Meles Zenawi: The man who gave back

Feb 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Walta Information Centre

CCTV, February 2013 It is harvest season in Tigray, northern Ethiopia... and the wheat is heavy with seed.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

This has to be the biggest joke for a documentary. The jouranalist that was being interviewed said the Amhara was not happy, the Oromo was not happy, the Somali was not happy. CCTVnews summarizes that as "minorities were unhappy."

CCTv might want to hire a more competent journalist. And one who is not beholden to a dead corpse for a tyrant. But then this is China I guess..
Belay

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

LogicMagic wrote:
This has to be the biggest joke for a documentary. The jouranalist that was being interviewed said the Amhara was not happy, the Oromo was not happy, the Somali was not happy. CCTVnews summarizes that as "minorities were unhappy."
CCTv might want to hire a more competent journalist. And one who is not beholden to a dead corpse for a tyrant. But then this is China I guess..
The question here is : Are we addressing Ethnic (minority) rights properly without a hype on Ethnicism as opposed to Nationalism or not?It was a proper move to recognise diversity and address it earlier than delaying it.You can't deny people of their identity and build a country there after! Look at Sudan and the Bask and Catalan people of Spain! Sooner or later such issues will haunt future generations if not addressed early!
Belay

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Btw minority rights and language was one of the questions raised by students movement of 1970s!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

"Minority right" does not mean a totalitarian ethnocracy. And Ethiopia today is by all accounts a totalitarian state which would put even North Korea by the sophistication of its repression. Only difference is the West looks away.
Belay wrote:
<quoted text>The question here is : Are we addressing Ethnic (minority) rights properly without a hype on Ethnicism as opposed to Nationalism or not?It was a proper move to recognise diversity and address it earlier than delaying it.You can't deny people of their identity and build a country there after! Look at Sudan and the Bask and Catalan people of Spain! Sooner or later such issues will haunt future generations if not addressed early!
Belay

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

LogicMagic wrote:
"Minority right" does not mean a totalitarian ethnocracy. And Ethiopia today is by all accounts a totalitarian state which would put even North Korea by the sophistication of its repression. Only difference is the West looks away.
<quoted text>
Hehehe! Who is close to N/Korea,Ethiopia or your Eritrea?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Ethiopia problems are created by Abyssinian (Amhara and Tigary ethnic groups). Peace and development in Ogaden is key and fundamental for stable Horn of Africa and Horn of Africa withouth conflicts and drought disasters. So, Ethiopians should think about these issue, otherwise Ethiopia will be North Korea of Africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••