Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

May 6, 2014 Full story: Cape Breton Post 1,084

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Full Story
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#774 May 23, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine that most scientists fear ridicule by their peers, and losing funding for going against the political grain...
Every developed country in the world is converting to clean energy and its all a hoax? Why?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#775 May 23, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
???? When I clicked you link I got this....
iceagenow.info 403 Forbidden Error Page
If you arrived here due to a search or clicking on a link click your Browser's back button to return to the previous page. Thank you.
Since I closed and reopened my browser mine says the same...

Location hidden

#776 May 23, 2014

Location hidden

#777 May 23, 2014
guess not...lol

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#778 May 23, 2014
So, let's talk about this whole carbon credit ponzi scheme ..

We are going to be fleeced for some ( call it X amount ) of money based on some , call them ( facts ) that are going to be spoon fed to each of us based on some common core math riddle ...ok...so far everyone is down with that... """"" AS IF """"" !

Without making it particularly complicated we can start with the the money itself. It might actual be plausible if it were to end there...ya know, pay as you go for your car, home heating etc...but it will quickly expand to a share you will owe for Air Force one to conduct business...as if again,...ahem..!....and don't forget all those pesky little rocket launches necessary to keep your country safe with NSA satellites and WHOA....what about NASA !!!...3 million pounds of fuel between the two solid and one liquid fuel engines on a shuttle launch in the past....new figures on the on going ISS missions are a bit sketchy.. but credits would have to be paid for none the less...and just exactly do you think that cash is gonna go,? from your pocketbook into lolly land !

So far, I have seen nothing that outlines what a 'carbon credit' actually pays for...It's kind of like the government sending you a bill that says,
"Send remission to P.O. Box 1099, Libtard, Maryland 90210"

8666...odd that
Camilla

Imperial Beach, CA

#779 May 23, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
doesn't. global warming isn't entirely natural, has mans hand - part of evolution.

Location hidden

#780 May 23, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Every developed country in the world is converting to clean energy and its all a hoax? Why?
I'm all for clean safe cheap energy...just questioning the claim that man made global warming has more impact on the climate than solar radiation and volcanic activity. Especially since the current warming trend started in the 1700s.
Camilla

Imperial Beach, CA

#781 May 23, 2014
Trend started in conjunction with the Industrial Revolution as a basis for measurement - if data wasn't previously recorded that doesn't imply or verify that the trend hadn't been steadily progressing since the dawn of time.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#782 May 23, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for clean safe cheap energy...just questioning the claim that man made global warming has more impact on the climate than solar radiation and volcanic activity. Especially since the current warming trend started in the 1700s.
But why would every developed country be converting to more expensive solar, wind, gas-turbine power if they didn't think there was very good evidence that burning coal and oil is causing global warming?

Location hidden

#783 May 23, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
But why would every developed country be converting to more expensive solar, wind, gas-turbine power if they didn't think there was very good evidence that burning coal and oil is causing global warming?
I dont know if putting up some windmills and solar panels would be called converting...until it is cost feasible it will never happen.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#784 May 23, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know if putting up some windmills and solar panels would be called converting...until it is cost feasible it will never happen.
On Sunday, Germany’s impressive streak of renewable energy milestones continued, with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion — nearly 75 percent — of the country’s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country’s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon, according to Renewables International.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#785 May 23, 2014
Unemployment Rate in Germany remained unchanged at 5.10 percent in March of 2014 from 5.10 percent in February of 2014.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#786 May 23, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So what was causing global warming pre-industrial since the 1700s to the 1900s?
Why not ask a climate scientist?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/...
litesong

Everett, WA

#787 May 24, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
On Sunday....... with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion — nearly 75 percent — of the country’s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country’s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon.........
Of course, Germany ain't the only country. Years ago, Spain renewable-powered their country by upper 60%. When fossil fuel propagandists babbled that renewables could never power countries economically by even small percentages, in truth, fossil fuel flubbers feared the future of fossil fuel facilities would flop.

Location hidden

#788 May 24, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not ask a climate scientist?
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/...
You want me to go to the government to get unbias information on global warming?...surely you jest...lol

Location hidden

#789 May 24, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
On Sunday, Germany’s impressive streak of renewable energy milestones continued, with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion — nearly 75 percent — of the country’s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country’s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon, according to Renewables International.
(wikipedia)

Germany is one of the largest consumers of energy in the world[citation needed]. In 2009, it consumed energy from the following sources:[26]

Oil 34.6%
Bituminous coal 11.1%
Lignite 11.4%
Natural gas 21.7%
Nuclear power 11.0%
Hydro- and wind power 1.5%

Electricity sector in Germany

The main source of electricity is coal.[5] The recent plan to build 26 new coal plants[6] is controversial in light of Germany's commitment to curbing emissions.

Seems they plan to build 26 new coal plants according to wikipedia...

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#790 May 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
In an effort to protect the unconcern & death dealings of fossil fuel magnates, "mijcpa" points out present conditions of our injured work forces, many blue collars injured in our nation's industries.
It is good to remember the histories of our nation's building resources, often piled on the bloodied bodies of immigrants, sacrificed so rich men could be richer.
http://www.historyinsidepictures.com/Pages/Mo...
//////////
Excerpts from the website:
This page is dedicated to them as well as to the 60,000 U. S. coal miners who lost their lives between 1870 and 1918 (one for every 180,000 tons of coal mined), and especially to the 3,242 American coal miners who perished in Monongah and elsewhere in the dreadful year of 1907.
The Monongah mine explosion,** the worst mining disaster in United States history, occurred on December 6, 1907 at Monongah, West Virginia. The blast spread through two of Fairmont Coal Company's mines,*** No. 6 and No. 8, connected underground. At 10:30 a.m.,**** the earth shook as far as eight miles away, shattering buildings and pavement, hurling people and horses violently to the ground, and knocking streetcars off their rails.
//////////
Many children also died in the explosions, taken to the mines to also work for their poor families.
Of course, no love or compassion has ever generated in the hearts of heartless coal barons, as is pointed out in the recent Turkish coal mine disaster:
http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/167125/negl...
Fossil fuels save lives, you dunce.

Move back into your cold, dark cave.

Confused Kerry Flubs Temp Data in Climate Speech...

Infamous 'global cooling' author now insists Earth was warming all along...

Obama Admits Chicago Winter Makes It Hard To Sell...

SPIEGEL: Climate Scientists Forced to Toe Line?

Location hidden

#792 May 24, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
To think that somehow greedy industrialist suddenly had a change of heart, and would spend more money on more expensive solar, wind, gas-turbine power because of global warming and they wanted to help the environment is unrealistic to say the least.

Only when its more cost efficient to use alternate energy sources than what they presently use will they change. Cost efficiency and profits drive industry not guilty consciences.

litesong

Everett, WA

#793 May 24, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
In 2009,(Germany) consumed energy from the following sources:[26]
Hydro- and wind power 1.5%
Detailed & comprehensive updates to German renewable power sources for first four months of 2014:

http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/en/downloads-eng...

Wind & solar produced 23+% of the fossil fuel energy output.

"xxxooxxx" is way behind & lost. Must be the lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & a definite fossil fuel flop & propaganda compaign.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#794 May 24, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
As expected, Mitch McConnell enjoyed a relatively easy victory over Tea Party challenger Matt Bevin. He then immediately pivoted to the next phase of his reelection campaign, launching an all out attack on his general election opponent: Barack Obama.
Sen. Mitch McConnell gave a victory speech, and he promised that if he is elected Senate Majority Leader, he will force President Obama to do the Republican Party’s bidding.
He didn't say that. You need to be careful where you get your information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Balkans hit by fresh flooding; three dead 8 hr Dove1 9
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 hr ernie banks 439
How hot will Columbus be after 100 more years o... 11 hr CodSack 5
a Dangerously hot weathera in Southland shows n... Mon Jack D 4
Man in hospital, used stove for heat (Jan '09) Sun maddog2008 118
Police chief: Crime down 23 percent in Moss Point Sun Kelly 1
Hurricane Odile to Hit Baja California Mexico o... Sun Kelly 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••