Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#689 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>hey, giggles, who the hell is dc?
hohoho was it that bad!

P.S. dc may come back!
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#690 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>the results are wrong 97.4% of the time.
Make it 100% because you must be referring to yourself or other creationists.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#691 May 17, 2014
Time to refer to rising pollen under the first ever man-made global climate change, thus rising allergies!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#692 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hohoho was it that bad!
P.S. dc may come back!
an interrogative sentence usually ends with a question mark. that's about all i can say about your nonsensical post, son.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#693 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Make it 100% because you must be referring to yourself or other creationists.
being wrong 114 out of 117 times doesn't offer a very strong defense to the alarmists kooks who claim the science is settled,son.

but then again.....you still think mann is a nobel prize winner. some people refuse to learn.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#694 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Time to refer to rising pollen under the first ever man-made global climate change, thus rising allergies!
do you blame climate change for that zit on your nose?
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#695 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I'M an ideologue....when you call anyone with a different viewpoint than yours a t-bagger, son??....you asked me before how old the planet was....i respnded that it was over 4.5 bln years old....speaking of not knowing the difference between climate and weather.....i bet you're one of the kooks who claims proof of agw everytime a tornado touches down
Speaking of not knowing blip from trend, troll, no one claims climate change every time a tornado touches down.

It's a pattern of them being stronger than usual, in usual areas, at unusual times. A pattern...that means over time. Not from one touching down.

You're exhibiting just what I was talking about, and that sort of inanity is not "a different opinion." It's anti rational dissembling.

Funny that you think the earth is over 4.5 billions years in age, because now you've offended all your fundamentalist allies in climate change denial. They now know you're a heretic.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#696 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed that you would have had the comprehension skills to know I was referring to the climate in reference to global change, since climate is the topic at hand...my bad.geez.
You didn't even know the most basic terms involved. You lied that you have done your own research. Had you done any research you would have known it's "climate change."

Your remark about there being out of season's storms similarly shows you don't know the basics. It is about a trend of a range of increasing anomalies. Not out of season storms, but a trend of more out of season storms...and other climate change related effects.

And all this after I patiently answered your similarly clueless non question question about why people say "climate change" rather than "global warming."

You can't understand the basics. And you dissemble when called out on these basic errors. Anti rational. Opposed to rationality itself. To the very concept and practice.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#697 May 17, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of not knowing blip from trend, troll, no one claims climate change every time a tornado touches down.
It's a pattern of them being stronger than usual, in usual areas, at unusual times. A pattern...that means over time. Not from one touching down.
You're exhibiting just what I was talking about, and that sort of inanity is not "a different opinion." It's anti rational dissembling.
Funny that you think the earth is over 4.5 billions years in age, because now you've offended all your fundamentalist allies in climate change denial. They now know you're a heretic.
psssst.....You might want to let Senator Whitehouse in on that pearl of wisdom, son. Talk about "anti-rational"! LOL

btw.....There's no evidence of increased wind sheer and all that other BS. Tornadoes aren't occurring more frequently......and when the good senator announced the tragedy last year in OK was due to the GOP and fossil fuels it was during tornado season AND in the heart of tornado alley.

I get it.....you only believe claims arte hysterical when they go counter to your political beliefs! You are certainly faith based, son, I'll give you that much.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#698 May 17, 2014
It's as if Toto is explaining to Dorothy why she should hang onto the house while it was in tornado foreclosure..Bwahahahahahahaha ..
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#699 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Tornadoes aren't occurring more frequently
That alone does not comprise the evidence, Jethro. You mischaracterized the claims on the subject of effects on climate change. You don't know anything, don't want to, and never will.

Whether you actually believe the content of your trollish sounding rubbish is beside the point.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#700 May 17, 2014
justaguess wrote:
It's as if Toto is explaining to Dorothy why she should hang onto the house....Bwahahahahahahaha.
I think you are either in the fifth grade or are mentally impaired in some significant way, because that is really amiss.

You don't know the first thing about science, I mean, in addition to your strange, immature thought patterns and disordered English.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#701 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
I think you are either in the fifth grade or are mentally impaired in some significant way, because that is really amiss.
You don't know the first thing about science, I mean, in addition to your strange, immature thought patterns and disordered English.
Who care what you think, You.?

Why don't you spend another 20 minutes of your life putting icons on all the people that are laughing at you. That should make you feel better about your insignificance in the world.

You are the living tool of ignorance..I laugh so hard at your tripe that my dog got scared and I had to toss her some extra treats...

so you owe me for those, just sayin'..

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#702 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
That alone does not comprise the evidence, Jethro. You mischaracterized the claims on the subject of effects on climate change. You don't know anything, don't want to, and never will.
Whether you actually believe the content of your trollish sounding rubbish is beside the point.
don't tell me i'm wrong, son, explain how i am and you're correct!!

otherwise....you're just a faith based believer with nothing to offer, pat.

do you deny the claims made by your apostles, son???

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#703 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
are you like......11?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#704 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
You didn't even know the most basic terms involved. You lied that you have done your own research. Had you done any research you would have known it's "climate change."
Your remark about there being out of season's storms similarly shows you don't know the basics. It is about a trend of a range of increasing anomalies. Not out of season storms, but a trend of more out of season storms...and other climate change related effects.
And all this after I patiently answered your similarly clueless non question question about why people say "climate change" rather than "global warming."
You can't understand the basics. And you dissemble when called out on these basic errors. Anti rational. Opposed to rationality itself. To the very concept and practice.
and somehow we're supposed to believe that you have a grasp on the subject??

re-read your post when you sober up....and tell me why i'm doubtful, son.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#705 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Climate change? What is that? I always thought the climate was always changing. Please explain what this refers to...it seem to imply that the climate wasnt changing and then all of a sudden it started to change?...at what point in history did the climate start to change? Are you referring to the U.S. climate change or the Antarctica? or maybe climate change in Europe?? hummm I'm perplexed, please explain what this climate change is referring to.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#706 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG.
Where have you been since the 80s? Science has progressed since then with new analysis and results. read up your IPCC.com .
Yea, them there Scientists in the 1980s were so stupid, they had them charts turned up side down...no way minute, I dont even think they had charts way back then did they??... my bad.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#707 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change? What is that? I always thought the climate was always changing. Please explain what this refers to...it seem to imply that the climate wasnt changing and then all of a sudden it started to change?...at what point in history did the climate start to change? Are you referring to the U.S. climate change or the Antarctica? or maybe climate change in Europe?? hummm I'm perplexed, please explain what this climate change is referring to.
Global.

Global climate change.

[The globe is our world.]

World's climate is changing due to fossil fuel burning.

[This is the first ever man-made global climate change.in the universe 's history.]
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#708 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, them there Scientists in the 1980s were so stupid, they had them charts turned up side down...no way minute, I dont even think they had charts way back then did they??... my bad.
Were/are you in Australia?

Did you do x's and o's before?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's Really Hot In DC, So Fed Workers Were Told... 1 hr davy 2
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 3 hr silly rabbit 106
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 20 hr steve 231
News Thousands hit Philadelphia's steamy streets to ... 22 hr Voter 2
News Staying Hydrated is Key in a Heatwave HOLLAND, ... Mon Batch 37 Pain Is ... 4
News Swim ban lifted at some Chicago-area beaches Mon Chiraq 1
News Heat wave, drought showing no signs of slowing ... Sun YouDidntBuildThat 2
More from around the web