|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
haha,
I mention it all the time at work...a lot of people are aware, even though most believe it is silly. Much talk today, however, about how fast time is going. Folks can't quite believe it is already the end of this year.
How are you going to cook those damn turnips, Liam? I don't think I've ever eaten one. Very nice of the farmer, not wanting his crop to just be trashed...he chose to share.
you cook them like potatoes. Peal the outside layer, cut them up into small pieces and boil them. It's kind of a acquired taste, I usually put real butter, salt and pepper on them. Now rutabager ( not Sure about spelling) is my favorite, it's more of a sweet turnip. Here's my favorite, take potatoes. Rutabager, turnip, carrots, onions, butter, salt, and pepper, make a big aluminum "thingy" to put in and seal it then cook on the grill, flip over after about 30 minutes and after about an hour cut open the top and let grill for about 15min.
You can also put all that in with a roast and cook it that way!
Well, I'm off to get a life! By now!

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

How many hours left?

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
GET a FREAKIN' Life People!!!!"
todays gesture of kindness goes to you CC, this isn't to be sarcastic, I realize our views may differ sometimes and we may not agree with each other, but lets take into consideration that this is offbeat. Plenty of people on here find things to feud about but as a whole I don't feel your one of them.
So here's a sincere merry Christmas to you Colorado Chick, stay rocking and crazy!
Liam.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Always Wary wrote:
How many hours left?
according to my calculations, as of 6:30pm tonight we have 437.5 hours left!
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>you cook them like potatoes. Peal the outside layer, cut them up into small pieces and boil them. It's kind of a acquired taste, I usually put real butter, salt and pepper on them. Now rutabager ( not Sure about spelling) is my favorite, it's more of a sweet turnip. Here's my favorite, take potatoes. Rutabager, turnip, carrots, onions, butter, salt, and pepper, make a big aluminum "thingy" to put in and seal it then cook on the grill, flip over after about 30 minutes and after about an hour cut open the top and let grill for about 15min.
You can also put all that in with a roast and cook it that way!
Well, I'm off to get a life! By now!
I've have tried a variety of vegetables but not turnips. My aunt routinely served them with dinner. I keep forgetting about trying this vegetable. The grilling sounds yummy. I do the same thing with sliced sweet potatoes only I use olive oil instead of butter. Gotta watch my high triglycerides, lol. Try adding a touch of worcestershire sauce; gives it a bit of a tangy taste. I also add organic turmeric, garlic, parsley, sage, a little nutmeg, red onions and some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Grilled veggies are great! I am definitely going to try turnips. I know I'm going to like them. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm going to be grilling lots of veggies before Dec. 21, just in case!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Always Wary wrote:
How many hours left?
408 hours

(17 days)

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

That sounds humbling Deb :)
Thank you too Liam.

I doubt I would ever make turnips or rutabagas, but I would try them if they were served to me.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Wow ! I suck with numbers! Well one thing I'm for sure of, thanks to Debra27, we are still in the 17th day.
I am pretty surprised to see no one here has ever tried any "damn" turnips! Ha ha! Or rutabagas, I guess it must be more of a Yankee food.
I worked with all the young bucks today at the warehouse, it's kind of strange when the oldest guy we're you work is still 12 years younger then I am. But to make a long story short, my gesture of kindness today was complimenting them on their work today instead of giving them the whole" you don't know what work is" attitude. Which was harder then you think because at my age, I can still work them under the table. Their basically good kids though and worked pretty hard today.
And their so lucky because they get to do it again tomorrow!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Liam, I suck at math too, lol!!( I cheat )

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresul...

there's an app for this
Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

So people are really buying in to this crap???? Its just like Y2K, any one recall that ????
NOTHING HAPPENED. We all woke up and lived another day.
People have fore told of the end of the world for as long as the world has been around. People are Crazy

Level 6

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Debra27 wrote:
Liam, I suck at math too, lol!!( I cheat )
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresul...
there's an app for this
haha!! Oh man you caught me off guard with that! Why Debra27, I am shocked! But.... Relieved. Thanks for making me laugh. Don't worry, I promise not to tell!!
Nighty night...

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Where I am at .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Here we go again, I am ready to go ! When is it the 12/21/12 ! Promises, Promises, I should call and see if I can get a date ! Happy Holidays !

Level 4

Where I am at .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Any suckers, blowers, let us go out right !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

so today, I signed out an inmate...he will be releasing on 12/20/12,

I told him that at least he would not be in prison when the world ended.!!!
He knew just what I was kidding him about.

everyone knows.

(too bad not everyone knows that ANY day could be their personal last, and would then choose to make each and every moment matter.)

16 days

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Debra27 wrote:
so today, I signed out an inmate...he will be releasing on 12/20/12,
I told him that at least he would not be in prison when the world ended.!!!
He knew just what I was kidding him about.
everyone knows.
(too bad not everyone knows that ANY day could be their personal last, and would then choose to make each and every moment matter.)
16 days
"(too bad not everyone knows that ANY day could be their personal last, and would then choose to make each and every moment matter.)"
That's a good reminder, Deb.
I'm working on not worrying about 20 years from now.
Or, 20 minutes, well, or 20 hours....
No sense, 20 days? lol

Level 4

Where I am at .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
"(too bad not everyone knows that ANY day could be their personal last, and would then choose to make each and every moment matter.)"
That's a good reminder, Deb.
I'm working on not worrying about 20 years from now.
Or, 20 minutes, well, or 20 hours....
No sense, 20 days? lol
Totally agree, all the things that we worry about many of them never come to pass.

I have always felt that god has this big bingo cage, he gets up and stretchs and then rolls the cage if your ball comes up , your gone.

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I like your thread, Deb. It does make you stop and think. I would rather follow Liam with his daily acts of kindness than go on oblivious to my fellow human and their plight. No matter when the world comes to an end, I don't want to go out with any regrets.

I do want to say, Colorado Chick, please don't be disrespectful. I appreciate it.

Level 6

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Well I believe we are at day 15.
My last post for kindness was on day 17, with the end nipping at m heals this is no time to get behind! Yesterday's gesture of kindness went to a fellow employee who needed to vent. I think we all have something to get off our chest but we rarely find someone who is willing to listen. I still had 4 hours of driving to go but ironically my next trip out there is scheduled for the 21st! I gave him the best advise I could and I could tell he was very appreciative.
Today's gesture of kindness is yet to be seen. Will post later!

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

... do i have time to get new battery for my watch ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

GMGMIKE wrote:
... do i have time to get new battery for my watch ...
well, I was able to locate the right type of button battery for a favorite laser pointer (at the effin' dollar store! double score)

so, I think you just may have....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••