Rio Grande minnow's plighta

Rio Grande minnow's plighta

There are 5 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Rio Grande minnow's plighta. In it, KRQE Albuquerque reports that:

Water managers are scrambling to find a way to maintain wild populations of the Rio Grande silvery minnow after the annual fall census failed to locate any of the small fish for the first time in 20 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Sometimes its really hard to accept what nature puts forth!

Muscle Shoals, AL

#2 Dec 28, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
Sometimes its really hard to accept what nature puts forth!
You are correct.

And sometimes it is really hard for humans to accept that they are stewards of nature and not self-ordained plenipotentiary prefects of utopianism.

Pride did not cause the extinction of the silvery minnow, but it can certainly cause humans to fail- short of that Truth for which their restless hearts yearn.

Huntsville, AL

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Gottfried wrote:
<quoted text>

wet farts from tne phony pollster.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Here is an interesting paper on the ecology of the silvery minnow, which used to be a rather abundant native of the Rio Grande and Pecos. They feed on plant debris and organic sediment. A couple of guys collected samples of the fish in 1874 that were preserved and just recently analyzed. Read the last section of the paper where the authors discuss how hardy the fish are, capable of surviving hostile river conditions including low oxygen that would be fatal to other fish.
Newton Minnow

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Speaking as a gosh darn fish, I am totally upset that people would be treating my extinction as such a flighty affair.

Sure, I am not a Walleye-but than neither are you.

I have a certain Rio Grande delicacy to my texture that none of you will ever taste.

My taste even rivals that of St. Croix frog legs, if you have had enough schnapps beforehand.

To conclude, I will quote our great fearless leader as he spoke in 1961:

" It is a Vast Wasteland"

(i.e., no mackerel shining in the moonlight has less integrity or more stink than an Obama union activist)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump apologizes, but also calls crude remarks ... 3 min Sassy 903
News Drought blamed for discolored water at Tennesse... 15 min ThomasA 3
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 27 min jackie 121
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 2 hr Dooshy 803
News Flood victims face major challenges as early vo... 6 hr Lipstick3409 3
News Western Wisconsin Gets Federal Disaster Aid Fri... 19 hr storm warning 1
News 10 things to know for Friday, Oct. 14 Oct 19 barefoot2626 26
More from around the web