Think It's Hot in Austin Now? Get Use...

Think It's Hot in Austin Now? Get Used To 110

There are 2 comments on the Texas Tribune story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Think It's Hot in Austin Now? Get Used To 110. In it, Texas Tribune reports that:

The Onion Creek substation was badly flooded with heavy storms last fall. It is one of the many "critical infrastructure assets" whose vulnerability to climate change will be studied by Austin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Texas Tribune.

Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Midland, MI

#1 Jul 28, 2014
How do you people do it. I would rather have -40 degrees.....

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 28, 2014
Austin is different, yes? Galveston study by Rice U was also ignored by the state gov.

Still, without broader cooperation from the state, it is unclear how far individual cities can go. State water officials do not consider climate change when planning for Texas’ future, and legislators will not ask them to anytime soon, said state Sen. Troy Fraser, a Republican and chairman of the Senate Natural Resources Committee.

“It’s not a parameter that we’ve requested they look at,” Fraser said in a June intervew.“There’s a disagreement within the people of Texas on the science of greenhouse gases.”

Me: how do you see a disagreement within the people other than being anti-Obama? Look at all the solar development in Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 hr Dooshy 949
News FEMA's response to Hurricane Maria won't get in... Fri Fundie Fatwass De... 1
News Inside The Herald - If a community is only wort... (Jan '08) Fri Cross Country che... 60
News CBS says work needed on Daniels interview Fri kyman 1
News Cleanup, power restoration begin after 3rd nor'... Mar 15 dafuq 1
News Cold temps create potholes Mar 15 DeDominicis 8
News Winter weather advisory canceled, snow still fa... Mar 15 #RachelsGonnaRach 1