Romney's Global Warming Joke Should H...

Romney's Global Warming Joke Should Haunt Him

There are 48 comments on the Switched story from Nov 5, 2012, titled Romney's Global Warming Joke Should Haunt Him. In it, Switched reports that:

When Gov. Romney gave his acceptance speech at the Republican convention he quipped that President Obama wants to slow the rise of the oceans, by contrast he wanted to help American families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#22 Nov 6, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Three of them went bankrupt. Obama hasn't "given billions" to anyone, he doesn't pass spending bills. And he is going to win re-election.
Three strikes and you're out, chump!:)
How many went bankrupt? Yes, Obama did give out the money through the energy dept.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#23 Nov 6, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrows come out of a quiver...mud comes out of the ground. Just an FYI - you know, some 'fun facts' for you....:)
All depends on what you put into your quiver.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#24 Nov 6, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme get this straight - it's OK to call you a racist, but liberals are really the racists? But you're NOT a liberal?
??
The post was

"People judge others by whatever good or evil is in their own hearts. So by all means, call me a racist. All you're doing is accusing me of that which you are guilty of; which, by the way, is the true mark of a liberal."

To clarify, liberals tend to see in others what they perceive in themselves.
August

Jacksonville, FL

#25 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The post was
"People judge others by whatever good or evil is in their own hearts. So by all means, call me a racist. All you're doing is accusing me of that which you are guilty of; which, by the way, is the true mark of a liberal."
Thank you, Fun!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#26 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
And illiberals don't see in themselves what they accuse others of.

Projection seems to be your only response to anything, without any hint of awareness or sense of irony.

You should try perceiving something in yourself and then see if you can see it in others.

Sadly I don't think you have the wit to do so or the honesty to admit if you did, otherwise you'd be struck by the realisation of how blinkered or wilfully blind or actually blind you and your non-liberal bunch are.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#27 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a capitalist. Capitalism is the best match for our country. Is it without it's downside, no, it's not. No economic model is without a downside.
It appears that you have reached your decision on your favorite versus what is good for our GREAT COUNTRY. Now do tell all what the real Mitt is about without the Medias influence.
responder

Columbus, OH

#28 Nov 6, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd explain it to you but you wouldn't understand.
Probably not, and for the reasons I've already stated.:)
responder

Columbus, OH

#29 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The post was
Since you obviously didn't get the humor, I was making fun of a convoluted statement of pure, partisan opinion with which I obviously disagreed.

'I KNOW you are, but what am I?' was the basic argument expressed, and it's a childish and false one.

Hope that made MY post clearer to YOU...:)
responder

Columbus, OH

#30 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
All depends on what you put into your quiver.
Normally that would be arrows. That's all I'm telling you. Want to put mud in your quiver? That's fine with me, it would only indicate your abject stupidity and cluelessness.
responder

Columbus, OH

#31 Nov 6, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
How many went bankrupt? Yes, Obama did give out the money through the energy dept.
Read my post again for the number, clueless one.

As to the money, it cames from various sources - out of the stimulus bill passed by Congress, out of government-guaranteed loans, and out of tax credits. Again, Mr. Obama doesn't stand there on the corner simply handing out the money.
responder

Columbus, OH

#32 Nov 6, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I know all I need to know about Gov. Romney, he isn't Barack Hussein Obama.
Yes, we know - he's a white Republican. That'd be enough for you.
August

Jacksonville, FL

#33 Nov 6, 2012
Insulting people with a different view than you doesn't make you seem smarter, no matter what your mommy told you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34 Nov 6, 2012
August wrote:
Insulting people with a different view than you doesn't make you seem smarter, no matter what your mommy told you.
Thereby you insulted their mothers.

You also posted this insulting comment:
August wrote:
<quoted text>
People judge others by whatever good or evil is in their own hearts. So by all means, call me a racist. All you're doing is accusing me of that which you are guilty of; which, by the way, is the true mark of a liberal.
You've proven yourself again to have no logic, no science, no heart.
August

Jacksonville, FL

#35 Nov 6, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thereby you insulted their mothers.
You also posted this insulting comment:
<quoted text>You've proven yourself again to have no logic, no science, no heart.
Lol!
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#36 Nov 7, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>It appears that you have reached your decision on your favorite versus what is good for our GREAT COUNTRY. Now do tell all what the real Mitt is about without the Medias influence.
The 'real Mitt' won't matter anymore will it? What we'll have to deal with now is the 'real Obama'.

What do you think of the new 28 hour work week?
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#37 Nov 7, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
And illiberals don't see in themselves what they accuse others of.
Projection seems to be your only response to anything, without any hint of awareness or sense of irony.
You should try perceiving something in yourself and then see if you can see it in others.
Sadly I don't think you have the wit to do so or the honesty to admit if you did, otherwise you'd be struck by the realisation of how blinkered or wilfully blind or actually blind you and your non-liberal bunch are.
The only thing I have 'accused' you of is being a believer who does not read the material. Believers rely on the work of others without the necessity of doing any of the work themselves, not even reading what the 'others' wrote.

I am not a believer and I do read the material.

How many months did the.....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38 Nov 7, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I have 'accused' you of is being a believer who does not read the material. Believers rely on the work of others without the necessity of doing any of the work themselves, not even reading what the 'others' wrote.
LIAR.

You are still twisting, misrepresenting. It must be hard work but you have those denier blogs to copy/paste from.

Some people who are not like you, actually know science and math to understand and verify but you accuse them for not reading. You are also NUTS.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#39 Nov 7, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You read it and misunderstand it.

That's the joke you'll never get.
litesong

Everett, WA

#40 Nov 7, 2012
Wow! Its been nine hours since the last post on this thread.

You'd think romneyhood lost the election..... or romnesia has set in at this thread.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41 Nov 7, 2012
Romney's Global Warming Joke Should Haunt Him

What about his 18 grandchildren?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bethenny Frankel thanks Alyssa Milano for chari... 8 hr The Bay 1
News Energy companies, city hold public meeting rega... 11 hr guest 1
News The listing for the Accomack County town is an ... May 17 Anne Mason Eiler ... 1
News Heat wave hits Hampton Roads (Jul '11) May 17 martin garey 3
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) May 15 tyl 961
News Storms cause isolated damage on Peninsula (Apr '09) May 15 martin garey 3
News 'This is a huge shock to us': What climate chan... May 13 hydro shock 1