New Jersey top court voids award for ...

New Jersey top court voids award for ocean views l...

There are 1 comment on the WTAQ-AM Green Bay story from Jul 8, 2013, titled New Jersey top court voids award for ocean views l.... In it, WTAQ-AM Green Bay reports that:

Less than a year after Hurricane Sandy devastated the New Jersey shore, the state's highest court made it easier for cities and towns to avoid paying costly compensation to homeowners whose water views were blocked by the building of sand dunes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAQ-AM Green Bay.

J DiBella

Beach Haven, NJ

#1 Jul 9, 2013
I am a homeowner in Harvey Cedars since 1985. The Dune Replenishment is for the common good of all homeowners in Harvey Cedars. If someone lost part of their view they can raise their home like most of the other homes on the ocean. The cost of doing this would be compensated by the increased value of their home. Also why should they be compensated when all the homeowners who have properties that they either raised or bought that were already raised receive no compensation for the added expense they incurred. My home is raised and I paid for it myself and I believe the dunes saved our town from devastation. What would the people who are sueing have cried about if we didn't have the dunes and their homes were washed out to sea. Who would they sue then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 700 rally to show support for Dreamers 15 min huey goins 8
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 54 min slick willie expl... 4,368
News Sulfuric acid clouds on Venus hide a 'bizarre' ... 3 hr Spotted Girl 3
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... (Jun '16) 14 hr Calvin 146
News Columbus hits record high temperature 15 hr every troll here ... 1
News My 2 Cents: Meteorologists Don't Hype The Forec... Tue trustme 1
News Safe routes to school: Sidewalk work continues ... Tue Safe Sidewalks 8
More from around the web