles in diameter!

#595 Dec 12, 2012
hey, today is 12/12/12...I will enjoy writing that done all day.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#596 Dec 12, 2012
LPW MANAGEMENT wrote:
Heard over the P.A. system at that other place:
Tomorrow will be 12/12/12, a rare double digit matching combination date that only happens 3 times a century. Also, don't be alarmed but there is a 3 mile wide Asterold heading close to earth called 4179 Toutatis.
Because of these facts, we are asking everyone tomorrow to leave the path briefly a half hour before 12/12/12 at 12:12:12 until a half hour after 12:12:12. We ask everyone to then go to the emergency shelter in the Sub-Basement of the Clubhouse for your safety, just in case something might suddenly happen.
So remember 12/12/12 12:12:12, and be safe.
So, where were you on 11/11/11 11:11:11???

Three times a centruy???

How about 10/10/10 or 9/09/09 or 8/08/08 or 7/07/07. Don't think I need to go on, you get the picture.

All these doomsday theories are just that, theories.

Just enjoy your day and forget about all this.

I'll be where I am every Wednesday at noon. Having lunch with some good friends. I'd bet good money(and I hardly ever bet) that we will all be around tomorrow in good shape. Also that we will all be around on the 22nd of this month, also in good shape.

Have a great day with many to follow......

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#597 Dec 12, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
Liam, I suck at math too, lol!!( I cheat )
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresul...
there's an app for this
According to that I am 1,506,643,200 seconds old :)
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#598 Dec 12, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
According to that I am 1,506,643,200 seconds old :)
You're my age?
I thought you were older.......You must have had kids young.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

#599 Dec 12, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
hey, today is 12/12/12...I will enjoy writing that done all day.
ha! When I just read this comment it said 12 hours ago! Wicked cool!( some Yankee talk for ya)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fergson Police Dept. 3 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 315
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min misty1978 18,469
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min eleanorigby 35,964
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 5 min Parden Pard 3,184
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 8 min Princess Hey 8,947
The letter F (Jun '13) 11 min Princess Hey 895
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 14 min Denny CranesPlace 223
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr reebie 794
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 145,074
•••