Emergency food stamps available in S. Indiana

Sep 30, 2008 Full story: WTHI-TV Terre Haute 23

Victims of severe weather this month in three southern Indiana counties may be eligible for emergency food stamps.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joshua Lozier

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2009
I have been waiting since October to receive my EBT card for the FEMA program. I got a letter in the mail a over a month ago saying if I didnt already have it, it should be here very soon. And we don't have our card. We could really use the food and we've been patiently waiting and I would REALLY like to know where my card is and more than that I would like the card.
Thank you,
Josh Lozier
Waiting too

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2009
My work closed down when the flood hit. I lost my private insurance cause I couldn't afford the rates offered by COBRA. My current job does not offer ANY kind of insurance, I applied for medicaid for my children in July, one was approved for package C and the charge me 54.00 dollars a month and my other child is still pending approval, I applied for them both at the same time. Good luck, but the chances of getting emergancy help, well, that does not exsist!
Charles Bronson

AOL

#4 Jan 12, 2009
very good point WDM! josh must feel like he is owed something.
DORENE

Clearfield, PA

#5 Jan 12, 2009
Waiting too wrote:
My work closed down when the flood hit. I lost my private insurance cause I couldn't afford the rates offered by COBRA. My current job does not offer ANY kind of insurance, I applied for medicaid for my children in July, one was approved for package C and the charge me 54.00 dollars a month and my other child is still pending approval, I applied for them both at the same time. Good luck, but the chances of getting emergancy help, well, that does not exsist!
Were oh were is the childrens DADDY??????
Give me another sad sad story
waiting on child support

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2009
DORENE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead, thanks for asking! Fight for your freedom!
waiting Too

United States

#7 Jan 13, 2009
DORENE wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever wrote that its mot true. As for father some people screw up when their young and pick the wrong people to children with. I'm one of them. No excuse needed. BUt I can say that I do not live of the government, I have a job in which I pay my taxes, I do not recieve food stamps, tanf, or anything else asside from medicaid for one of my children. And I pay for that medicaiad TWICE by my taxes and by the reaccuring monthly charge I have to pay to keep it. So screw off you ignorant witch that is probably recieving some kind of government help yourself. I'm a single mom that works my butt and I am able to provide for my child without out having to rely on the system 100%. And obvisously you were not affected by the flood our you would now that their are people that still havent been able to back in homes yet and you won't speak so heartless, careless, or selfish about those that were affected!
waiting on child support

Altoona, PA

#8 Jan 13, 2009
Sorry I what I wrote was not true, but I can't stand people who always try to cast judgement like they are better than someone else. We don't know anyones situation except for are own and people like her always have to put in something negative. What if your childrens father was dead and your havent recieved your benefits yet or something along that line. Shame on her. Just because people recieve help or need help doesnt make them lazy or any such thing like that and it's people like her that so many children who need help don't get the because their parents are too ashamed to ask in fear that they will be treated in the same manner that nasty woman or man has treated you. So I will mind my own bussiness now.
tbag

Punxsutawney, PA

#9 Jan 13, 2009
waiting Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever wrote that its mot true. As for father some people screw up when their young and pick the wrong people to children with. I'm one of them. No excuse needed. BUt I can say that I do not live of the government, I have a job in which I pay my taxes, I do not recieve food stamps, tanf, or anything else asside from medicaid for one of my children. And I pay for that medicaiad TWICE by my taxes and by the reaccuring monthly charge I have to pay to keep it. So screw off you ignorant witch that is probably recieving some kind of government help yourself. I'm a single mom that works my butt and I am able to provide for my child without out having to rely on the system 100%. And obvisously you were not affected by the flood our you would now that their are people that still havent been able to back in homes yet and you won't speak so heartless, careless, or selfish about those that were affected!
"I'm a single mom that works my butt and I am able to provide for my child without out having to rely on the system 100%." That's awesome!
reeltime

Amo, IN

#11 Jan 13, 2009
Charles Bronson wrote:
very good point WDM! josh must feel like he is owed something.
Very good post WDM. So good it is gone.
waiting Too

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Sorry for the typo, WORK MY BUTT OFF
Jeff Lawson

Pickerington, OH

#14 Jan 13, 2009
You certainly are high class scooter boy. Coming over here picking on those that can not afford to eat but still have internet access. Maybe some should rethink their priorities. Feed the kids or surf the net?
concerned

United States

#15 Jan 13, 2009
William Dale Matherly wrote:
<quoted text>
What street corner do you work on
you are a real piece of work WDM. More like something I scraped off the bottom of my shoe. Perhaps the best part of you ran...well you know how it goes and so does everyone else. You must be a really worthless POS. Go ahead and be insulting and rude, i expect it.
reeltime

Amo, IN

#16 Jan 16, 2009
<quoted text>
No it is still there you must need to put your glasses back on you dumb a s s
Oh, it was gone. For a while. weird
nobody

League City, TX

#17 Jan 22, 2009
Is it true that most so called poor people have at least 2 color TVs and a computer and spend money on other things because they want to...just asking....
Dana

Warrenville, IL

#18 Feb 6, 2009
The way the economy is going, the upper middle class and the 4 year college white collar workers will be on the streets too with the poor and have time too think about the smart remarks they have made here about someones misfortune......
The Hammonds

AOL

#19 Feb 6, 2009
Oh lord, i'm going down to get me some moe food stamps even though I's dont need em! Just like dem stamps I got after da floods! My stuff was dry dawg!!
The Pattons

AOL

#20 Feb 6, 2009
I heard Obama's face is on the new food stamps. Is this true?
loretta lynn

League City, TX

#21 Feb 7, 2009
Its a dang shame you can't buy smokes with the stamps! Maybe we can sell the shine and not put it on taxes!
The Pattons

AOL

#23 Feb 8, 2009
<quoted text>
I sell mine to buy my smokes and booze. I also sell them so I can go to 6th Ave with my **** girlfriend
You william are a loser, that abuses the system. The kind of person that makes it hard for people like me to get disability when i don't really need it. I took me five years of red tape to get ssi, and losers like you just bring unwanted attention to the system. the state told me i cant let my teenage kid go out and get a job, cause that would cause us to make too much money then we would loose our benifits. Shut up William.

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Since: Oct 08

Terre Haute

#25 Feb 8, 2009
<quoted text>
Make me shut up you f uc king loser. I sold my stamps yesterday and went out partying last night. You should have joined me we could have watched your wife and daugther pole dancing and lapdancing
only ignorant people like yourself cuss like a sailor and thats all you do on this forum is talk trash,trash,trash. You think that brown uniform makes you big bad boy.you are such a LOSER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 11 min Kapil 756
Boy's family: Cleveland officers reacted quickly 4 hr fire 50 min respo... 1
Passengers Push Russian Airplane Stuck In Ice 11 hr TALLYHO 8541 2
Snow may cause problems during evening commute 12 hr towny 2
Global Warming brings extreme Floods and Drough... 14 hr IBdaMann 2
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 16 hr RutgersU 476
Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On Stamford 20 hr Larry 1

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE