Seniors, the disabled stranded in high-rise buildings without power

There are 1 comment on the NorthJersey.com story from Nov 3, 2012, titled Seniors, the disabled stranded in high-rise buildings without power. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

Elderly and disabled residents of high-rise buildings across North Jersey remained without power for a fifth day despite pleas from local officials that utility crews need to make the apartments a priority.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

Barbara Norton

Staten Island, NY

#1 Nov 4, 2012
I have relatives who live in a high rise in Fort Lee. Aside from that, there are seniors who live in these buildings too. I do not understand why these buildings are not a priority for the power companies to repair. Governor Christie needs to visit Fort Lee to assess the terrible conditions there. My brother's high rise doesn't even have enough gas for it's back up generator. Residents cannot even leave because there is NO GAS in Fort Lee. Although this was a natural disaster, it shows how ill-prepared our region, and Fort Lee, were prepared. Shame on Jersey Power & Light!

Barbara A. Norton
Staten Island, NY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dutch cyclist retraces Terry Fox route on his o... 5 hr other routes 1
News Weather hailed on social media 12 hr is it HAARP 1
News Growing global demand for airconditioning as cl... 23 hr Earthling 1
News Two Burlington women allegedly assaulted as the... Sat crime on increase 1
News Putin threatens nuclear war: Russian leader wil... Sat bindebird 16
News Heavy rain to continue Fri Nederland Texas 1
News Classy, casual, cool Fri Hail 1
More from around the web