Seas rise, Fla. GOP leaders balk at c...

Seas rise, Fla. GOP leaders balk at climate change

There are 27 comments on the KIMA story from Jun 7, 2014, titled Seas rise, Fla. GOP leaders balk at climate change. In it, KIMA reports that:

On a recent afternoon, Scott McKenzie watched torrential rains and a murky tide swallow the street outside his dog-grooming salon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIMA.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#25 Jun 15, 2014
Dayum, even I own mansions by the sea and I cannot tell where the oceans have risen. And I owe my fortunes on globul warming. That is scary.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#26 Jun 15, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
These deniers have no idea how dumb they look to the rest of the world.
Other way around there, dummy. The rest of the world could care less about your fictional globull warming. This country is a laughing stock. As we're wrecking out economy with emission standards and other regulations, the rest of the world is prospering and laughing in our faces at how dumb the liberal nuts are that are running this country.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27 Jun 15, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Other way around there, dummy. The rest of the world could care less about your fictional globull warming. This country is a laughing stock. As we're wrecking out economy with emission standards and other regulations, the rest of the world is prospering and laughing in our faces at how dumb the liberal nuts are that are running this country.
Get educated about the world affairs, off.

Too late for your catch-up race, LOL.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#28 Jun 15, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Get educated about the world affairs, off.
Too late for your catch-up race, LOL.
Maybe you ought to get out of your liberal bubble and get caught up on world affairs yourself. If you did, you'd see that the world is laughing at you and your globull warming BS.
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#29 Jun 15, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you ought to get out of your liberal bubble and get caught up on world affairs yourself. If you did, you'd see that the world is laughing at you and your globull[sic] warming BS.
Certainly, I try to keep up but I'm more into science than politics.

You are my opposite, off.

Your delusions are major problem for you though. Too late for your catch-up race.
Obamacare KILLED my Mom

Ames, IA

#31 Jun 20, 2014
Man Made global climate change can't possibly be real.
Earth is big, and we are small. Just because science suggests moving away from dirty fossil fuels like coal will in the long run work out very well for all people on the planet, science does not take into consideration the power of the fossil fuels industry over the world.
man made global climate change can't be real because all those poor coal miners would loose their jobs, and be stuck working in an air conditioned solar panel factory, most likely on the ground not in it.
How can oil company profits in the hundreds of millions of dollars be bad for the planet? Our oil and coal companies are constantly being ridden by the EPA and sometimes have to payout thousands just because they don't follow all the rules and a few people have been adversely affected by their world economy driving business practices.
and besides, why should FL even care about what science says about the rising levels of the sea? Just because FL has the most coast line of any state, in 2 different large bodies of water,, why should lur legislature care about what science says if they deciede they don't believe it? Every inch of FL is 60 miles or less from the coast, rising seas means, all of us could be less then 50 miles from the coast at some point. There will be less property, but the price will go way up as the shore line moves on in, and that is good for America.

I don't see how Man Made global climate change could be bad for America at all weather its true or not. Maybe, there will be less farmland and food, there will be more and more severe weather events, flooding, dead polar bears, etc. No matter what happens, the rich in America will be OK. So no need for us to panic. They will just create great paying jobs for us, and take care of out needs, as long as we are willing to work hard and play by their rules.....
and that my friends has always been the American way.
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#32 Jun 24, 2014
Obamacare KILLED my Mom wrote:
Man Made global climate change can't possibly be real.
Earth is big, and we are small. Just because science suggests moving away from dirty fossil fuels like coal will in the long run work out very well for all people on the planet, science does not take into consideration the power of the fossil fuels industry over the world.
man made global climate change can't be real because all those poor coal miners would loose their jobs, and be stuck working in an air conditioned solar panel factory, most likely on the ground not in it.
How can oil company profits in the hundreds of millions of dollars be bad for the planet? Our oil and coal companies are constantly being ridden by the EPA and sometimes have to payout thousands just because they don't follow all the rules and a few people have been adversely affected by their world economy driving business practices.
and besides, why should FL even care about what science says about the rising levels of the sea? Just because FL has the most coast line of any state, in 2 different large bodies of water,, why should lur legislature care about what science says if they deciede they don't believe it? Every inch of FL is 60 miles or less from the coast, rising seas means, all of us could be less then 50 miles from the coast at some point. There will be less property, but the price will go way up as the shore line moves on in, and that is good for America.
I don't see how Man Made global climate change could be bad for America at all weather its true or not. Maybe, there will be less farmland and food, there will be more and more severe weather events, flooding, dead polar bears, etc. No matter what happens, the rich in America will be OK. So no need for us to panic. They will just create great paying jobs for us, and take care of out needs, as long as we are willing to work hard and play by their rules.....
and that my friends has always been the American way.
Hey momless, ohhh, submit your case to win $ 10K:

Physicist offers $10,000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"

Keating says he is more than willing to pay the money but doesn't believe it will happen, "I'm a scientist and I have to go where the science leads me. I have been studying climate change for a long time and I am certain my money is safe. They are in the business of denial and deception, not science. But, if someone could give me a scientific proof global warming isn't real, it would be worth the money."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study warns of deepening Florida water shortage... 15 hr Floridian 2
News Phoenix hits triple digits, predicted to hit 10... 17 hr Scarlet 2
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Mon MickMan 882
News Climate cycles that could mean we're about to g... Sun VirtualRealityIsN... 28
News Why don't police enforce law requiring headligh... (Jul '09) May 20 Theresa 70
News Stormy weather leave thousands in dark in Ontar... May 19 Storm damage 1
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) May 19 silly rabbit 135
More from around the web