Ruidoso's summer rains fall short

Ruidoso's summer rains fall short

There are 8 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Aug 28, 2014, titled Ruidoso's summer rains fall short. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Courtesy A recent double rainbow adourned area skies. While Ruidoso has been getting some precipitation this summer, National Weather Service officials say it's been less than "normal."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 29, 2014
This is distressing. I always look forward to the summer rains but more importantly, we need to at least keep up with the normal rainfall amounts to even think of getting past this drought. The health of our pines and in fact, the water supply for our entire community is at risk.
THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 29, 2014
What troubles me is that the toads and clown minded don't seem to grasp importance of conservation. Just like our ancient civilizations, masses will be driven out of many drought ridden areas.Many ways to conserve. One is to plug off your outside faucets and quit watering your lawns!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2014
THE GREEN WATCHDOG wrote:
What troubles me is that the toads and clown minded don't seem to grasp importance of conservation. Just like our ancient civilizations, masses will be driven out of many drought ridden areas.Many ways to conserve. One is to plug off your outside faucets and quit watering your lawns!!
What lawns?? I sure don't have one and neither do any of my neighbors. I live in the heart of Ruidoso and don't see much grass anywhere. Some residents have some flowers out in pots here and there but I think we're well beyond lawns and have been for some time (unless, of course, you are a wasteful utility company in the Downs.)
citizen

Ruidoso, NM

#4 Aug 30, 2014
What lawns?? I sure don't have one and neither do any of my neighbors. I live in the heart of Ruidoso and don't see much grass anywhere. Some residents have some flowers out in pots here and there but I think we're well beyond lawns and have been for some time (unless, of course, you are a wasteful utility company in the Downs.)

From all of the rain we have had in July and August there is no need to water everything is green. Lawns need to be mowed all over the county. Cedar Creek area is beautiful and very green.
Sad

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Aug 30, 2014
Maybe the new commissioner will sue Mother Nature!
James Riatta

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Sep 4, 2014
I'll use as much water as I please. I live my own way regardless of the drought.. Take me to court.
NM Parent

Biloxi, MS

#7 Sep 4, 2014
James Riatta wrote:
I'll use as much water as I please. I live my own way regardless of the drought.. Take me to court.
maybe you will drown yourself by mistake with your carefree ways!
James Riatta

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Sep 4, 2014
NM Parent wrote:
<quoted text> maybe you will drown yourself by mistake with your carefree ways!
Carefree is right and good. I own it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 min Repukkkes R Dumb 3,229
News Congress approves bill on Calif. drought, Flint... 46 min davy 3
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 1 hr Jerry Brown 818
News US Senate backs stop-gap spending bill 7 hr Go Blue Forever 3
News Heavy snow in store for southern Ontario 11 hr Escape 1
News What we should be asking Donald Trump and Hilla... 11 hr GloriusGoodness 10
News Early winter bringing falling temps, snow 15 hr BPT 1
More from around the web